Pattaya reverts to its sleepy fishing village roots

20 hours ago, Quietguy said:

I got the link to work so full article can be read if you click on link.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-reverts-to-its-sleepy-fishing-village-roots-292266

Hardly likely to do that. With all the highrise and businesses around it could turn into a ghost town. No way it could afford to maintain the buildings and all the infrastructure that goes with it.

What an absolute fucking nightmare we have going on.

The only good thing is that at some point it will turn around. Just have to hope it can bounce back again.

I dont see Thailand being like it was though. Especially for us.

I feel really bad for the working girls. What the hell do they do now???.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Woodie said:

I feel really bad for the working girls. What the hell do they do now???.

Unless they have accommodation and food provided by the bar they work at, the best option might be to return to live with family. But they will have to do that before the State of Emergency is declared on Thursday.

But that might spread the virus to other areas.

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...

Hello Everyone,

Pattaya's resurgence to its peaceful fishing village roots marks a rejuvenating transformation. Casting off its former urban hustle, the city now radiates a tranquil charm that harmonizes with its original character. This reflects the city's resilience and its successful journey back to rediscovering its authentic essence.

23 hours ago, Maria465 said:

Hello Everyone,

Pattaya's resurgence to its peaceful fishing village roots marks a rejuvenating transformation. Casting off its former urban hustle, the city now radiates a tranquil charm that harmonizes with its original character. This reflects the city's resilience and its successful journey back to rediscovering its authentic essence.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
On 11/28/2023 at 5:38 PM, Zeppie said:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

It's true, it's true

Para phrasing the remark made by Madeleine Cahn in Blazing Saddles when she saw the black guys appendage. One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. And being American humour that is saying something! Mel Brooks at his best!

• Like 1
On 11/27/2023 at 7:58 AM, Maria465 said:

back to rediscovering its authentic essence.

On 11/27/2023 at 8:02 PM, Pulci Gorgon said:

How about new (ladyboys) bars grand opening ? 

Cindy's
69 bar
Peachy Lily
Not to mention the expansion of Emmy's bar.

I think these bars opening are reflected in the above part of Marias message :rofl: