Coronavirus

seven

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8233185/Shock-photos-inside-Wuhan-lab-stores-1-500-virus-strains.html

'I've seen better seals on my fridge!' Shocking photos from inside Wuhan lab show broken seal on unit which stores 1,500 virus strains - including the bat corona virus behind the deadly pandemic

• Worrying photos have emerged from inside a Wuhan laboratory this week 
  • Pictures show a broken seal on the door of one of the refrigerators 
  • The fridge holds 1,500 different strains of virus including corona virus samples
  • The images were originally published on Twitter in March, before being deleted

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8233203/Chinas-disappeared-happened-dared-speak-coronavirus.html

China's disappeared: At least one is dead and the rest haven't been heard from in months, so why isn't the world asking what happened to the brave souls who dared to speak up about the corona virus outbreak after Beijing lied to the world?

27363316-0-image-a-38_1587245865136.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigTel said:

This Documentary is well worth watching.

I respectfully disagree. The Epoch Times is not a reliable source of factual information. It is a propaganda organization with a right-wing political agenda. While it is clearly the case that the Chinese Communist Party is totalitarian, there is absolutely no clear evidence to support the theory that China intentionally unleashed COVID19 upon the world. There is evidence that the Chinese government did mishandle the outbreak and was not forthcoming with other governments early on. It also seems evident that it is not being honest about the level of infections and deaths in China due to COVID19. But it is an illogical leap to believe or even suspect that China’s mishandling and dishonesty means it used COVID19 as a weapon against other nation-states.

From Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

The Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper.[2] It was founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement.[3] Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues, it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.[4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11] The newspaper is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD).[7] The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination 

• Like 3

I posted a Young Turks video about an opinion of a Fox host calling for war with China over this ``conspiracy`` plot.

If more people keep pushing this then we will get war which would be much worse than what is happening now.

Here`s the Fox Clip

Here`s the Young Turks opinion on it:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, rxpharm said:

If more people keep pushing this then we will get war which would be much worse than what is happening now.

I agree, but China needs to be held responsible for the cover up somehow. They are responsible for hundreds of thousands people dead and millions of people infected. This might be the worst crime against humanity ever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seven said:

I agree, but China needs to be held responsible for the cover up somehow. They are responsible for hundreds of thousands people dead and millions of people infected. This might be the worst crime against humanity ever.

Exactly !    :drinks:

14 minutes ago, seven said:

Back in 1916 the Spanish Flu was determined to originate from the USA, in 2009 the `Swine Flu`originated from Mexico. Is there any blaming of those countries? There is no doubt that China covered up the reporting of the seriousness and timing of this current outbreak - it is an entirely different thing saying they caused it deliberately. Also don`t you think it is strange that the COVID type A virus strain, which is considered to be the original strain, is not the predominant strain in Asia, but it is the type B strain? The type C strain is common in Europe, and the US happens to have all 3 strains active. I am not going to indulge in repeating another conspiracy theory, but look at some facts. The speculation about the labs in China - if it was true, how does that information get out? Who would benefit from that information being released right now if it were true, and if it was fake who still benefits?

Why aren't more people asking for accountability for the late actions of their own governments who wasted the two months, while apparently having all this information in their hands from their intelligence agencies and analysts?

Yes, China needs to be investigated for the FACTS, and so do many other countries. The fact of the matter is, if there is a war, Trump would benefit the most.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, rxpharm said:

Also don`t you think it is strange that the COVID type A virus strain, which is considered to be the original strain, is not the predominant strain in Asia, but it is the type B strain? The type C strain is common in Europe, and the US happens to have all 3 strains active.

Mutation? Do you disagree covid-19 originates from China?

I guess its easy to call on slow responses from other governments and what not, but the fact still remains, without the existence of the virus,  arguments like this become irrelevant.  Focus on the real problem instead, not which country responded slow or not, if not for the future.

• Like 1

The real problem is the response of countries to future pandemics, which are certain to come - it won't always come from China - they could originate from any country.

I am not saying it did not originate from China, but why don't they have all 3 types of Covid-19 commonly, if it did originate there? The mutations are most likely going to come off the original type A strain. Anyhow, as I said I will not spread another conspiracy theory.

Most experts say there are many more facts to come out about this, and research will continue for years.

When a lot of people start jumping on the bandwagon and blame China for deliberately spreading COVID-19 it reminds me of the Iranian Weapons of Mass Destruction. What needs to happen is a full investigation to determine the facts of what happened both in China and the countries slow to respond. When those FACTS are out, then measures can be developed to avoid or reduce the severity of future problems.

