Coronavirus

seven

1 minute ago, seven said:

you have to vote left if you want to keep it.

The problem is that Labour Party isn't very left. They have introduced changes previously which also undermined the NHS.

Gordon Brown brought in the 'Private Finance Initiative' where new hospitals were built by private companies and leased to the NHS. The costs of leasing are high, maintenance is a problem, the new hospitals have had construction problems, and the leases are usually for 25 years so nobody knows what will happen after then.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

The problem is that Labour Party isn't very left. They have introduced changes previously which also undermined the NHS.

Same here again. There’s no true left anymore. I have hope for this guy though. Mick Lynch. Something so rare these days he’s actually intelligent ( which is the least we should demand from politicians)  and has a passion for what he does.

He’s head and shoulders above the other muppets trying to debate him, very refreshing so see a guy like this. He made that GB news populist Pierce Morgan look like the minion he really is the other day.

The general secretary of the Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers .

https://www.politico.eu/article/mick-lynch-the-union-chief-running-rings-around-britains-politicos/amp/

E5E9F72B-695B-4F8F-9137-6510BA01FA6E.webpBrits might be stuck at home this week, but at least union chief Mick Lynch is giving them top popcorn moments.

• Like 1

Just now, seven said:

Same here again. There’s no true left anymore. I have hope for this guy though. 
https://www.politico.eu/article/mick-lynch-the-union-chief-running-rings-around-britains-politicos/amp/

Unfortunately Mick Lynch says he is not interested in party politics. He is not a Labour (or any party) member. His union the RMT disaffiliated fom the Labour Party in 2004.

59 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

This is a class warfare issue but nowadays people seem far more concerned with the culture war

And there lies the crux of the matter in the US for so many issues - "class."  The US has never really come to terms with the concept (and reality) of class.  Acknowledging class would be some how undemocratic.  Of course, class IS very hard to define.  Elements of wealth, education, occupation, political affiliation and others all play a part, but not the sole defining part.  

Trump did not create the MAGA crowd, but he branded them and gave them a home in American politics; and a dear leader they could identify with and look up to.  "Hey, here's a president just as crass and ignorant as me!  I have been validated!"  Class is very much a key aspect of the culture war now brewing in the US.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, soiboy said:

Trump did not create the MAGA crowd, but he branded them and gave them a home in American politics; and a dear leader they could identify with and look up to.  "Hey, here's a president just as crass

Exactly. This criminal gave them the tools. Now we pay the highest price imaginable all over the world, Norway terror attack against a gay bar last Saturday being the latest deed. He justified hate and intolerance, gave his followers the mandate to release evilness.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, seven said:

Same here again. There’s no true left anymore. I have hope for this guy though. Mick Lynch. Something so rare these days he’s actually intelligent ( which is the least we should demand from politicians)  and has a passion for what he does.

He’s head and shoulders above the other muppets trying to debate him, very refreshing so see a guy like this. He made that GB news populist Pierce Morgan look like the minion he really is the other day.

The general secretary of the Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers .

E5E9F72B-695B-4F8F-9137-6510BA01FA6E.webpBrits might be stuck at home this week, but at least union chief Mick Lynch is giving them top popcorn moments.

Yes, have watched a couple of interviews with him. He sounds a bit of a reasoned debater, unlike some others.( Makes you wonder how he got voted into his position). Pierce , in his interview was getting a bit rattled, although he can get rattled and bombastic if interviewing a five year old over their favorite kids programme.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

He was speaking at a rally outside Euston station on Saturday morning. I didn't know about it or would have tried to be there.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/26/i-dont-want-to-be-an-icon-mick-lynch-on-winning-the-rail-strike-pr-battle

Screenshot 2022-06-29 08.41.59.png

Seen a few off his interviews and question time. This guy talks a lot off sense.  I worked as a track relayer (track renewals) and a plate layer (track maintenance) for 8 years after I left the Army and the working conditions back then as well as health and safety were a joke as were the wages. Good on this guy for standing up for the unions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lone Ranger said:

Seen a few off his interviews and question time. This guy talks a lot off sense.  I worked as a track relayer (track renewals) and a plate layer (track maintenance) for 8 years after I left the Army and the working conditions back then as well as health and safety were a joke as were the wages. Good on this guy for standing up for the unions. 

06F942CD-3D6E-490B-BC2E-349168C79E7A.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Good on this guy for standing up for the unions.

Good man, LR. Unions are essential now more than ever.

Starbucks over here are under scrutiny as they refuse to allow union nor following the law for employees. Another horrible company is Joe the Juice. Don't know if you have those charlatans over there. Slaveowners basically, employees  have zero rights , aren't even allowed to visit the toilet during shift.  Charging €6 for some processed 'juice', people are still buying their shit though unfortunately. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Quietguy said:

F*CK! I've just tested positive for covid-19. I thought I had a bad cold and sore throat, but thought I should test and it's positive. :sad:

Oh noooo! You’re all vaxxed up  triple masks and hardly ever leave the house ?!

How in the hell did this happen??

15 minutes ago, seven said:

How in the hell did this happen??

I can only think it was from unmasked person/s on public transport or supermarket.

I wear mask outside, but not many other people are. Mask only prevents wearer spreading virus, but not receiving it.

Covid cases in uk are rising again.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, seven said:

Hang in there. You’ll be fine, my friend. 

Thanks! I'm not too worried. I've had four jabs so it shouldn't be too serious. It's probably the new BA.4 or BA.5 variant which is supposed to be milder, and not prevented by vaccine.

Just feels like a bad cold with sore throat, and I've been feeling tired.

• Like 1