Coronavirus

seven

4 hours ago, Ashoka said:

the missus is positive.. I'm still negative (for now).

And she has asthma.

Wishing her a quick recovery!   :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Fenton said:

being conservative in nature, personal responsibility is a core value.

Admirable on a personal level and a wise way to live life.

But the hypocritical ruling elite preaches rugged individualism and personal responsibility for the great unwashed while applying a different standard to the bailed out, too big to fail banks whose CEOs are now receiving record bonuses.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Wishing her a quick recovery!   :biggrin:

Wearing N-95 masks in home now, will do for the next 10 days but its going to be a miracle if I don't catch it.. probably already had exposure but thankfully being a medical worker I am vaccinated and boosted. Hope that's enough!

That was 1 of the other reasons I didn't want to meet for coffee with covid going around. But hopefully next time its gone and we don't have to worry about it.

Got a persistent deep cough with flem at the moment but negative on covid.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ashoka said:

Fuck fuck fuck

Fuck Americans not masking on flights and flight attendants.

3 days later.. the missus is positive.. I'm still negative (for now).

And she has asthma.

You guys surely  are vaccinated? I was at tram the other night after a concert ,bus and subway in rush hour before that, that tram was  so packed couldn’t scratch my nose, (think Tokyo subway where they poke people in with a stick to not waste any space)   complete  strangers an inch away from each other faces . If I was a perv I could’ve fondled the person next to me easily, no one could’ve object . No masks in sight.

19 hours ago, Ashoka said:

Got a persistent deep cough with flem at the moment but negative on covid.

Same here.  4 weeks of phlegm/ coughing. Actually everyone in my building too. Some prefers to believe it’s hay fever, some just a cold , I have no idea. I do believe they sell these anti gen tests at supermarkets, but no one cares. Maybe we should, I really don’t know 

• Like 1

Still testing negative on covid but I have the symptoms..

Back pain, muscle aches

chills (actually had to take 3 blankets)

Dry violent cough that makes me gag and want to choke/ vomit sometimes.

Sweating, Dizziness.. 100+ pulse while sitting.

This is not fun!

• Upvote 1

The Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha has personally ordered relevant law enforcement agencies to crack down on venues violating the current legal closing time for alcohol serving entertainment venues, which is midnight.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/12/thai-prime-minister-orders-strict-nationwide-enforcement-of-midnight-closing-times-for-entertainment-venues/

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

The Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha has personally ordered relevant law enforcement agencies to crack down on venues violating the current legal closing time for alcohol serving entertainment venues, which is midnight.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/12/thai-prime-minister-orders-strict-nationwide-enforcement-of-midnight-closing-times-for-entertainment-venues/

That includes bars an go gos, right?

2 hours ago, Ashoka said:

Day 4.. still runny nose, cough, and headache/ dizziness.. really sapped all my strength.

Tried to walk up some stairs.. really stressful. Mostly just staying in bed, using phone mostly.

Hope u get back to 100% soon.

Do you think you caught it at the airport or on the plane?

15 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Hope u get back to 100% soon.

Do you think you caught it at the airport or on the plane?

Likely plane.. American airlines were a lot more relaxed about not masking than qatar airways. I should have thrown a tantrum or rescheduled.

When we got to JFK the border control agent only asked us to remove our mask for the photograph and there was a plastic barrier.

The missus got it before me and is ahead of me by 2 days in symptoms so maybe when she went to the galley to get something from the flight attendants? She said they were unmasked.

• Like 1

Day 6 seems to be better.. still occasional cough and flem but nose not congested for the first time. Energy still lacking.

The missus tested Negative yesterday so tomorrow hopefully I do as well.

Overall I know I'm protected for a few months with the antibodies but I will mask up again later. Prevention is the best cure and I don't want to catch this again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fenton said:

Book your flight if you can get a good price. Its insured with travel insurance or credit card anyway. If its cancelled you can get your money back, eventually

It's not so much the flight. I expect that airlines will be putting on more flights from October. BA says they will be resuming flights then, and I have enough Avios to get a return flight relatively cheaply.

It's more the condo. I have an idea of the condo I want to book, but there is a booking deposit of 9,000 Baht which is non refundable.

I hope so. I did go in Jan/Feb this year and had to deal with all the Thai Visa hassle and 1 day quarantine, so hopefully it wouldn't be any worse than that.

But not really worth going if everything is closed down again.

I probably will take the risk with the condo booking.