Coronavirus

seven

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Mask wearers in Sweden say they face abuse. Let's hope that Thais who move there don't experience that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-coronavirus-face-mask-wearers-describe-suspicion-abuse-2021-6?r=US&IR=T

'You should lock yourself at home if you are so scared of corona,' 

During the first wave and second wave, it didn't seem necessary to take extreme caution.   But Thailand's Third Wave is different. 

So I have drastically cut down on unnecessary socializing and keep to myself for the most part.

The good news is right now it is fairly safe in Pattaya and the restrictions are not too onerous.  But the outbreaks in factories, migrant camps, and densely populated slum areas will eventually work their way down to Pattaya. 

So a few more months of prudence before waiting for my jab is what I'm doing.

• Like 1

Mask wearers in Sweden say they face abuse. Let's hope that Thais who move there don't experience that.

Never heard of this, nor seen it. Is this a scientific survey or just this one Portuguese lady? 

I have however read about and watched YouTube videos where mask wearers harass non wearers and stopped them coming  in to shops and other establishments. Is that true?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A very concerning report from the WION Youtube channel from Gravitas - the sad statistics of the Sinovac Covid 19 vaccine. I suppose one could say what goes around comes around. The sad result of this are the countries that relied a great deal on Sinovac for reducing COVID 19 and finding it failed - including China itself. This explains why they developed an mRNA vaccine as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rxpharm said:

A very concerning report from the WION Youtube channel from Gravitas - the sad statistics of the Sinovac Covid 19 vaccine.

Very sad indeed. Whats no less sad is that a large part of the thai population is left with no choice but the china vaccine as to as expected the thai health administration fucked up the vaccination rollout, with other better brands absent.

Numeral other less wealthy countries also bought it in hope to save their people.

QG, rxpharm beware! Do not plan any holiday here as facemasks are not comme il faut here. Never was.

Sweden, noted for its lax COVID-19 response, never mandated face masks. Now it's dropping its vague recommendation to wear one at all.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-noted-lax-covid-19-160007235.html

• Sweden never mandated that people wear masks during the pandemic, unlike many other places.

• It only recommended people wear them at certain times on public transport.

• It's now dropping that recommendation.

• Sweden broke with most of the rest of the world and never mandated that people wear masks during the coronavirus pandemic. Now its even dropping its lose recommendation to use them.

Sweden's Public Health Agency said that its recommendation people wear face masks on rush hour on public transport ends on Thursday.

4d5f145bfdb527fcfadcded34f15ab22.jpeg

Americans welcome!

https://news.yahoo.com/sweden-set-welcome-back-american-183659245.html

Sweden is getting ready to welcome back American tourists.

The country, which first established a ban on non-essential travel from countries outside the European Union and European Economic Area in March, is planning to open its borders to U.S. tourists starting June 30, according to an online post from Sweden’s Ministry of Justice. 

Both vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers 18 and older will be required to present proof of a negative COVID test taken 48 hours prior to arrival.

df3ed45e747545db17c4682a89edf2a3.jpeg

Englanders are yet not welcome though.

Where do you hide a key so that a Pommie ( Englishman ) can't find it ?  Under the soap.

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

Brits who were given the Astro Zeneca vaccine produced in India

This made me check my batch number on the vaccine I was given and thankfully they are not in the banned batch.  :drinks:

• Like 1

Brits who were given the Astro Zeneca vaccine produced in India will not be allowed into any EU country.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/european-holidays-risk-five-million-24442642

2 hours ago, BigTel said:

This made me check my batch number on the vaccine I was given and thankfully they are not in the banned batch.  :drinks:

Oops, not so lucky for me :crazy:

IMG_20210702_092612.jpg

IMG_20210702_093034.jpg

But who knows? :unsure:

IMG_20210702_113104.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Quietguy said:

But UK citizens might not be welcome in many countries for now as we have more new covid cases than the whole of the EU.

I don't get it, QG. You were best in class recently, no? Wore masks and locked every one up for 6 months? Not to mention the great vaccine success.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/brits-could-be-banned-from-joining-thailands-sandbox-program-362223

Brits could be banned from joining Thailand’s Sandbox program

8 hours ago, seven said:

I don't get it, QG. You were best in class recently, no? Wore masks and locked every one up for 6 months? Not to mention the great vaccine success.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/brits-could-be-banned-from-joining-thailands-sandbox-program-362223

Brits could be banned from joining Thailand’s Sandbox program

We could have been in an even worse situation without the preventative measures.