Coronavirus

seven

From the article Dukey quoted above by Adam Judd who is in some of Nick's videos.

This effects ALL bars, cinemas, sports venues, karaoke bars,  nightclubs, gogos, beer bars, massage parlors, Gentlemen clubs, etc. This is regardless of the size of the venue or bar. It is NOT an alcohol sales ban which is still available from stores.

It does NOT effect restaurants, malls or shops which may stay open, but must ensure proper hygiene measures and at least one meter between patrons.

The Pattaya News notes this is also NOT a lockdown, people are free to move about as normal, it is merely a proactive closure of places that have mass gatherings and potential close contact of others. The order is meant to increase social distancing between people and prohibit large events and groups of people temporarily.

This historic decision essentially will put one of the world’s biggest party cities to sleep for two weeks and put tens of thousands out of work temporarily in a city that depends on the nightlife industry for over 80 percent of its revenue.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/03/17/pattaya-to-close-all-entertainment-venues-such-as-bars-nightclubs-and-massage-shops-until-the-end-of-the-month/

My teerak's massage shop was not notified of the closure yet but I don't think "massage parlors" refers only to soapies but suspect it also applies to mainstream massage joints.

• Like 1

I know in China they are researching Kaletra as a possible therapy ..and other HIV drugs... maybe some news in three months. It seems like Tamiflu has been tried but the molecules dont slot together ( whatever that means)

something is better than nothing and it is no vaccine but better than a paracetamol ( when its declared ok)

I think panic buying has started on some of these potentials

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The EU border is closed!

Not the smartest decision, but I get it, people are scared.

I don't believe Chinas (nor Koreas) official numbers for a second, which unfortunately very much affects other asian countries, probably most of all Thailand.  I saw the masses of chinese tourists in Patts 2 months ago.

According to media the worst place to be now is in Europe, and I disagree with that too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sustra4 said:

Maybe Korea ( south ) has done a very good job...in 3 points:

1 ) compulsory test to everyone

2 ) $ 1.200 monthly bonus

3 ) an app on the phone telling you of there is a positive around 300 metres

It makes sense to me...science+technology+money

I disagree with all three. We have a different view of how to fight this thing, but the main goal is of course to prevail. Lets hope we do.

• Like 1

My cousin, her husband and kids arrived back today after 5 days in London.  They were told in Dublin airport to self isolate for 14 days when they get home as a precaution.   My uncle arrives back tomorrow for his cut short trip to California, will be interesting to see if he is told the same thing, probably. 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2020 at 1:12 PM, Tomcat said:

OMG wheres Stogie Bear when you need him...

Whatever happened to that dude? Man, he was one hateful and bitter bastard. I’m guessing he prolly killed himself or ran into some really hard times. All that negative energy . . . 

2 minutes ago, strocube said:

Whatever happened to that dude? Man, he was one hateful and bitter bastard. I’m guessing he prolly killed himself or ran into some really hard times. All that negative energy . . . 

He was an alright guy when you got to know him B)

One of our broadcasters, Ciara Kelly has a daily show on Newstalk here in Ireland and her show in on from midday to 2 pm.  She has announced today that she has it now.  She is broadcasting live from her house as I type and said she will talk the nation through it day by day as it develops and eventually goes.  Now the thing is she is a qualified medical doctor, she changed career path a couple of years back to concentrate full time on broadcasting.  She said this morning she has been diligently cleaning her hands for the past few weeks, along with taking other precautions and has not been abroad.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

One of our broadcasters, Ciara Kelly has a daily show on Newstalk here in Ireland and her show in on from midday to 2 pm.  She has announced today that she has it now.  She is broadcasting live from her house as I type and said she will talk the nation through it day by day as it develops and eventually goes.  Now the thing is she is a qualified medical doctor, she changed career path a couple of years back to concentrate full time on broadcasting.  She said this morning she has been diligently cleaning her hands for the past few weeks, along with taking other precautions and has not been abroad.  

Did she say anything about the dust masks most people are talked into buying , that's all they are is a dust mask 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The bar next door to where I live is open but I have a feeling that tonight is the last night.   One ladyboy works there and a good source tells me she is fairly well hung.

Why don't you give her a ST before they close , gawd knows they need it. Give her my best please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stoolpusher said:

Did she say anything about the dust masks most people are talked into buying , that's all they are is a dust mask 

I missed the beginning of the show.  But not many, ie 99 % of the people here are not wearing masks.  The experts have been saying they have limited use unless the person wearing one has the disease, as no doubt we have all heard by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

Here is how she described the signs she had it.

”BROADCASTER and doctor Ciara Kelly is suffering from the coronavirus, she revealed today.

The GP has been in self-isolation since the weekend and was among 69 new cases diagnosed in Ireland yesterday.

“For me, it felt like a bad flu, I had a sore throat, and a tightness and burning in my chest.

“I was a bit short of breath. And I was very tired, a bit dizzy and a bit wobbly when I stood up,” Dr Kelly said.”

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/dr-ciara-kelly-i-have-coronavirus-39054966.html