Pattaya Ghost Town Or Not

Pdoggg

Three Thai men were sentenced to 3 months in the monkey house with no parole for violating curfew.  No details as to how late they were out or what they were doing.

Roadblocks will prevent people from entering or leaving Pattaya starting 14:00 on Thursday, April 9th.  You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

On 4/8/2020 at 9:15 AM, Pdoggg said:

Three Thai men were sentenced to 3 months in the monkey house with no parole for violating curfew.  No details as to how late they were out or what they were doing.

Roadblocks will prevent people from entering or leaving Pattaya starting 14:00 on Thursday, April 9th.  You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

This is unfortunately what will happen in a country with no democracy.

Only 34 new cases in Thailand yesterday.   While the number of cases is somewhat dependant on whether or not testing is widespread, deaths are also low.   Despite the low numbers, Thailand is treating the threat seriously. 

Zero cases reported yesterday in Chonburi or any of the Eastern Seaboard provinces.   There are probably extremely few infected people in Pattaya and the checkpoints should keep it that way.  Also encouraging for Pattaya, is the only new case Issan was in Loei province.    When people migrate back to Pattaya, many more will migrate from Issan than from the harder hit southern provinces.  

The real test will be when international travel is re-opened.      

• Like 1

I have to say I am surprised by the low numbers in Thailand. If I was asked before this happened, whether Thailand would be susceptible to a pandemic I would have said yes.

Mainly because of the large number of tourists and a tendency to gather in large groups.

Australia's numbers have largely been caused by a number of cruise ships spreading the virus. There is going to be a shit fight when this thing gets cleaned up. A lot of finger pointing and court cases will eventuate. Be great for the legal fraternity!.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Note that the article states that tourism accounts for 21.6% of Thailand's GDP.    The baht that you give to your ladyboy de jour as she leaves your room is not reflected in Thailand's official GDP so I think the real number is higher.  25%?  30%?

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 6:55 PM, Pdoggg said:

The baht that you give to your ladyboy de jour as she leaves your room is not reflected in Thailand's official GDP so I think the real number is higher.  25%?  30%?

I'd say it is even higher than that.

The impact of unregistered and unrecognised tourism and leisure related activities for tourists goes well beyond any statistics Thailand, or anyone else, is able to offer. During this mandaory lockdown and closure of borders may reveal what is closer to the reality.

The trickle-down effect from the lack of money generated by tourism will be felt by even the most remote of rural dwellings.

Apologies for not communicating via the medium of youtube, or a copy/pasted link.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dixon cox said:

I'd say it is even higher than that.

The impact of unregistered and unrecognised tourism and leisure related activities for tourists goes well beyond any statistics Thailand, or anyone else, is able to offer. During this mandaory lockdown and closure of borders may reveal what is closer to the reality.

The trickle-down effect from the lack of money generated by tourism will be felt by even the most remote of rural dwellings.

Apologies for not communicating via the medium of youtube, or a copy/pasted link.

Plenty of farangs still in thailand and the ATM's are still throwing out money I'm guessing.

So reality is current and minus 25%.

Apologies to DC for posting another copied article - it's screenshots not cut & paste as I don't know how to do that. I put in the screenshots because when I just post link it often doesn't work.

But I think we need to be aware of what is happening, most of us are not in los, and are interested to read reports.

It's about a gg bargirl but reflects the sadness of the lb and gg bargirls and others trapped in Pattaya now.

https://www.pattayamail.com/coronavirus/pattaya-bargirls-fairytale-cut-short-by-coronavirus-297716

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 11.22.25 - Edited.png

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 11.24.56 - Edited.png

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 11.27.39 - Edited.png

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 11.29.04 - Edited.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

I put in the screenshots because when I just post link it often doesn't work.

great! keep posting links then QG!

why do you  keep posting utter rubbish from the Pattaya Mail? That recent thing about some bar girl called Nid, say's absolutely nothing that a monkey with half a brain or even Geoff Carter couldn't work out for themselves. Total bullshit my boy.

:drinks:

• Like 2

a curious form of voyeurism?

okay QG, i know that you are concerned and all that, i know too that you're very humanitarian inclined.. But for god's sake don't just believe everything you read in rags like the Pattaya Mail.. do you think that Nid really exists?  

read it again.... 'fairytale ending'... 'Her Beau'... jesus QG..it's vomit inducing Journalism

• Like 2

Starting Saturday, May 9th you can officially walk on the Beach Road promenade although people are doing so already. Eating, drinking, and socializing on the promenade is prohibited.   Also prohibited is swimming, walking, or laying on the beach in Pattaya, Jomtien, and Naklua although some are doing so.   One of the rationales for the beach closure is to discourage inter-provincial travel to use the beach.  

Restaurants are opening but booze not permitted to be served.  Restaurants are asked to arrange seating so that there is proper social distancing.  Some are speculating that bars could possibly open in June.

Beer can be bought at convenience stores between 11:00AM-2:00PM and 6:00PM-10:00PM.  The curfew is still in effect from 10PM-4AM.

Pattaya has gone 3 weeks without a new confirmed case of COVID-19 albeit with limited testing.

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Pattaya has gone 3 weeks without a new confirmed case of COVID-19 albeit with limited testing.

Well done Thailand. All those chinese in Patts around New Year and still this low count. Very impressive.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-reports-18-coronavirus-cases-050042072.html

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand's new coronavirus cases rose to 18 on Monday, after falling to single-digits for the past week, but the country reported no new deaths.

Monday's report brought the total number of cases to 2,987 since the new virus was detected in Thailand in January, with a total of 54 deaths.

The new cases were migrants who were entering Thailand through an immigration checkpoint in the southern province of Songkhla, which shares a border with Malaysia, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman of the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.