• 1 month later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Woodie said:

I don't think I have ever seen Teya dressed like that.

Quinn has probably repurposed some classical painting by a famous artist, but I wouldn't know which one.

I'd guess a 19th century French painter. I've only heard of Gaugin and Toulouse Letrec - I don't think I've spelt those right.  

Or maybe Vincent Van Gogh, though he might be Dutch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

Quinn has probably repurposed some classical painting by a famous artist, but I wouldn't know which one.

I'd guess a 19th century French painter. I've only heard of Gaugin and Toulouse Letrec - I don't think I've spelt those right.  

Who was the artist that painted nudes that were rather plump?. Aha Rubens!. He wouldn't do Teya then

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Screenshot 2022-11-28 17.08.31.png

Screenshot 2022-12-21 11.17.56.png

Screenshot 2022-12-07 16.02.04.png

Was just thinking. If around midnight or maybe even a touch before and Teya starts to get just a little bit out of control, it might be profitable to have someone standing at the ready with a camera. We don't want golden moments to go unrecorded. Something along the lines of the English girl on the motorbike would be good!.

I know BB would not react very quickly but maybe QG with his new found skills could stand in?.

20 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I know BB would not react very quickly but maybe QG with his new found skills could stand in?.

do you really know what you are saying there Woodie? he still struggles to get his camera out of it's box.

20 minutes ago, Woodie said:

midnight or maybe even a touch before and Teya starts to get just a little bit out of control,

teya will be out of control by 8 pm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Woodie said:

Something along the lines of the English girl on the motorbike would be good!.

The 'English girl' is actually Lithuanian, and has probably gone back after Brexit. Another downside.

Unfortunately I won't be there tonight, I arrive next year.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2022 at 3:47 AM, Woodie said:

I don't think I have ever seen Teya dressed like that. Thinking a bit more, maybe not dressed at all?.

On 12/29/2022 at 8:12 AM, Quietguy said:

On 12/29/2022 at 9:57 AM, Woodie said:

Who was the artist that painted nudes that were rather plump?. Aha Rubens!. He wouldn't do Teya then

I tracked it down, it is a painting of a bar at the Folies Bergeres by Edouard Manet in 1882. I was right about it being a 19th century French painter.

Screenshot 2023-01-01 15.17.41.png

• Like 2

On 12/29/2022 at 3:12 PM, Quietguy said:

I'd guess a 19th century French painter. I've only heard of Gaugin and Toulouse Letrec - I don't think I've spelt those right

Close but no cigar. However at the Hemingways Quiz just before Christmas the question was - "What was Lautrec's first name" ?

I gobsmacked the team with my answer (ahem ahem) - Henri Marie Raymond De Toulouse Lautrec Monfa !

• Like 2

Back to the painting - Beer connoisseurs will surely have spotted the bottles with the red triangle in the (original) picture by Manet. it is of course Bass Pale Ale. The first trademark to be registered in 1876. A classic beer.

download.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Quinn said:

Back to the painting - Beer connoisseurs will surely have spotted the bottles with the red triangle

Now, i admit that i know nothing about arty-farty stuff. And to be honest QG always confuses me anyway

But did Manet actually do two very similar paintings, one with and one without two disembodied white hands? why?

• Haha 1

Further to the art lesson - and in particular Lautrec - who when he wasn't knobbing bargirls (tut tut) was a bit of a wag, and according to reports extremely well hung !  Pictured here taking a dump on some French beach. Try doing that in Pattaya. !

picture-aspx.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

i know how you found it as soon as i saw a photo of manet. you were searching the net for Afghani Trannies weren't you?

9 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

ah! so he was looking for trannies then!

As someone who objects to the use of 'sissies' shouldn't you not use the term 'trannies'.

2 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Maybe, but 'tranny' is generally regarded as derogatory. Pakistani is a proper word, but P**i is insulting slang.

is it really? tranny? well i'll tell you what... you and others stop using ridiculous acronyms and initials and speak English, and i'll use the full word.

why is paki an insult? to me it signifies someone from pakistan.

or is it a racial thing....

• Like 1