LBR and Coronavirus

bumblebee

These are challenging times.   Some of us may know people who will catch it, and there will also be economic and social consequences alas.   In the difficult times to come, many of us will be turning towards online communities such as LBR to socialize instead of meeting mates face to face.

In these troubled times, I'd suggest that we make an extra effort to interact with our fellow forum members respectfully even if you disagree with their point of view.  To some degree we're all in this together so let's treat our forum brothers (and handful of sisters) with good cheer, the way we would if chatting with them at our local pub.  

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, duke007 said:

You Bastard :mad0261:, bloody typical as I cancelled my upcoming June trip yesterday :biggrin:

Yep can't blame you Dukey. Quite obviously my May trip isn't going to happen either, so looking at November, but i may need to make it October for various reasons. Emirates sent me an email giving me the option to reschedule my ticket any time within the next year, obviously paying any difference in fair, which I can guarantee there bloody well will be. I love the way they never give the option of a refund.

On another point, I was talking to Sindy yesterday, sitting in her room bored senseless. The Thai attitude to this astounds me, they honestly think that after the 2 week lock down everything will return to normal, carry on as you were. I reckon Pattaya is fucked for the forseable and a good possibility if and when we do return there, it will be a very different city.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, ciobha said:

looking at November, but i may need to make it October for various reasons.

I was planning for January/February trip again next year, and hopefully that might happen. But some reports are saying this could go on for 12 or even 18 months more.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ciobha said:

On another point, I was talking to Sindy yesterday, sitting in her room bored senseless. The Thai attitude to this astounds me, they honestly think that after the 2 week lock down everything will return to normal, carry on as you were. I reckon Pattaya is fucked for the forseable and a good possibility if and when we do return there, it will be a very different city

Yes I can see a lot of bars closing unfortunately, sad for the owners and the girls. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ciobha said:

On another point, I was talking to Sindy yesterday, sitting in her room bored senseless. The Thai attitude to this astounds me, they honestly think that after the 2 week lock down everything will return to normal, carry on as you were. I reckon Pattaya is fucked for the forseable and a good possibility if and when we do return there, it will be a very different city.

I have the same feeling...what you say it makes sense...

7 hours ago, Duncan said:

Well, I'm in quarantine right now.
My hairdresser has it. Wish me well folks.
No symptoms so far. Knock on wood.

Keep safe...I haven't been cutting my hair for 4 months now..because I was scared..looking like a heavy metal guitar player now..in compulsory quarantine here for everyone.. you're not alone

• Like 2

As it happens, on the subject of personal grooming, I haven't shaved for a couple of weeks and my white (more like seminal grey) beard is doing quite nicely. It itches, but I put up with that as it adds to the filtration near my air intakes.  I wash it, as I do my hands and wrists, whenever I return home from going outside. 

I look more like my monkey avatar than ever :Monkey:

• Like 3

Well my friends you all know if my body would let me i would be in patts if not for covid 19. And most if not all know of the kind of person i am in person. I am ring that bell for all of you and wishing you all safe and healthy days , months ahead . my wife said to keep them hard and working lol. :biggrin:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ciobha said:

Yep can't blame you Dukey. Quite obviously my May trip isn't going to happen either, so looking at November, but i may need to make it October for various reasons. Emirates sent me an email giving me the option to reschedule my ticket any time within the next year, obviously paying any difference in fair, which I can guarantee there bloody well will be. I love the way they never give the option of a refund.

Is that with the la bamba sindy? She was always quite optomistic. :D

5 hours ago, dixon cox said:

As it happens, on the subject of personal grooming, I haven't shaved for a couple of weeks and my white (more like seminal grey) beard is doing quite nicely. It itches, but I put up with that as it adds to the filtration near my air intakes.  I wash it, as I do my hands and wrists, whenever I return home from going outside. 

I look more like my monkey avatar than ever :Monkey:

LOL I don't like shaving everyday but that beard itch has always gnawed on me. So I can't seem to grow a big beard like gandalf.

9 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Me neither.   I usually shave around every fourth day.   I don't get itchy until at least the sixth day.

I used to do every other day but now I'm about the same. Every Monday and Thursday morning.

11 hours ago, dixon cox said:

I haven't shaved for a couple of weeks

I read somewhere beard is not a good idea with cover-19 in the air. You let your hair grow too? I had a very nice combover length after 3 weeks, but shaved it off 2 days ago.

In Europe, we have been confined since early this week except in Holland. Confinement started on Monday at noon. We are allowed to leave our home only for serious reasons (going to work, getting food, taking care of vulnerable relatives, health reasons, sport within 500 m from home). We need to fill in a statement saying what's the purpose of our journey and keep it with us. Police and troopers are patrolling. Anyone controlled without his/her statement gets a fine of 135 € (US$ 145). It's prohibited to gather and talk with people. In grocery stores (only ones remaining opened), marks on the ground show distances to respect with other people. Some people used the waiver to have a walk in parcs, at riversides or on the beach. It is prohibited. troopers use helicopters to control the beach. In other cities, drones are used by the police to warn people chatting with each other in the street they are not allowed to gather and must use their phone to chat. 

Tonight, we saw a country fellow doctor who stayed in Wuhan to take care of people. He believes our measures are not sufficient and that we need more discipline to follow instructions. We saw that BJ decided to close pubs and restaurants in the UK at last. 

Yesterday, we saw that the governor of California decided confinement for the population. This is the beginning of wisdom and the beginning only. We see numbers increasing exponentially, especially casualties in Italy and Spain. Idiots who were proud to show off they were not scared shaking hands with anybody now take a great risk. We saw a care giver crying on a TV report. They must clean beds after some one dies and then choose someone else to give care. They must choose who will be left without care. We also saw that US students go and party in Florida for the Spring break. It's not only criminal, it's some kind of collective suicide. 

Last week end, I found ridiculous a lady leaving a grocery store with 3/4 months of food in her cart. Now, I realize this not paranoia, it's just elementary protection. I post the above since many of you guys are American. You can still choose to protect yourself. 

• Like 3

The Grim Reaper will come and ask seniors to pay for the bill. The longer the party, the more salted the bill. Here, many people believed they weren't taking too much risks breaking governmental advises. This week, the Pharmacy placarded "Sick people must stay in the street. They will be served outside". Yesterday, I heard ambulances twice. 

Everyone is free not to respect discipline at war but bullets will catch those who played too much. 

• Like 1