Chaiyapoon News

stoolpusher

With the hole of Pattaya technically in lock down there are still quite a  few places open , we have a resident  high ranking police officer ( according to all the fruit on his chest) who lives in the soi ,last night he was home and the bar opposite was open and someone rang the bell .He had his back to the bar so I suppose out of sight out of mind .

We are getting a lot of lost souls wondering up and down looking for drinks and a bit of fun before bed .

Most bars/ shops are putting food on for staff so at least they are eating but obviously they still need money for rent and day to day stuff .As with 95% of businesses only a lucky few are on salary ( managers and cashiers) so please support the working girls from any business in the soi by taking them back to your room .

• Like 4

Had a guy for the third morning in a row walk down the soi with one of those fish net ( I'm to sexy for this shirt ) shirts on , I was wondering how funny he would look when he takes if off after being the sun for to long , he will have little squares all over him it would give one of the working girls something to  laugh at back in his room 

Anyway more to come 

• Like 4

The Hot Man bar ( for Thai's ) is in clean up mode while they are supposedly shut . You have to hold your breath as you walk past , the chemical they are using would strip paint lucky they have the standard dust mask on or they would be in real strife B)

20200320_152744_resize_86.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stoolpusher said:

Had a guy for the third morning in a row walk down the soi with one of those fish net ( I'm to sexy for this shirt ) shirts on , I was wondering how funny he would look when he takes if off after being the sun for to long , he will have little squares all over him it would give one of the working girls something to  laugh at back in his room  

I had a lb in Soi 6 st room laugh when I took off my shorts, my legs up to shorts level were a deep brown, but from there to waist I was quite pale.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Quietguy said:

I had a lb in Soi 6 st room laugh when I took off my shorts, my legs up to shorts level were a deep brown, but from there to waist I was quite pale.

I took my shirt off in a ST room with a Soi 6 GG, many years ago, to reveal my very white skin. She blurted out "I should have a baby with you" (or the equivalent in BG language). I guess that love of white skinned possible baby makers is kind of lost with LBs.   

Sorry :offtopic:

• Like 1

We still have all the local food and drink carts doing good business in the soi , most are saying business has picked up because the guests in the soi are not going out so the food is coming to them , from ice cream to fruit pancakes to any other meal the carts provide we have to the door step . All we need in here in an ATM and a 7 , we have motorbike taxis either end if you do need to get out but all in all we are set .

• Like 4

It's good to know in these desperate times that the English Rose bar/ guest house can stay open , I just counted over 50 " guests " all drinking together and having a good time when on a normal day they are lucky to have 3 " guests " 

• Like 3

There's a little bar on my quiet soi that had the lights low, no music, no bargirls, no bins but where drinks are available.  Patrons spaced out well and probably safer than a crowded restaurant serving drinks.  But I guess one could say that people have to eat but not sit in bar.  

I haven't been walking around to much but if the place on Chaiyapoon had 50 people when they normally have 3 then I guess most other joints are closed.

• Like 2

NOT because of my post .

The English rose got busted last night and is probably closed for 3 months and a 100,000 baht fine , if they don't pay its a holiday for the boss at the monkey house ( all expenses paid ) and the bar will be closed for 5 years .

As you can expect being Thailand there are spotters out and about taking photos of open establishments and they are sent to the virus task force ( not all police seem to be involved) , we have a motorbike taxi who is one of our local spotters ( taxi 37 ) he just goes about his daily chores and takes a few photos , its probably just a hobby ( we all need one ).

Anyway more exciting shit to come .

• Like 2

With the situation we are in its suprising how many plastic bottle collectors there are around , I have just counted 5 go through the soi and they all have full bags , I have no idea how far they travel or how much they get collecting but we do get the same ones every day/night and its first in first serve. We get one man operations to the family collecting so it must be big business. 

• Like 1

More and more Thais are leaving Pattaya for home in the soi with that many rooms will become vacant as they can't pay the rent , I must say its very sad to see . As with all cultures you can always go home but the problem is most workers send money home to help the family and now they have nothing. 