If the facts do show China deliberately started this, then they should face consequences, just as governments slow to react show face the same, especially if they were sitting on all this recently "leaked information" of the labs, which are not yet confirmed to be true.

If the slow acting countries responded like Taiwan, Korea, etc., would the problems would be as bad as they are now? Blaming everything on China conveniently eliminates their responsibilities so they don't have to change, and increases their chances to stay in power.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seven said:

Mutation? Do you disagree covid-19 originates from China?

I guess its easy to call on slow responses from other governments and what not, but the fact still remains, without the existence of the virus,  arguments like this become irrelevant.  Focus on the real problem instead, not which country responded slow or not, if not for the future.

Really well put Seven.

1 hour ago, rxpharm said:

I am not saying it did not originate from China,

Finally we can dispense with the "deflection" and admit the truth  .

• Like 1

Also

Who can trust the WHO .... these guys let traditional Chinese Medicine be recognized a couple years back ????  what ..you guessed it China put the thumbscrews on..

This gave the go ahead for all these stupid concoctions that kill off endangered animals...and so on. .. the madness that prevails !

Perhaps William Henry Gates III  can open his wallet a bit wider and stop moaning..or get Richard Branson to chip in :biggrin: to make up the shortfall due to Trump throwing his dummy out the pram

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rxpharm said:

The real problem is the response of countries to future pandemics

Sorry, I disagree with you. If we didn't have the virus to begin with, this would be a non issue. Right?

2 hours ago, rxpharm said:

What needs to happen is a full investigation to determine the facts of what happened both in China and the countries slow to respond. When those FACTS are out, then measures can be developed to avoid or reduce the severity of future problems.

You bet we need. A good start is to not open the wet markets again, but no, Wuhan opened those stone age shops this weekend.

You defended those with old traditions and hard to take that away from poor people. Neither of those arguments fly, imo.

The damage is already done in unmeasurable scales, but for the future China needs to be held responsible. 

Usually this type of reasons would come from the orange clown, but believe me , in Europe the disdain for China is building up fast.

Some suggest we shouldn't buy one single item manufactured in China anymore, i e hit them where it hurts; money.

• Like 2

The population of the Swedish capital Stockholm could achieve “herd immunity” from coronavirus within weeks, a health chief has claimed.

Dr Anders Tegnell, the man responsible for drawing up the country’s controversial coronavirus strategy, said infection rates in the capital are slowing because people had developed a resistance.

“According to our modellers, we are starting to see so many immune people in the population in Stockholm that it is starting to have an effect on the spread of the infection,” he told local media.

“Our models point to some time in May.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-sweden-stockholm-herd-immunity-144733606.html

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, seven said:

Some suggest we shouldn't buy one single item manufactured in China anymore, i e hit them where it hurts; money.

A trade war is a two way street as the Chinese buy western products.  It's not clear that the West would win a trade war and like most wars would probably damage both sides.  I suppose a trade war might increase wages for the Western working class but raise prices somewhat for the Western consumer.

I'm assuming we're not talking about a real war where NATO troops are landing on the Chinese mainland or the US Air Force is bombing Beijing.

3 hours ago, rxpharm said:

The real problem

The real problem is that we appear to be in the early innings of a pandemic that could kill millions and possibly cause a worldwide depression that could last a decade.    This is true whether or not China acted fairly responsibly, acted irresponsibly, somewhere in between, or malevolently.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

The real problem is that we appear to be in the early innings of a pandemic that could kill millions and possibly cause a worldwide depression that could last a decade.    This is true whether or not China acted fairly responsibly, acted irresponsibly, somewhere in between, or malevolently.   

Exactly. I agree with the first point "a pandemic that could kill millions". Its bad enough already though.

I don't believe we are going into a depression. At least not financial. :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, seven said:

. I agree with the first point "a pandemic that could kill millions". Its bad enough already though.

My bet is 2 million by end 2021 for the official figures.. Africa, India , Indonesia  and so on.... its going to claim a million for sure and the real figure will be much much higher due to the loss of face and the angry mobs that need to be kept down

exactly .. millions of anti body kits they sent to UK were faulty.....

The quality control in many China factories i have worked with is dreadful , and thats being kind. The trouble is they cant see past the current order and always assume that the Walmart or Amazon will dump them for another supplier who is a cent cheaper

Its cost me dearly thats for sure .