Scenes from Phnom Penh

bumblebee

More great photos - you definitely should look into getting a photobook published BB!

Just a question about the last photos, do you think the razor wire is on the post to prevent theft of the wires/cables? I know in South Africa it is common for thieves to steal the copper wires/cables from the telephone system.

More great photos - you definitely should look into getting a photobook published BB!

Just a question about the last photos, do you think the razor wire is on the post to prevent theft of the wires/cables? I know in South Africa it is common for thieves to steal the copper wires/cables from the telephone system.

Thanks RX and a good question, I guess it could easily be. I just presumed it was to stop people shimmying up to the balcony above, maybe for both.

• 1 month later...

Another random batch of shots from around town including Classic Cabaret which has an Lb show at night.

Interesting juxtaposition of the quiet walkway followed by the flurry of pigeons.

Guys, Classic is located on the corner of Street 288 and Street 63, odd streets are perpendicular to even streets. Bring your earplugs!

Interesting juxtaposition of the quiet walkway followed by the flurry of pigeons.

Guys, Classic is located on the corner of Street 288 and Street 63, odd streets are perpendicular to even streets. Bring your earplugs!

Thanks for the added info PD. I had a photo with the street numbers but cannot find it. As you and some others mentioned, it can be fairly noisy, and as I already had Zamir/l's number there was not much point venturing down that way. :rolleyes:

post-106-017226600 1332600091.jpg

• Upvote 1

NOISY is an understatement for Classic!!! It is sooooooo loud!!! Unbelievably loud!!!

The only good thing about the noise level at Classic is you can save on your bi-annual teeth cleaning bill. For the price of a beer you can sit in there and the level of the music will jack-hammered the tartar and plague off your teeth in about 10 minutes. Far less than the time spent in the dentist chair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest JustSumGai

Great pictures. Looks like a very relaxing atmosphere.

Looks nicer than the WEEK BEFORE when *I* was there. ROFL, jesus, I had no idea. I blame this on Stogie! hahaha, been outta the loop ever since that board went down. I was there extending a visa, DO NOT get a Tourist Visa if you think you MIGHT want to stay a second month. $45 for another month. I am guessing as I keep reading that you will have discovered the Pontoon.

I wonder if I should read this a page a night to extend the fun. What happened with the rest of Snooky? Did y'all sneak outta town or somethin?

For the price of a beer you can sit in there and the level of the music will jack-hammered the tartar and plague off your teeth in about 10 minutes.

My God, you Canadians are even worse than the British when it comes to your dental hygiene it seems. Is that Black or Bubonic?

Looks nicer than the WEEK BEFORE when *I* was there. ROFL, jesus, I had no idea. I blame this on Stogie! hahaha, been outta the loop ever since that board went down. I was there extending a visa, DO NOT get a Tourist Visa if you think you MIGHT want to stay a second month. $45 for another month. I am guessing as I keep reading that you will have discovered the Pontoon.

I wonder if I should read this a page a night to extend the fun. What happened with the rest of Snooky? Did y'all sneak outta town or somethin?

Hi JustSumGai, good to hear from you again and see you on here. Yea went to the Pontoon a few times, but damn noisy at the weekends. We found a new hotel the next day in Snooky and hung around a few more days.

The Cambodian tourist board should present you with some sort of Medal BB ,for the great PR youre giving them.We've got a few threads running here now about Cambo,and I'm surprised the slim man hasn't been there.As well as being a Ladyboy Lothario-I always had him down for being a culture vulture,as well as a history buff.....plenty of recent (macarbre) history in PP and Culture in Siam Reap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...