Miss International Queen, March 7, 2020 Pattaya, Thailand

rxpharm

Here's the Miss International Queen Facebook page link.

If anyone is in Pattaya this week, there are a few promotional events you can attend, free of charge where you can see the contestants.

This Wed, Feb 26, at 1:00 pm Central Marina Pattaya, Ground Floor.

Check the MIQ Facebook page for more events.

Some interesting news about Miss Philippines - she is one of the first transgender flight attendants to work for Cebu Pacific.

The contest will also be broadcast live streaming by Thai TV Channel 3 on the finals night of March 7.

• Like 3

Thanks for that Pdoggg, I think there was some copy right complaint on the music.

This is a video of the preliminary round for the 20 contestants in evening gown and swimwear. Note that Vietnam actually has at least 2 representatives, and possibly 3. Miss Sweden, Vickie Tranh is originally from Vietnam, and possibly Miss Norway as well (not confirmed). However as these 2 are citizens of the countries they are resident in now, they can represent Sweden and Norway.

I think Miss Australia, Miss Thailand, Miss Sweden and Miss Malaysia should have good chances in the final round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I thought Miss Vietnam was as good as any.

Miss USA and Miss India probably got the booby prizes.

My gf thought Miss Philippines was good. I think my gf could have won!.

My gf also thought Miss Philippines was the best.

Did Miss USA win a local contest to get there?  Actually, I thought I might have seen her on the street today; probably not though.

What a smoking ladyboy bar it would be with those girls dressed TJ style!   :hot:

RX, are any of the contestants pre-op?   (not that you're peeking under their knickers)

• Like 1

Did Miss USA win a local contest to get there?  Actually, I thought I might have seen her on the street today; probably not though.

You did. She was on Beach Rd, trying to earn enough money to get home. Did not seem to get any takers!.

• Like 1

Here's the video of the finals night:

Here's the Bangkok Post story about the contest:

Thailand's Ruethaipreeya Nuanglee (left) and Brazil's Ariella Moura (right) kiss Mexico's Valentina Fluchaire after she won crown at the Miss International Queen 2020 transgender beauty pageant in Pattaya on Saturday. (Reuters photo)
PATTAYA: After temperature checks for contestants and with a smaller crowd than last year because of coronavirus fears, Mexico's Valentina Fluchaire was crowned in Thailand as winner of what is billed as the world's biggest transgender pageant on Saturday.

Although Miss International Queen 2020 went ahead, unlike many events cancelled around the world since the coronavirus outbreak emerged in China, the crowd was markedly smaller than in previous years, with many empty seats.

Organisers had advised anyone who felt unwell not to attend. To allay worries, the entire venue in the seaside resort city of Pattaya was disinfected the day before the event by staff in protective suits.

The contestants all had their temperatures taken with hand scanners before being allowed to go on stage in national costumes, swimsuits and glamorous evening gowns.

Fluchaire hailed her victory as a win for all trans-women in Latin America.

"This is for you, I made this for you," she said.

The second and third place went to contestants Ariella Moura from Brazil and Ruethaipreeya Buanglee from Thailand.

Thailand was the first country outside China to record an infection with the new coronavirus, but with only 50 cases recorded so far, it is no longer even in the 20 worst affected countries.

With the infection rate slowing in China too, the Chinese contestant hailed efforts to stop the spread of the virus there.

"I'm so proud of my country. It's like a lesson for everyone, for the earth, we can get through it," said the contestant, who gave her name just as Lacey to conceal her identity because of prejudice.

The annual pageant the pageant was in its 15th year. Thailand has built a reputation as a place with a relaxed attitude towards gender and sexual diversity since homosexuality was decriminalised there in 1956.

But activists say LGBT+ people face discrimination and stigma in schools, the workplace and health facilities, and are often rejected by their families.

c1_1874109_200308073114.jpg

• Like 2

Most of the contestants have to be a contest winner to participate - so Miss USA would have had to win a contest in the USA to qualify.

Yes, some of the contestants are preop, although they do not announce their status for the contest.

There is no age limit for Miss International Queen, as there is for Miss Tiffany Universe (no one over 25). Miss Tiffany contestants can also be preop or postop.

Miss Philippines did not do well on her semi-final impromptu question, which is why she did not make the final 3. She might have had an attack of the nerves, as most Filipina contestants do well on the question portion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rxpharm said:

She might have had an attack of the nerves, as most Filipina contestants do well on the question portion.

She may have gotten a bit unlucky as not everyone gets the same question in that round though they do at the end.  The Flippers tend to prep well for the questions.

Thais are saying that their contestant flubbed her final question.

Ms Mexico managed to pull off a good answer, Unstoppable, without appearing too egotistical. 

Quite the evening gown. Cut well and fit her well!

I don't like the capped teeth of Miss Mexico and Miss Philippines though.

Miss Brazil has a sensual face.  Perhaps hung too!

Miss France has style and personality. 

• Like 1