This situation may prompt more Thais to save money for the future like in western cultures. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

More and more Thais are leaving Pattaya for home in the soi with that many rooms will become vacant as they can't pay the rent , I must say its very sad to see . As with all cultures you can always go home but the problem is most workers send money home to help the family and now they have nothing. 

This situation may prompt more Thais to save money for the future like in western cultures. 

I only know one Thai who has saved money, but only after she lost all she had gambling in BKK, now she has big bank balance and just built own house in her village.

Then again she is 40+ and not worked in P4P for 15 years and is in a steady relationship for last 14

Most girls still believe 'Its Buddah's Will' and will not save, just keep borrowing money off friends.

We will see, but sad for them to have to go home - but I think many of them will be happier at home with family than selling their ar**'s

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Annat said:

I only know one Thai who has saved money, but only after she lost all she had gambling in BKK, now she has big bank balance and just built own house in her village.

Then again she is 40+ and not worked in P4P for 15 years and is in a steady relationship for last 14

Most girls still believe 'Its Buddah's Will' and will not save, just keep borrowing money off friends.

We will see, but sad for them to have to go home - but I think many of them will be happier at home with family than selling their ar**'s

Yes my gf has gone home. Naturally no work there, so having to send some money. Hope it is spent wisely???. . Not much chance of that though. She sent a video of her and her gay friend playing in a plastic pool with a glass of beer in their hand!. This was literally 2 hours after she said that she would be careful with her money. To be fair it is stinking hot where she is, but   hope that they exercise some caution.

Only good thing to come out of the video was her showing herself to me with a wet string bikini top and shorts!.

I sent some challenging words to her. We will see!!!.

• Like 2

I did mean to post this little story last week when I witnessed it.

At the Seaside restaurant I was sitting eating my food when this English guy , his Thai lady friend and his soon to be stepson sat down opposite me and the English guy immediately started trying to teach the boy English table manners,  how to hold the utensils and the like ( All the usual niceties) . What I couldn't understand was the guy was doing all this while sitting in a public restaurant with no shirt or shoes on .... there should be a dress code in place .

Stay safe guys .

SP.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Took a stroll down Chaiyapoon around midnight.   It had a bright welcoming feel to it as opposed to Soi Honey which was dark and mostly deserted.   Chaiyapoon had quite a few massage shops open and also some bars seemed to be quietly operating.

When the beer bars re-open, I think Chaiyapoon is positioned to do far better than most areas.    Even if half the bars on Chaiyapoon remain closed and the other half are half staffed it will still feel alive and vibrant.  OTOH if say Soi 7 was barely open it would feel very empty.   But on Chaiyapoon it's not obvious that the closed shop is a bar.    

On another note, I passed by the newer Kateseree near Soi Baku/BabyBoom and the sign said they will only serve booze with a food order and only from 11:00-14:00 and 17:00 to midnight.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We got to Pattaya late yesterday afternoon,  so today is my first day out and about. 

I have to say it's been long time since I have seen so many falungs around Pattaya , they must have got cabin fever when the curfew was on , that or its pension day back home so they are cashed up for as long as it lasts. It is good to see but sad to see so many establishments closed .

Our soi is very quiet as far as places being open but are getting a lot of foot traffic through the soi . If there was an exact number of recordered falungs in Pattaya ( with a current Visa or not ) I am sure they are all out and about to day, and they seem to be sticking together ( safety in numbers ) that or they are just good friends. 

• Like 2

Free food to day in the soi and the line seems to go on for days , all with the social distance thing happening and there is a falung that looks to in charge ordering thai's around ( must be on a power trip ( probably a rent a cop from walking st. ) and the funny thing is he is the only one with out a mask on .

A big thanks to Delicious Bar for providing the staff ,facility for the free hand outs

• Like 2

Went to a place for breakfast today call the Hungry Hippo .A nice place to eat and reasonably priced,  the  down side was all these other falungs there all talking doom and gloom complaining about Thailand and how bad Thais are....FFS ... I think it's time these guys went home 

• Like 3