Coronavirus

seven

• 2 weeks later...

In a meeting with Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan, founder of the new Thai Sang Thai Party, US Senator Tammy Duckworth stated that she is pushing for more vaccine donations from the US to Thailand, but that Thailand has yet to collect 1 million Pfizer vaccines waiting for them now.

The conversation took place in Washington DC on Wednesday. Duckworth was born in Thailand and has frequently advocated for her home country, including being instrumental in the donation of 2.5 million Pfizer vaccines agreed upon earlier this year.

At the end of July Thailand received 1.5 million Pfizer vaccines from the US with a second delivery of 1 million pending. Duckworth said she planned on advocating for more vaccines to be donated but her hands are tied as Thai officials have not responded to confirm the pending donation.

“All I can tell you is that I’ve been advocating for Thailand to get more vaccines … and Thailand has a million doses waiting to go. But because Thailand has not finished the paperwork … I know I told the ambassador a month ago that it needs to be completed. They said OK, they’re going to work on it.”

The US government has apparently been sitting on the 1 million vaccines awaiting Thailand’s response. Thailand needs to send official documents declaring their intention to accept the vaccine donation from the US, and until those papers are received the Pfizer vaccines from the United States cannot be delivered.

Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul has disputed these claims, saying that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs handles the paperwork protocol and responds to notifications from the US Embassy in Bangkok. Anutin claims that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has not received any documentation from the United States.

They say that it is in fact Thailand that is waiting on the United States to submit paperwork and not, as Senator Duckworth claims, the United States waiting on Thailand to respond with confirmation documents.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/contrary-to-anutin-us-says-delivery-of-vaccines-awaits-thailand

duck.jpeg

Senator Duckworth pictured above is a double amputee as a result of a rocket propelled grenade fired at her Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq.

• Like 2

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/mercks-covid-19-pill-cuts-risk-death-hospitalization-by-50-study-2021-10-01/

Researchers found that the experimental pill molnupiravir cut the chances of hospitalization or death by about 50 percent. A total of 7.3 percent of patients who received the drug were either hospitalized or died through day 29 of the trial compared with 14.1 percent of placebo-treated patients. While eight people who received the placebo died during the trial, there were no deaths at all among those receiving molnupiravir.

For the trial, 385 individuals received the medication within five days of their coronavirus diagnosis, while a separate group of 377 who tested positive received a placebo. At study start, all patients were required to have at least one risk factor associated with poor disease outcome, such as hypertension, diabetes, or obesity.

could be a game changer. Especially for poor countries. Myself I don't believe Thai or ESPECIALLY Cambodian claims of high vaccination. But with pills? (not needing ultra freeze storage I hope), well it's MUCH more possible, especially as they are saying they'll license Indian generic makers. Pfizer stock goin down Merck UP.

• Like 1

If the pills prove out and GET out, this years "high" season being a bust won't matter much I think. If pills work and get out there would be an instant high season, even in July.  It would take that long to even begin to get first line preparations ready. Chief among those is de-mildewing and re-certifying planes and hotels. AND getting STAFF! Word is about 40% have found other jobs. So many would be fresh newbies with little or NO English skills or grasp of customer service. That might not be so bad, the newbs just might be humping to please (pun intended) to keep this new job.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Howard Stern Hits Unvaxxed Aaron Rodgers With Brutal Question About His Toe Injury

The radio host ripped the Green Bay Packers quarterback for lying about his COVID vaccine status.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/howard-stern-aaron-rodgers-covid-19-vaccine_n_619c960fe4b044a1cc0c0f2f

Radio host Howard Stern ripped unvaccinated Aaron Rodgers as a “fuckhead” and taunted the Green Bay Packers quarterback over his treatment for a bad toe on his SiriusXM show on Monday.

“This fucking Aaron Rodgers, he’s a scumbag because he lied,” Stern told a caller talking about unvaccinated NFL players, who can’t play after testing positive for COVID-19.

Rodgers misled fans by saying he was “immunized,” but the lie was revealed when he became infected. He then made a series of wild vaccine claims.

“Forget about the fact that he didn’t take the vaccine, he lied to everybody,” Stern continued in audio shared by Mediaite. “He put people in danger. People have families. He’s a fuckhead and the NFL should be ashamed of themselves.”

“Now I hear he has a toe injury. Let me ask you something: When he had the toe injury, did he go to the doctor or did he go to Joe Rogan?” asked Stern, referencing Rodgers’ admission that he’d sought advice from the podcast host who himself has courted controversial, misleading and selfish opinions on the shots.

“Who fixed his toe?” said Stern. “I bet you he went to a doctor. So he goes to doctors for everything else, but on the vaccine he’s listening to Joe Rogan. What the fuck is going on? We’ve got to put our faith in science.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fenton said:

And just like a Bullet train, a new variant of the "Rona" flights suspended from Suud Afrika, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho and I think Swaziland, but its called something else.  Maybe Wakanda can help out here 555.

Curiously, a few hours earlier I was reading about a concerning sub variant of Delta.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/25/sweden-pm-andersson-resigns-over-budget-crisis-hours-after-appointment.html

Here we go again, you fucking troll.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Fenton said:

So what about the other 9 letters designated to strains before Omnicron?

It really is like playing Russian Roulette regarding the different strains that are inevetable in any Virus, in our case for wanting to travel it's like we have to hope for a new strain free window while we travel out and back to Thailand as we now know that at any time period within our trip a new strain pops up and we are then in all sorts of bother, ie quarantine on return etc etc.

• Like 2

seems a LOT of people WANT to live in a hysterical state.  Constantly viewing "information" and keeping on top of any and all developments will do NOTHING but twist their brains in a knot.  It won't keep them safe or tell them how to avoid an airborne virus.  All I want to hear is death rates and hospital populations.  NEW CASES is bullshit. You want low new cases? STOP TESTING. BINGO!!!! we have NO new cases.   OMG! we have 500 more cases this week than last week (never mind that those 500 more were as nothing in last years peak). Media is just jerking people around because if more people are watching ad revenues go UP.   Keep em dialed in, watching and worried so they'll see every ad we show :)))

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news and bad news for a tourist:

A farang tourist who arrived last Friday in Bangkok left his hotel without waiting for the COVID test result, which came back positive; he traveled to Pattaya and Koh Samui before turning himself in. 

Mr. B. left the hotel in Bangkok without waiting for the result, which confirmed that he was positive for COVID-19.

He traveled by taxi to Pattaya, where CCTV footage showed him trying to check in at a hotel but being rejected because he refused to show his passport. On Saturday, he called the Bangkok hotel and said he was visiting a friend at a hospital and would return later that day, which didn’t happen.

He then reportedly turned off his phone on Saturday night and traveled back to Bangkok and then to the island of Koh Samu

On Koh Samui, he took three tests and they all came back negative...

samui269609908_10226637143493398_7555903

On Thursday 23 December, he was sent to Thong Lor police station in Bangkok. There, he will be formally charged. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2236827/israeli-man-cleared-sent-to-bangkok-for-legal-action

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-faces-thailand-jail-time-after-leaving-quarantine-evading-police-for-5-days/

Why did he leave the hotel in Bangkok in the first place? At this time he didn't know he would test positive...siyZ366iKF7PoyVVxkEU.webp

??

• Like 1