Coronavirus

seven

1 hour ago, rxpharm said:

These American focus on self achievement, don't generally like the idea of doing something for the overall good of society if they cannot see some sort of gain for themselves. As a result, they disagree with government initiatives such as universal access to medical care, education, government oversight and regulation of business, etc.

I agree. So its selfishness.

48 minutes ago, seven said:

I agree. So its selfishness.

I think I asked you this before, when Sweden asked its citizens to social distance, limit the size of gatherings etc. I believe you stated the majority of them complied.

How successful do you think such a strategy would work in the US?

Yes, most did.
like I said , fighting over masks is a non issue here, we never locked down, we haven’t done better or worse than any country that allows comparison.  The lesson is, lockdown or masks are not the solution. The US was hijacked by an insane person and his enablers for 4 years,so it’s not fair to compare, but of course it wouldn’t work there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rxpharm said:

A significant percentage of Americans are individualists. These American focus on self achievement, don't generally like the idea of doing something for the overall good of society if they cannot see some sort of gain for themselves. As a result, they disagree with government initiatives such as universal access to medical care, education, government oversight and regulation of business, etc.

Thanks for that clear explanation Rx of something that has puzzled me for years, but now makes sense.  

• Like 1

At a press meeting today our state epidemiologist in charge was asked when we can go back to normal life,  i e life before Covid-19.

His answer was:  I'm not too sure we will ever come back to that.

Quite sobering and bittersweet at the same time.

Once again, Thank you , China.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Thanks for that clear explanation Rx of something that has puzzled me for years, but now makes sense.  

Basically,  Clint Eastwood in any spaghetti western...as the anti-hero...is the motivating fantasy of manhood in certain segments of the US population.

• Like 1

At 4:06. I agree. Hes one of the few thai youtubers worth watching. The days of 14 million international travelers coming to Thailand are gone. Many sensible persons are saying the same thing so I guess its time to accept and find another way, at least for 2 week millionaires.

• Like 3

Sweden second country after France to donate vaccine to COVAX (vaccine program helping third world countries).

Makes me proud. Not selfish like Engerland.

If rich countries donate say 1 or 2  million doses each to Thailand we can get over there and enjoy ladymen.

Its a win win.

(In all fairness we gave away our AZ supply :biggrin:) . Happens to be the very same brand Thailand will start manufacture soon.

So if any of you Pattaya swots would be interested and aren't afraid of blood clots I'll be happy to send you some. I know BBG don't believe in the hype though.

• Like 3

On Friday 2 weeks ago, I had a special day regarding covid. My aunt had been in the hospital and diagnosed covid+, then moved to the intensive care. A buddy of mine (actually a country fellow met in PY, the only PY member I had met IRL) warnt me that vaccinatination slots were available in his provincial city. In large populated areas, it had been impossible to find an appointment for  a vaccination. It had been a real pain in the ass to find one for my father who's closer to 90 years old than 85 and convince him he had to go and get Pfizer injections. 

On that Friday I rode about 160 miles to find a vaccination center, then visit my friend to talk of ladyboys before coming back home after a long ride in the sunny countryside. As I came back home, I saw my father crying. His sister had passed away of covid after almost 1 week in an induced coma. It was the second time I saw my father cry, the first time having been my mother's funerals. He had always been close to his sister in spite of tensions in the family since they had been teen agers during WWII and the German army occupation. 

My aunt had 6 children ages ranking from 45 to 60. No one worried to look for an appointment for their mother. trying to find one in internet may be difficult for an old lady but the younger generation had enough competency and free time to do it. After the funerals on Friday last week, 3 of them were covid+. Regretfully, there is a price for those who don't take covid seriously. I felt happy of my victory but my aunt had been the first (and hopefully only) casualty of covid whom I kwew. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you mates. As a mater of fact, I didn’t mention this sad story to make people complain me or look for condeleances. I had taken distances with my aunt and cousins 2 decades ago already. However, I feel disturbed – not to say more – by negative attitudes in this crisis.

On my first day in a flight school in the USA, I had a briefing warning against 5 hazardous attitudes affecting pilot decisions.

1. Anti authorithy : people don’t want to be told what to do.

2. Invulnerability : people think they can take risks since troubles won’t happen to them.

3. Resignation : people do not see themselves as making a difference when acting.

4. Macho : people believe they are better than other and want to prove it.

5. Impulsivity : people feel the need to do something (anything) immediately and quickly.

These attitudes have been so far strong factors adding hazard to to the hazard of covid and cinitiated social and political tensions in many countries. On a smaller, they just let unfortunate people be contaminated, become disabled or die of covid. This is what made me angry in this sad story.

• Like 1

Just for BBG.

Indian virus variant found in Thai travelers from Pakistan

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indian-virus-variant-found-thai-131235795.html

BANGKOK (AP) — Health authorities in Thailand said Monday they have confirmed the country’s first cases of the Indian variant of the coronavirus, in a Thai woman and her 4-year-old son who have been in state quarantine since arriving from Pakistan.

609d0c6704f9a60e27ea0a256f3f10de.jpeg

• Like 2

Uhhh

Hundreds of bodies found buried along Indian riverbanks

I bet these bodies have nothing to do with COVID-19,” he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indian-police-bodies-riverbank-amid-050914298.html

PRAYAGRAJ, India (AP) — Police are reaching out to villagers in northern India to investigate the recovery of bodies buried in shallow sand graves or washed up on the Ganges River banks, prompting speculation on social media that they're the remains of COVID-19 victims.

In jeeps and boats, police used portable loudspeakers with microphones asking people not to dispose of bodies in rivers. "We are here to help you perform the last rites,” police said. 

Navneet Sehgal, a state government spokesman, on Sunday denied local media reports that more than 1,000 corpses of COVID-19 victims had been recovered from rivers in the past two weeks. “I bet these bodies have nothing to do with COVID-19,” he said.

648d45e0-b649-11eb-aff2-90a042e4ca77.jpeg

• Upvote 1