Join The Katty Bar Klub

Pdoggg

As most of you know, Katty Bar, Soi 4 in Jomtien,  won our membership vote as Best Ladyboy Bar of the Year.

They now have a special area on LBR called the Katty Bar Club. Everyone can see the posts there. If you use the View New Content method you will see it like you would see any forum post. If you use Forum View, Clubs are at the bottom of the page.

To reply in a Katty Klub thread you must be a member so I would suggest that you take a few seconds and click this link to the Club,   http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/forum/158-katty-bar/

and then on the far right hand side of the banner, underneath Emmy's face you will see Join Club.  Please click that and then you are a member and can reply to posts there. 

I've had some great nights at Katty Bar and suggest you not only join but get your ass :movethatass: to Jomtien and find out what the excitement is all about!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Harry said:

I do understand that Katty Bar is well regarded here as a bar but to say that you have to be a member to post on a bar thread, does that not defeat the notion for BMs to post to that particular bar thread if they want if they decide not to be a member??

I'm not really sure why one wouldn't want to be a member as it takes just 5 seconds to join.   But yes, before one's first post in the Katty Klub one would need to click the Join button.  

Are all bar threads now going to come under the Club format and you have to join each one to make a post on said bar thread??

We suggest that bars make their threads a Club as it is easier to group threads together and gives a bar greater control over content in their official threads.  But it's up to a bar to decide if they want their thread(s) to be in a Club or not.  

If the person who started a bar thread, do they have control over who can be a member and what can be posted or is that restricted to the Mods?

In the Katty Klub anyone can join but the Club Creator can ban whoever they choose and that person would no longer be able to post in the Club.

Seems to me that it is an overkill but if a BM does not want to be a member of a club, so are they allowed to start a thread in the normal areas to talk about the bars??

Yes.  

However, repetitive derogatory posts, such as what New Bar was subjected to last month, will probably result in being put on moderated status or banning.  LBR moderation has a much lower tolerance for keyboard warriors than we did a couple months ago and now posters are being put on moderated status much more quickly.

To be clear, if you you think a bar is overpriced or has unfriendly talent or just isn't your cuppa go ahead and post your feelings about the bar. 

If it is in within a Club then the Club Creator can delete (not edit) posts they deem offensive. We have found over the years that some barowners have thrown hissy fits over the most minor criticism.  With a Club, instead of crying to the mods they can delete what they don't like and keep us out of the loop.

If it is not within a Club, it's probably OK to post most criticism as long as it is not libel or unless a poster is cyber stalking the bar.

I do understand that Katty Bar is well regarded here

Yes, Katty Bar is highly regarded here.  LBR members overwhelmingly voted Katty Bar the Bar of the Year.  It is one of my favorite bars.  However, we make the Club offer to all bars.  The primary reason for a bar not choosing the club format is the perceived difficulty of dealing with slightly different tech than what they are used to. To me, it seems like a much nicer format.  If a bar wants to start a club, please PM me and I will walk you through the process. It really is extremely simple.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pdoggg said:
12 hours ago, Harry said:

If the person who started a bar thread, do they have control over who can be a member and what can be posted or is that restricted to the Mods?

just to confirm and expand pdoggs reply Harry. as creator of the club i can control it under the keen gaze of pdogg.... . Emmy cannot, [nor would she want to] she is simply a member too..

i doubt i would ever need to hoover or hide anything as most people on this site are sensible.. i was talking to emmy about it all recently, she will do her best to answer any questions posted, and if she isn't around [busy lady] i will. obviously sometimes she may not understand the english used, hence my involvement. MInd you.. if anyone uses acronyms i won't understand either!

no genuine comment or concern even degoratory ones... will go unanswered.  as long as it is not deliberate unnecessary bar-bashing as happened with petesie recently. 

wow! i can hoover petesie and kendo!..... revenge! 55555555:biggrin:

before anyone asks by the way... ... i am really nothing to do with Emmy's bar... no personal or financial involvement...other than Emmy is a friend. And an oasis to be nurtured in the Jomtien desert.

• Like 3

Harry

Have you ever been to Katty?

if not just to prove my honesty about the bar... it really is a nondescript little place...always reminds me of the little bars you get in the Greek islands. Don't for god's sake expect TJs or Krus!.... the big selling point is not the bar as a wonderful hilton rooftop type place  [it isn't] .

it's the friendliness and the lack of heavy lady-drink hustle that Emmy tries hard to stop. just a place to chill in really.

• Like 5

My 2 cents:  I have been to Katty a few times and have had a great time on each visit.  Once, two buddies and I made the trip and we outnumbered the girls.  Only Teya and Suny were there.  That night ended we all ended up having a great time.  Had a nice little party for about 2 1/2 hours due to the friendliness and great attitudes of both the girls.

Another night there were 5,6 girls there and again I had a nice time.  The bar is on the quiet side and thats not really a bad thing.  Theres no bullshit buy me drink as soon as you get there.  The times I have bought girls drinks, they stayed with me flirted and I might have had a couple of gropes/kisses.  

Take that for what it worth.  I will vote with my feet/baht and, no, I dont have any financial interest whatsoever in Katty Bar.  I will support it anytime I am in Pattaya, which isnt too much, as its a fun place to hang out and I would like to see it succeed. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kylemore said:

I've only been the one time but it was the highlight of my recent trip. Chilled place, music not too loud, easy to sit back and shoot the breeze. Oh, and the ahem, corner seat is very nice....

Which side is the corner seat on?. The left or the right as you look into the bar?.

10 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

My 2 cents:  I have been to Katty a few times and have had a great time on each visit.  Once, two buddies and I made the trip and we outnumbered the girls.  Only Teya and Suny were there.  That night ended we all ended up having a great time.  Had a nice little party for about 2 1/2 hours due to the friendliness and great attitudes of both the girls.

Another night there were 5,6 girls there and again I had a nice time.  The bar is on the quiet side and thats not really a bad thing.  Theres no bullshit buy me drink as soon as you get there.  The times I have bought girls drinks, they stayed with me flirted and I might have had a couple of gropes/kisses.  

Take that for what it worth.  I will vote with my feet/baht and, no, I dont have any financial interest whatsoever in Katty Bar.  I will support it anytime I am in Pattaya, which isnt too much, as its a fun place to hang out and I would like to see it succeed. 

i remember that night Archie... i wasn't there.. but if i recall correctly you had announced that you were visiting on tuesday night?... so i popped down tuesday to say hello to find that you'd actually gone on monday night! Don't worry...i wasn't going to talk about football....

19 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Harry

Have you ever been to Katty?

BBQ, Harry requested that we convey his apologies to you for not answering your question.  Being on moderated status he felt that any reply might not be approved in a timely manner or perhaps not even be approved at all therefore thought that it was pointless to waste his time with a response.  Harry and LBR moderation have mutually agreed that it is time to move on.  We genuinely wish Harry the best with all his future endeavours.

Running LBR is a more or less a hobby for our mod team and of all the mod functions probably our lowest priority is checking the approval queue for possible posts by members on moderated status.  Depending on random timing, a post on the approval queue might be approved quite quickly but there could also be a significant delay.