LBR and Coronavirus

bumblebee

22 minutes ago, seven said:

On da bus? Come on, QG , get yourself an iPhone and let Apple own you. You wont believe how easy life will get.

I don't need to do internet stuff on bus, or watch films on a tiny screen or whatever it is that the smartphone zombies do when shuffling down the street looking at their phones oblivious to anyone or anything else around them! :phone:

12 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

That was the only time I used that phone.

you'd maybe need a new sim card QG. you might find that the valves have burned out too.....

i am pretty much the same as you...after 15 years in thailand i doubt that more than 8 people have my number.... LBs? only 2, Emmy and Teya.

lily can have it if she wants......

14 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I use baht bus or motorbike taxis not Grab or Uber - yes I know Grab is cheap.

I mostly use baht busses but Bolt, much cheaper than Grab can come in handy especially if raining.  30 baht from Emmy Bar to VT7.  About 70 baht from Emmy Bar to TJs/.   That's an Economy Car which will easily fit 2 farang and 2 Thai.

17 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I don't want them to be able to phone me!

A damn good reason for not having a phone!  :sign0184:

3 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Bolt, much cheaper than Grab can come in handy especially if raining.  30 baht from Emmy Bar to VT7.  About 70 baht from Emmy Bar to TJs/.   That's an Economy Car which will easily fit 2 farang and 2 Thai

If I was going from Jomtien to TJs I would probably get a baht bus, and to return if I was on my own. If I was taking a barfine back I would probably ask her to book a Bolt taxi. I assume the lbs use Bolt and have it on their phones? 

14 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

don't worry QG... you are not alone!

i confess though that i have one but don't use it for anything anymore other than calls and messages...wouldn't know or want to know how to use the net on it. Android is a nightmare as far as i'm concerned. only bought it when i lived in a condo and the wi-fi was crap... used it as a hotspot connection.

pretty soon now it may join a previous one that someone gave me [i can only assume that they didn't like me] somewhere in Jomtien Bay.

no offense PG because i do understand what you are saying, but if being socially abled is having a smartphone. i'll be Mr lone wolf. facebook, TF etc etc..leave me cold.

got to be more to life than all that.  

:yes:

I didn't expect this since I use(d) Thai friendly but never Facebook with a smartphone. I am very cautious with Facebook that I see as a Brig Brother. I checked Apps I use currently : messengers (6 messengers), clocks and calendars (5 apps), Google translate, a reminder and a note app, youtube (that I use a little bit in my smartphone), my hotel reservation app, 2 apps to learn Vietnamese, I use Google maps a lot with my smartphone especially when in Asia and I also upload apps to use the bus system in large Asian cities. 

My first smartphone had very limited apps. I changed my previous smartphone before it became saturated but it had transmission problems with web apps after 5 years and half of use. The last generation seems unlimited so far. When traveling, an old tab replaces my PC and my phone backs up my tab. 
Thanks to my phone I can chase ladyboys without being restricted to Pattaya or Bangkok. 

• Like 1

I got a Samsung orbit J2 reconditioned for $16. Came in da box like new, not sure it was ever used, person probably turned it on and decided it was too slow or showed fingerprints or some other dumb thing.  Pay as you go in the USA for about $39 a month.

Had my brother fix an Iphone 5s (has the slot for a sim) so I can use it IF I ever get to LOS again.  The thing is CDMA I think it is, GMA is usually on locked (to a provider who often gives you the phone cheap).  In LOS I use a True plan (they have the widest coverage I believe) and something like 600 baht lasts me almost a month with my laptop (forgot to mention this is with a dongle that goes into the lappie, but SIM is in that, so should be the same or better with a phone as I am online a LOT on the lappie).

also have LINE on both the Thinkpads with Wiinders 7 (dual boot with Linux Mint, which I think is better in Asia re security)

• Like 1