Naklua Back in the Day

bumblebee

While TJs celebrated 16 years in business back in January, it didn't really come to prominence to the LB loving community until Rossco aka Streetwalker stumbled upon it around 2010/11 or so.  For those intrepid connoisseurs of lady cock who ventured beyond the Dolphin roundabout in the late noughties there was only one major venue to head for, Family bar.   It was a mix of ladyboys and GGs, a bit like TJs in the early days.  The music was loud, really loud but it was an entertaining venue.  I first visited it in late 2007, and for my the next year or so it became a night out destination at least once a week when I was in town. 

Does anyone recall any other LB spots in Naklua back then that I was unaware of?

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0384.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

Super shot there BB.. nice one :wink:, great thread :good:

Cheers Duke, I had a few different cameras over that period, but all just point and shoots.  One Nikon wasn’t that great, similar to a bad camera phone today but the above photo was with a better Canon if I recall correctly.  

The trick in Family bar was to try to sit parallel or behind the speakers, anywhere else was uncomfortably loud. 

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

Cheers Duke, I had a few different cameras over that period, but all just point and shoots.  One Nikon wasn’t that great, similar to a bad camera phone today but the above photo was with a better Canon if I recall correctly.  

The trick in Family bar was to try to sit parallel or behind the speakers, anywhere else was uncomfortably loud. 

Or even better to have one of the ladies wrap her loins  around  your ears

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Is it still there?

The bar complex (on the right walking up Naklua road on the way to Soi 18)  and the unit are still there but not trading as Family bar.  I think there is still a Family bar on Second Road, more or less opposite Central Marina which has ladyboys but seldom reported about.  There was/is also one on Soi 7, which I think was mixed.  

This is Ricki if i recall correctly, one of the better dancers in the place.  She is the same girl in the red outfit earlier.  Not sure what became of her afterwards.

nak2.jpg

• Like 1

One night we were in the bar around 2010/11 or so and Rossco arrived.   He seemed pretty pleased with himself and told us he had recently stumbled upon a hidden away bar, down one of the sois, with ladyboys that nobody had posted about before.  He keep the exact location vague but pointed in the general direction of across Naklua road and further north.  Not being familiar with anywhere else in Naklua besides the complex were were sitting in we said it sounded interesting but doubted we would go looking for it.  Little did I know at the time how much I would grow to love that mystery bar in later years.  

• Like 3

You know what, it is a bit sad. I wonder how many,(if any), of the above girls are still working in the bar scene, and if not, what are they doing now?. Always wonder about that sort of thing.

We visit Pattaya, go on the hunt, and if one from the previous trip is not there we move on. Quite often without a thought for the previous ones. A bit of a meat market!.

I guess it works both ways as once we leave they are on to the next guy or guys. It is a job after all!.

Hopefully, if my long term gf sticks around until June, I will be ok. But who knows with the looming low season, how many will stick it out or go home.

I must be in one of those contemplating moods!.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Woodie said:

You know what, it is a bit sad. I wonder how many,(if any), of the above girls are still working in the bar scene, and if not, what are they doing now?. Always wonder about that sort of thing.

We visit Pattaya, go on the hunt, and if one from the previous trip is not there we move on. Quite often without a thought for the previous ones. A bit of a meat market!.

I guess it works both ways as once we leave they are on to the next guy or guys. It is a job after all!.

Hopefully, if my long term gf sticks around until June, I will be ok. But who knows with the looming low season, how many will stick it out or go home.

I must be in one of those contemplating moods!.

I'm the same when I wander around Patts at time, mulling what became of some of the well know faces from yesteryear.  La Bamba is one of the few bars with some of the girls from the 2007/08 era still working.

Family bar for me was a late night destination, think we used to finish up most  times between 4 to 5 on the nights I was there.  There was only one I ever took from the bar, it was just something about her look that appealed to me.  Her name was Opal or Opar, and she only had one ball.    The next time I went back to the bar a few nights later I had an ash tray thrown at me from another ladyboy who for whatever reason was pissed I hadn't taken her instead.  That finished my love affair with the place, not sure when it finally closed.

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

DSCN7944.jpg

DSCN7946.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ring_master said:

Still no mention of the wild ladyboys! Come to think of it, does that section of beach even still exist?

They are still there and going strong.  Usually 3 to 5 there any afternoon I passed.  That general area is quite popular now, there is even a beach bar built in behind the galvanised section.  

21 hours ago, bumblebee said:

They are still there and going strong.  Usually 3 to 5 there any afternoon I passed.  That general area is quite popular now, there is even a beach bar built in behind the galvanised section.  

Amazing! Once, I actually went down there at night just to see if they were there. I was (predictably I guess) the only soul on the beach. I also went to Jomtien beach (to the wooded section just past the police box) as it looked truly an ideal spot for some night-time shenanigans, but alas it was also deserted! Of course that was some years past so things might have changed. Or not....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ring_master said:

Amazing! Once, I actually went down there at night just to see if they were there. I was (predictably I guess) the only soul on the beach. I also went to Jomtien beach (to the wooded section just past the police box) as it looked truly an ideal spot for some night-time shenanigans, but alas it was also deserted! Of course that was some years past so things might have changed. Or not....

On Naklua I have noticed some of the bush bunnies heading off once night falls.  Perhaps one or two stay there all the time but I haven’t hung around late enough to confirm, honest your honour :). I agree that stretch of Dongtan beach looks potentially promising, but it is well lit at nights now and not sure what nocturnal activities do or do not go on. In the day time, besides the local rent boys,  there are some guys from Madagascar of all places hanging around selling their wares. 

• Like 1