Jimmy's Music Lists..

okay... forget that last post above... i put my thinking cap on... post anything you want... a much easier way to do things...

i have just spoken to emmy and we have decided that in jimmy's  thread [this one] emmy will only add to his playlist vids that have been posted by jimmy himself...easier for everybody then...especially emmy. so remember  jimmy...if you post it it will be used..even rolf harris........

same for you Duke and Quietguy...only posts from you in your respective threads will be used in your playlists.

this is of course if QG ever manages to download one!

jimmy..rolf harris...do you want that including? or are you undergoing some sort of lobotomy?

• Like 1

This is seriously good ...

I love the early Rod stuff. No original video to this, but one of the best lyric songs (IMO) written last century. The writer described it as "saying to a teenage girl that the way to happiness is not through being trendy. There are deeper values." It was recorded it in '69 on Rod's first solo album. It was much later heard in a new version as the song played over the end credits of the UK The Office ...

And...

No video but good audio and a great vocal belter by Steve Marriott (much missed) -

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The other guys with music threads probably have trips coming up. I don't, and so don't have much justification for adding to mine. But a fella's allowed to dream.. 

FYC were huge in the eighties, then just faded away for some reason. Had this song in my head for a few days.. (possibly because I'm here and not there! Actually it's about Thatcherite Britain). 

and a couple Oz classics - 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

This is a bit self-indulgent again... I'm not there. But then I suppose no one is unless you live there. Tough times these, which why I've been enjoying a lot of classic US country music. 

Kris Kristofferson is my favourite singer, and that's my favourite song. I've got all his albums. I saw him live on his 60th birthday about 22 years ago.

He usually does a UK tour every summer. Last year one gig was in Kenwood House grounds in Hampstead Heath. I didn't want to spend £80 to sit on the ground on a cool June evening, and thought I would be able to hear the concert from outside the grounds but couldn't.

If he comes over this year and does an indoor London gig I will try to get a ticket. But he is getting on (though not as old as bbg) and reportedly losing his memory (like bbg). 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 1:45 AM, Jimmy Cargopants said:

The other guys with music threads probably have trips coming up. I don't, and so don't have much justification for adding to mine. But a fella's allowed to dream.. 

I think many of us can just dream of the day when we will get back at this stage Jimmy.   I doubt many, if any, will be back in the next 6 months or so.  

• Like 1