Tj’s Music Bar, Soi 18, Naklua.

bumblebee

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jimbo announced half an hour ago on t'other forum that this Wednesday night will be his last as co-host at TJ's, he and Em are parting ways (still best of friends) and he is moving to pastures new, details of which will be revealed later.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, duke007 said:

Jimbo announced half an hour ago on t'other forum that this Wednesday night will be his last as co-host at TJ's, he and Em are parting ways (still best of friends) and he is moving to pastures new, details of which will be revealed later.

I liked TJs in the old days, an extremely laid back bar with both ladies and ladyboys.  Jimbo brought it to a whole new level though keeping the laid back vibe with scantily clad ladyboys dancing and prancing around.

If Em can retain most of the staff then I reckon it's business as usual.   But then there are guys who like having a farang host around.  I'm not one of those guys.

We'll just have to see how it all turns out. 

• Like 2

I only went to TJs once - on my last trip. I did think the show and general ambience were great and I took one of the girls back to Jomtien. I was intending to go again, but due to events wasn't able to. I was planning to go om my trip next January. Will have to see how it is without Jimbo.

I gather Jimbo has plans for another bar. If it is anything like TJs I will be going there to check it out. Hopefully it might be closer to Central Pattaya and easier to get to.

• Like 2

I've visited TJ's perhaps 3 times in my life and those were all well before Jimbo took on the venue, or before I moved to Pattaya over 7 years ago.

Nothing in particular against Jimbo or TJ's, it's more to do with inconsistencies in getting there. Although my baht bus trips were a long time ago I do recall them never being the same and I found that off-putting and it stayed with me. I dislike moto-si taxis and would only consider those if there were no other options.

In the other direction, to Jomtien, the chances of baht buses straying off-route or deciding they've gone far enough and make a random turn is somewhere between zero and none.

Hopefully Jimbo will add to the options somewhere more easily accessible and I suspect, in time, staff will migrate towards him as the grass is always greener, leaving TJ's to revert back to what it has always been; a mixed local's bar with dogs.

• Like 5

On 8/22/2019 at 9:55 AM, dixon cox said:

Nothing in particular against Jimbo or TJ's, it's more to do with inconsistencies in getting there. Although my baht bus trips were a long time ago I do recall them never being the same and I found that off-putting and it stayed with me. I dislike moto-si taxis and would only consider those if there were no other options.

In the other direction, to Jomtien, the chances of baht buses straying off-route or deciding they've gone far enough and make a random turn is somewhere between zero and none.

Hopefully Jimbo will add to the options somewhere more easily accessible and I suspect, in time, staff will migrate towards him as the grass is always greener, leaving TJ's to revert back to what it has always been; a mixed local's bar with dogs.

The journey from Jomtien put me off too, but Emmy from Katty Bar took some of us over in her car. A bit of a tight squeeze going back with an additional lb.

I was thinking of getting there on Baht Bus, and returning to Jomtien by taxi. I'm told taxi fare to Jomtien should be between 3-400 baht which seems reasonable.

I don't think TJs will abandon the cabaret type shows as the owner Em will have seen the revenues generated by these. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 9:55 AM, dixon cox said:

I've visited TJ's perhaps 3 times in my life and those were all well before Jimbo took on the venue, or before I moved to Pattaya over 7 years ago.

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

I don't think TJs will abandon the cabaret type shows as the owner Em will have seen the revenues generated by these. 

For many of us TJs was always a draw, without or without Jimbo.  The shows and scantily dressed ladyboys certainly spiced it up during his time there, and attracted certain guys who wanted to chat to a scene personality.  Not sure how many of that type will bother going without him there.  Anwyay I’ll still head there regardless, if the shows continue it will be a bonus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

The shows and scantily dressed ladyboys certainly spiced it up during his time there, and attracted certain guys who wanted to chat to a scene personality.   

