Jimbo - The Mongers' Monger

Jimbo2.thumb.jpg.5c0aa59008b1a600f3a4ee2df628fb9a.jpgIn my mind, James H was an ordinary man living an ordinary life in a forsaken English town and THEN… he moved to Thailand in his 50s (?) and became JIMBO the LEGEND among the farang manly man who are into girly men.  It helped that he was an avid ladyboy chaser himself and that it was the mid-2000s when the ladyboy scene was exploding on the internet.  He took over Patong beach’s sole ladyboy bar (C&D) that under his convivial management and astute online promotion at Pyongyang became a ladyboy Mecca for sex tourists and sexpats who did not really need to travel all the way to Phuket to fuck ladyboys but did so anyway to party with Jimbo and other like-minded groupies.

In 2018 he moved to Pattaya bringing C&D's mini-Jimbo3.jpg.a91c788b0da7da177543a30c4aa0430d.jpgcabaret show concept to TJ’s Music Bar making it an even more successful bar than it already was.   In 2019 he started over with Sweethearts bar which is open for action as of this posting.

Through it all, Jimbo established himself as a the ultimate Thailand mongering pundit with his trademark rants at Pyongyang for the education of the adoring masses.

Despite all the business he got from me over the years, Jimbo is not that keen on me but that is no reason not to induct him into The Romscars Hall of Legends as a representative of the cohort of the bar owners who make it possible for us spoiled mongers to score a ladyboy at the snap of a finger.

Rant on Jimbo!

Rom

jimbo4.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I was put off visiting Jimbo's bars in Phuket and Naklua by his derogatory terms and comments about Indians, Chinese and Germans. I did go to TJs last year, mainly because Emmy invited me.

Jimbo wasn't as bad as I was expecting him to be. I think his online persona was just his schtick to attract the more bigoted forum members. Which might have been a mistake.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

I was put off visiting Jimbo's bars in Phuket and Naklua by his derogatory terms and comments about Indians, Chinese and Germans. I did go to TJs last year, mainly because Emmy invited me.

Jimbo wasn't as bad as I was expecting him to be. I think his online persona was just his schtick to attract the more bigoted forum members. Which might have been a mistake.

i  always suspected that you are Chinese QG! but you're right about Jimbo..nice guy really.

11 hours ago, Quietguy said:

I think his online persona was just his schtick to attract the more bigoted forum members.

I am always surprised how many of them there are in the cock sucking community, sad really.  Seems the boys in dresses get a pass in their world view.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bumblebee said:

I am always surprised how many of them there are in the cock sucking community, sad really.  Seems the boys in dresses get a pass in their world view.  

Very true, BB. I recall being quite surprised at how many bigots there are in our little community when I began doing ladyboy forums and visiting Thailand six years ago. One has to wonder how these gentlemen rationalize their beliefs and sentiments toward non-Caucasian people. Ironically, some of them maintain very dark tans, so much so that they could easily be mistaken for being non-white themselves.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 5:38 AM, bumblebee said:

Very astute comment.

How could a prejudice person be accepting of the LBs they sleep with, or even themselves for their life style choices?

Answer: Probably they cant.

(Above has nothing to do with Jimbo. I dont know him. I've been to his bar. Some nice girls hes got there. And a lot of people speak super respectful of him. So I tip my hat)

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

This post is meant to record that exact moment when a living legend begins its twilight into legendary memory... 

James H just announced at PY that he is letting go of his latest ladyboy bar endeavor and retiring to one of the Jomtien sexpat ASS-isted living facilities.  It's more than just another farang doing what so many other farangs have done before him.  It's a metaphor for the end of an era of intrepid expats washing ashore in Thailand with little more than their dreams and somehow making them come true.

Jimbo and others may bounce back and keep the party going a little longer, but it's never going to be the same Pattaya as we knew before Covid-19, which was already way down from its mongering peak 10-20 years ago.  Shrinking demographics, rising education and incomes, technology, and social change in Thailand were already the writing on the wall.  Covid-19 only jolted it into a preview of doomsday.   Amidst all the covid economic devastation, Thais may righteously decide it's time to get rid of the Pattaya Jurassic Park of self-indulgent farang dinosaurs.  Which is what we all are. Dinosaurs from another era.  Jimbo was a T-Rex.

