Pattaya Songkran Canceled

alaskanbear

Pattaya’s mayor today confirmed that Pattaya is cancelling virtually all official Songkran activities for this year due to concerns over the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak. This includes the Wan Lai Festival scheduled for April 19, the single biggest event on the city’s calendar, which attracts up to a half million tourists, both Thai and foreign, in what many consider Thailand’s wildest Songkran party.

All Beach Road activities, parades, concerts, booths, et al are cancelled. Additionally the city is reaching out to private organisers such as Central Festival, urging them not to sponsor a Songkran water party.

The Mayor urges residents and tourists not to throw water, which could help spread the virus, but noted that a closet ban would be unenforceable and there is no way to ban playing with water if people choose to at their own risk.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/03/06/pattaya-city-cancels-all-non-religious-official-songkran-activities-and-wan-lai-festival-due-to-covid19-concerns/

song85.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quinn said:

TSHIRT 72.jpg

Now that is cruel!.

I know you are joking but even in my little business world, it is starting to bite. Orders that I have are being postponed and one good order which involves an item i am taking to the UK before going to China then Pattaya is not looking too good. Might be ok, but who knows?.

The customer in China sent me a message last night saying that they in China cannot understand why we in the West have not taken more stringent steps to overcome this thing. He is suggesting that quaranting people for 14 days it would just about stop the whole thing. As it is we have people travelling and passing it on. A never ending cycle!.

• 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Songkran 2022:

Dr. Chakrarat stressed that “nobody” wanted to cancel the Thai New Year (Songkran) once again but if cases remained high and people did not comply with control measures authorities could have no choice.

How sad. Sorry you can’t play water, P’Diddy.:biggrin: