Jomtien back in the Day.

bumblebee

I didn't make it to the Jomtien bar scene will November 2008 when Pdoggg took myself and a friend over the hill to check out the bars.  I had read about Bar 54 and Sally's and was eager to check them out with someone whose face was known to the staff.  I never took much photos in Bar 54, these are the only ones I could find.  Sally's, later the Roadhouse of course, is a different story.  For those who never made it to the bar, it was a mix of LBs and GGs.  A very relaxing venue, if I recall correctly there was a sofa out front.  

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

And you even managed, unknowingly I guess, to capture one of Pattaya's famous night hawks out in the daylight with his back to the camera.  

You're right I didn't know who he was, but one of the Sallys' girls obviously did

100_0224.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

I didn't make it to the Jomtien bar scene will November 2008 when Pdoggg took myself and a friend over the hill to check out the bars.  I had read about Bar 54 and Sally's and was eager to check them out with someone whose face was known to the staff.  I never took much photos in Bar 54, these are the only ones I could find.  Sally's, later the Roadhouse of course, is a different story.  For those who never made it to the bar, it was a mix of LBs and GGs.  A very relaxing venue, if I recall correctly there was a sofa out front.  

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

The one in the 2nd and 4th photos (same person) is pretty hot.

37 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Out of curiosity QG, was that the same camera you were using on your recent trip?:sign0184:

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

Those pics were taken with the same camera I have now, so they might actually have been taken in 2008 when I first had the camera.

Errr, yes!

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

Those pics were taken with the same camera I have now, so they might actually have been taken in 2008 when I first had the camera.

Ah sorry missed this post earlier QG, you had anticipated my question already it appears :). Still works as well nowadays as it did back then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Looking at these photos I reckon you were using a better camera than me back then QG.

sal8.JPG

Nuch is the only one I recognise from your pics bb. She is a really nice lb. Nuch was the de facto mamasan in Sally's. She had a Maths degree in statistics, but couldn't work as a teacher unless she cut her hair, which like most ladyboys she refused to do. She was also quite fluent in several languages. She took me under her wing, explaining how things worked. Last I heard from Som, a couple of years ago, she was back in Issan looking after sick papa and working on farm.

100_0198.JPG

100_0254.JPG

100_0268.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 10:18 PM, Quietguy said:

She had a Maths degree in statistics, but couldn't work as a teacher unless she cut her hair, which like most ladyboys she refused to do.

Ah that might explain her doing the books in the bar one afternoon.  

*Dao is the one topless in the photos QG in case you didn't look at her face. :biggrin:

a4.JPG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

*Dao is the one topless in the photos QG in case you didn't look at her face. :biggrin:

I couldn't make out the face! Dao was the only lb there I didn't barfine. She was sexy, but mao most of the time. She was still working in Jomtien until a couple of years ago.

Like Nuch she had to go home to look after sick papa.

10 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I couldn't make out the face! Dao was the only lb there I didn't barfine. She was sexy, but mao most of the time.

Yep, pissed as fart practically every night, nice enough kid, but far too fond of the sauce. A bit like Jen at La Bamba in many ways.

• Like 2

Som was the one ladyboy I really clicked with in the bar, although I got on great with all of them.  She had a good sense of humour, and I remember clearly one time she told me how some of the LBs and GGs sleep in a communal room upstairs, and that she serviced some of the GGs when they were horny.  Not the kind of thing you tend to forget come to think of it.:character00274:

P1090028.JPG

P1090029.JPG

P1090030.JPG

P1090031.JPG

P1090032.JPG

• Like 6

There was a good old party in the bar in January 2010, can’t recall the exact reason for it, but I think Rossco had something to do with it.  Besides the standard roast pig, there were some tasty sausage rolls and pies, not that usual at an LB bar party at the time.  Most of the staff from that period and before were in attendance.  

s13.jpg

s14.jpg

s9.jpg

n1.jpg

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

s6.jpg

s7.jpg

s8.jpg