At PY, many BMs are expressing their personal gratitude and best wishes to Jimbo in his now memorial Sweethearts thread and I wish I could do the same but I would be hoovered and banned if I tried.  I would have drawn Jimbo a cartoon for the occasion and convey to him that even though it was me who chose to keep the distance from him (not the time to explain why) I always looked up to him both online and on the field.  I would have thanked him for the exciting memories of Patong and apologized for not saying "hi" the last time we saw each other at TJ's (one and a half year ago!) when he greeted me from the distance and I just nodded back.

I will save the cartoon for when Jimbo personally announces here at LBR the bar closure and his retirement like he did at PY.   Duke did the announcing for Jimbo earlier today, but I think the occasion deserves to go on record here in the Hall of Legends by the legend himself.  Exceptionally, I am reposting a PY post: Jimbo's self-drafted announcement.

@jimbo33, Good luck with whatever comes next Jimbo, well done and thanks for the memories.

Rom

JimboPost.thumb.png.0a1c4f631624f772fbc5c4510611f28b.png

• Like 1

Jimbos Sweethearts Bar will be just one of many to close down. A real shame. As he said he had two goes at setting up in Pattaya. Just a shame that the virus thing was the final nail.

There will be many more to follow his demise which may well signal the end of the scene as we know it. I want to return but just checked the airfare available now on Skyscanner, BKK to Aussie. $3287.00. It was $380 about 3 months ago!.

Oh well, just have to wait until more airlines are flying there, or paddle my canoe maybe?.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Woodie said:

Jimbos Sweethearts Bar will be just one of many to close down

Unless rents are renegotiated how are any Pattaya bars going to survive if farangs don't return this year and next year has 20% of 2019? 

EDIT: Same goes for restaurants.  I would think the best positioned eateries would be street stalls such as those that might be found outside a Family Mart which I assume pay some sort of monthly rent but probably not any upfront fees and can walk away at any time. 

• Like 5

Yeah the bar owners are really in a tight spot, rents are so high and with no revenue coming in, it's a sure path to bankruptcy. A bar owner in Subic Bay, Philippines shared that he asked his Pinoy landlord for a discount or forbearance; the reply was a curt "No, but feel free to vacate."

I hope the greedy landlords get some of their own medicine.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Unless rents are renegotiated how are any Pattaya bars going to survive if farangs don't return this year and next year has 20% of 2019? 

EDIT: Same goes for restaurants.  I would think the best positioned eateries would be street stalls such as those that might be found outside a Family Mart which I assume pay some sort of monthly rent but probably not any upfront fees and can walk away at any time. 

Tourists arrivals to Thailand surged after the GFC.... and so did the rents.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lance2546 said:

Tourists arrivals to Thailand surged after the GFC.... and so did the rents.

sorry Lance, what is GFC?

Talking about Restaurants as PD was... i noticed in the Pattaya Trader that Simple Simon's in Jomtien is up for sale. This place used to be a Jomtien landmark, now up for grabs at 3.5 million baht !!! plus 10 months rent in advance at 47000 baht per month...

madness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

sorry Lance, what is GFC?

Talking about Restaurants as PD was... i noticed in the Pattaya Trader that Simple Simon's in Jomtien is up for sale. This place used to be a Jomtien landmark, now up for grabs at 3.5 million baht !!! plus 10 months rent in advance at 47000 baht per month...

madness.

Global financial crisis

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Talking about Restaurants as PD was... i noticed in the Pattaya Trader that Simple Simon's in Jomtien is up for sale. This place used to be a Jomtien landmark,

Oh no! Where are you going to get your British grub from now bbg?! 

40 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Oh no! Where are you going to get your British grub from now bbg?! 

sorry Rom, sort of messing your topic up here... but i did once meet Jimbo in Simple Simons! in reply to Quietguy... i'm much more of an eat at home type nowadays, much more sensible in these hard times... ..  and as Quinn touched upon... Crisps are easy to cook....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yep, sorry to see bars closing all over the place. 

I certainly have many a wonderful memory of the quiet night shared in the company of Jimbo in C&D's.... My first LB orgy (all from C&D)

Bloody hell, it's a wonder I survived. Jim will always hold a special place in my memory banks, fuck Covid, you can't take that away ya bass... lol

All the best buddy and hope to see you around sometime.

• Like 3