I certainly didn't go to meet Jimbo. Apart from the difficulty in getting there, his disparaging terms for various ethnicities verging on the downright racist put me off. I only went because Emmy invited me to go along. Emmy is quite friendly with Jimbo. I wanted to find out if he really was racist. And I had liked pics of the shows, including yours bumblebee.

Actually after meeting with him I don't think he is racist. It's just his 'schtick',  but he needs to be careful about how he comes across on forums though I don't think he will change.

If the cabarets continue I will probably go over to TJs next trip. If Jimbo's new enterprise has cabarets, which I'm guessing it will, I will also go there.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

If the cabarets continue I will probably go over to TJs next trip. If Jimbo's new enterprise has cabarets, which I'm guessing it will, I will also go there.  

I may well bump into you up there QG :)   The new venture would certainly need a bit of space for any type of show, but between the atmosphere in TJs and Katty’s I’m more than happy to frequent both venues on a night out.  Having said that I have always enjoyed a bit of a cabaret also.  

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 3:12 AM, duke007 said:

still best of friends

Cough

On 8/22/2019 at 2:55 AM, dixon cox said:

Although my baht bus trips were a long time ago I do recall them never being the same and I found that off-putting and it stayed with me.

I just get a baht bus north on 2nd Road and if it goes into Naklua great. If it turns onto Beach Road I get off and walk. But I usually stop and eat on Soi 33 so that breaks up the walk.

It will be interesting to see what LBs stay and what LBs go. A number are very loyal to Em. A number live on site as there are rooms upstairs for the LBs. So it's more than just a bar to some of them. A LB like Lily can go any damn place she pleases.

Cabaret was a Jimbo thing. There was some friction over him wanting to remove another pool table and have a permanent stage. It never happened. So who knows if cabaret will still be around. I am not a fan so that would be OK with me.

• Like 3

Jimbo, with his photos, certainly brought the bar to the attention of punters who otherwise may not have made the effort to go up to Naklua.  I wonder, now that the bar has a bigger profile since Jimbo arrived, will it carry on as it is customer wise or will it be a case of out of sight out of mind, now that the almost daily feed of exposure will inevitably dry up or at best become just a trickle.  Either way I’ll no doubt be there with a couple of you gents some time come November.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 7:47 PM, bumblebee said:

I’ll be around town till the end of January, so no doubt we’ll share a few beers or more out on the veranda of Katty bar.:party0005:

Yes we will be overlapping again so quite likely to bump into each other, probably at Katty Bar - after Hemingways' Quiz Night!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Jimbo, with his photos, certainly brought the bar to the attention of punters who otherwise may not have made the effort to go up to Naklua.  I wonder, now that the bar has a bigger profile since Jimbo arrived, will it carry on as it is customer wise or will it be a case of out of sight out of mind, now that the almost daily feed of exposure will inevitably dry up or at best become just a trickle.  Either way I’ll no doubt be there with a couple of you gents some time come November.

Though a lot of lb forum members went to TJs because of Jimbo's promotion, when I went it seemed that the majority of customers were Germans who went there because of the cabaret.

I don't think that they would have seen Jimbo's pics, I guess the cabaret has become known through word of mouth among the German visitors. I gather it was quiet before the cabaret, like the other bars behind TJs.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

. I gather it was quiet before the cabaret, like the other bars behind TJs.

There was never really a focal event every night, from what I saw on my various visits was some of the girls would get up on the podium and do a bit of a routine from time to time over the course of a night.  Hopefully now that Em has seen how it works the raunchy routines will continue.

• Like 1

Believe me I didnt go there to meet or schmooze with jimbo.  I had been there a few times and not even met the guy as he was sat at his table talking to other farang.  I go there because the bar has a chill vibe, the girls never pestered you for drinks or anythign else, and the drinks were reasonable priced.  Oh yeah there were MANY hot barfineable girls there!!!  Thats the bottom line!!!!

• Like 4