Coronavirus

seven

1 hour ago, seven said:

Brits are still welcome here

No britons allowed in as of one hour ago. Repatriation allowed tho, but no incoming flights for 48 hours, also have to self quarantine and travellers from UK since dec 12 are urged to test immediately.

Britons are now the pariah of the world, just like we were recently. Fucking Armageddon,QG. What to do?

1 hour ago, seven said:

EU/EMA just approved Pfizer/BionTech vaccine which means vaccinations can start Sunday. I'm not rushing for this one, but rather wait for the Astra Zeneca approval.

Vaccinations in UK started last week. Half a million done so far.

We have an app which gives us a rough idea of when we might get the vaccination, according to age and if we are medically vulnerable or working in priority occupations like health or social care. According to that I should be called for vaccination during last week of February or first two weeks of March.

On 12/22/2020 at 12:56 AM, Quietguy said:

Vaccinations in UK started last week. Half a million done so far.

We have an app which gives us a rough idea of when we might get the vaccination, according to age and if we are medically vulnerable or working in priority occupations like health or social care. According to that I should be called for vaccination during last week of February or first two weeks of March

Okay QG...good news i guess.

but don't you think that some people are putting Blind faith and hope in something extremely untested? something that has been very rushed through due to panic pressure and the chance of making lots of money.

i do hope that you don't get over here with two heads and very hairy toes or something like..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigTel said:

Rings a bell regarding "Thalidomide" BBG .  Remember how safe that was made out to be.

i do indeed Tel. Awful thing indeed. I guess we can only thank god that QG can't get pregnant.....

the other awful memory from youth... Aberfan.

i do try to keep out of this covid madness as much i can but this remarkably quick vaccine is somewhat worrying [to me] shouldn't these things be tested for years?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

people are putting Blind faith and hope in something extremely untested?

The vaccine has been tested and approved by the relevant authorities.

I'm not looking forward to getting vaccinated. I have a severe injection phobia. I wish there was another way to administer the vaccine. But it seems it is the only way we are going to get out of this mess so I will get it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I'm not looking forward to getting vaccinated. I have a severe injection phobia. I wish there was another way to administer the vaccine. But it seems it is the only way we are going to get out of this mess so I will get it.

indeed QG... it was also the relevant authorities that got everyone into this mess. Quite how it has been created, tested and approved in 2 minutes is wondrous.

you put too much faith in people that happen to have letters after their name sometimes... expertise does not necessarily bring wisdom.

i recall your recent post about John Hopkins and something about how trustworthy they must be with collated covid statistics because they are a prestigious organisation when all they are doing in fact is collating dodgy statistics provided by others.

i mean if we are talking a prestigious office...what is possibly the most prestigious in the world? the presidency of the U.S? let's not mention Watergate, weapons of mass destruction then....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Will they give you some sort of certificate that will carry any wait as far as being allowed to fly internationally particularly to here ? 

Thai PM blames virus surge on illegal migration, hints at new curbs

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-tells-market-buyers-seek-073247268.html

SAMUT SAKHON, Thailand (Reuters) - Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha on Tuesday blamed a spike in coronavirus cases on illegal migration, after the country's biggest outbreak yet saw more than 1,000 infections, mostly among workers from Myanmar at a seafood market near the capital.

Prayuth said he might this week announce new health regulations ahead of new year celebrations and attributed the latest outbreak in Samut Sakhon province to networks smuggling people into Thailand, which has so far had among the world's lowest coronavirus caseloads.

"This latest flare-up of infections in Samut Sakhon is primarily due to such illegal immigrants and they have brought much grief to the country," he said in a statement, parts of which he read in a televised address.

Prayuth said he would meet his COVID-19 task force this week and discuss "additional regulations that may be appropriate for the evolving situation," without elaborating.

Health officials reported 427 new coronavirus infections on Tuesday and urged about 1,000 people from a quarter of the country's provinces who had visited the seafood centre this month to report to authorities.

"But don't panic. Anybody who went should be tested," taskforce spokesman Taweesin Wisanuyothin said.

dbacd269fa8ce07a66998361674d6179.jpg

• Like 2