Coronavirus

seven

I was shaking and shivering this morning. Could hardly stand up. I thought I might have the virus, but I had the vaccine three weeks ago. I was going to ring my doctor for advice. But my temperature was normal and I didn't have loss of smell or taste, usually symptoms of covid 19. I was going to ring my doctor, but then I realised it was probably alcohol poisoning from the eight brandies I drank last night.

I used to be able to drink that amount without too much ill effects the next day. I guess it's due to getting old. I'll have to be more careful in future. Feeling better now.

• Like 2

Well maybe it wasn't alcohol poisoning but flu or an infection. I take my blood sugar readings every morning. A normal reading is 4-7. Mine are generally around 6.8, but on Friday it was 9.4,  Saturday 8.7, and today 8.4. So going down and I'm feeling better now. But I think I'll still lay off the booze until Easter.

• Like 1

A year on now and reading back on what was posted then is rather mind blowing. Who would've thought. We were obviously all guessing and its safe to say year 2020 has changed life as we knew it, whether we like to admit it or not.

Once again, Thank you China. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, seven said:

A year on now and reading back on what was posted then is rather mind blowing. Who would've thought. We were obviously all guessing and its safe to say year 2020 has changed life as we knew it, whether we like to admit it or not.

Once again, Thank you China. 

Yes, Thank you China.

Thank you China for the worst disaster in human history.

Not a single human isolated from the negative impact, from the field crop worker in the fields of Ecuador (dying in the streets) to Prince Charles (who got it),

deaths,

reduction of health for those who 'revover'

and the mental health, spiritual health, emotional health impact not to mention the physical health impact faced by people around the world thru social distancing.

Did I mention the millions of businesses that won't make it, or the hundreds of millions globally that lost their jobs, or the trillions of dollars of economic damage?

Unprecedented.  Worst Episode Ever.

And we have the WHO saying the virus coming from a lab in Wuhan extremely unlikely, while they do see the possibility that it came from Frozen food from global sources (utter bullshit that the CCP has been peddling)..... so thank you China for corrupting global political bodies to have zero credibility too.

At least Russia confessed to Chernobyl and Iran confessed to bringing down that passenger plane in 2019..... but China has set a new global standard for lying too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LbDabbler said:

"Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus."

You left out this not so insignificant part of the article you posted.

Although the evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 is not a purposefully manipulated virus, it is currently impossible to prove or disprove the other theories of its origin described here.

• Like 2

Exactly. The conclusion is based on all available evidence. That's not a gotcha. That's just how science works. I should note I worked in China and have no fond memories of the experience. There is evidence covid was active in Italy in September 2019. The first confirmed cases in China were in December of that year, although there is evidence it emerged in October. Fun fact: The first recorded case of the "Spanish Flu" was in Kansas.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LbDabbler said:

Exactly. The conclusion is based on all available evidence. That's not a gotcha.

Exactly indeed. Its not a clearance either is it. Would you rather base the conclusion on unavailable evidence?

To deny covid didn't originate from China is borderline retarded.

Don't really care if they cooked it up in a lab or they shoved up half eaten bats in their ass, it came from China.

They put the world in a deadly spin and we don't know yet if we can recover, but to some the damage is already done. 

Fuckin Sub-humans. They have to be held accountable.

• Like 2

You won't have a better life blaming China again and again for the Covid-19 pandemic. It exploded first in China, but studies showed that virus was already in Europe in November 2019 and not only in Italy as Lbdabbler said. Scientists on duty have also analyzed the Covid-19 DNA. They rendered a definitive diagnosis. Covid-19 was not made in a lab. It's a 100 % natural virus. 

You can't expect China to be ordered to compensate the damage caused by the pandemic. It's against international laws, and we have no evidence that China is responsible for what happened even though they might have taken care to destroy evidences. Did Western countries have to pay for damages caused during the opium war ? 

It's impossible  to accuse China of bad faith without being bad faith ourselves. China didn't to admit the truth, but they didn't want to admit that this pneumonia was threatening their own citizens first. They supplied poor information, but every one knows they needed to hide the level of casualties in Wuhan and other provinces, and they used the pandemic as a propaganda opportunity to show the world they had been able to stop it. At the Western side, governments and citizens are as guilty as Chinese authorities. Too many Western governments have done nothing or built strategies based on collective self immunity to be protected. Governments also arrogantly proclaimed they had  efficient  health  systems implying that the Chinese didn't. It was so easy to build strategies consisting in doing nothing and proclaim the invincibility of the white race (they didn't say it this way). Governments had to reckon soon that health systems were about to collapse when too many sick people had to go to the emergency rooms. Western governments preferred to follow propaganda strategies, denying the pandemic or trying to underestimate casualties one way or another. 

Citizens were not only the brave victims. Many citizens  preferred to remain in denial of the reality of the pandemic and followed new alternative facts theories rather than accept the truth. Many young or middle-aged people didn't respect social distanciations from the end of the summer 2020 knowing very well that they could endanger older people's life if not theirs helping the virus circulation. Selbstsucht (selfishness)  über alles ! Media refused to use the correlation between the outside air temperature and the virus circulation found in early 2020 and to warn people that the pandemic would start over in a second wave when temperatures would go down again. People are ready to sacrifice a few lives as long as this is not in their family just to keep their comfort, go on having holidays, making more money or having fun with friends. 

Last year, I had been flamed in another forum as I had forecasted I wouldn't be in a situation to travel in November (2020) since everything would be over in June, not that evidences proved the pandemic would be over, but it had to be so since they needed the pandemic to stop, either to be re-elected or more simply to stop having to take care of other people. I just wonder what such people would have done during WWII. 

Last but not least, so many posts are being added in ladyboys forums to argue on the pandemic. The only interest would consist in being informed of evolutions or of events in the ladyboys business either in Thailand or other places in southeast Asia. It's no use to predict what we feel like and won't happen. It would be better to keep on looking for ladyboys opportunities. This is  what remaining positive means. 

• Like 2

Oh well. Masks still not mandatory but recommended though.

https://news.yahoo.com/sweden-readies-measures-covid-19-150344280.html

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden is preparing new measures to try to curb a resurgence in COVID-19 cases as the coronavirus strain first detected in Britain spreads rapidly, the architect of Sweden's pandemic strategy said on Tuesday.

Sweden has avoided lockdowns throughout the pandemic. But health statistics agency figures on Tuesday showed 10,933 new coronavirus cases had been registered since Friday, a rise from 9,458 in the corresponding period the previous week.

"The British variant is increasing very fast," Chief Epidemiologist Anders Tegnell told a news conference. "This variant will with fairly high probability be the dominant one within a few weeks or a month."

"We have a package (of national measures) being readied that will be presented tomorrow," he said, giving no details.

The British coronavirus variant is thought by scientists to be a more infectious strain. Cases of the South African and Brazilian strains have also been detected but are not spreading quickly, Tegnell said.

Concerns about a possible third wave of the pandemic have been growing in Sweden in recent weeks as the number of new infections rose and the new variants spread.

610535486fb5073bd86fdc012f0353fc.jpg

Our man is looking a bit worn down.

89d210848bfae2c1690c0bb1099a1b34.jpg

Nope. "Third wave" is here alright.  In one week new cases doubled in Stockholm. Younger persons transmitters. Still under control. ICU units vacant, people aren't getting as sick.

Today I wore a facemask for the very first time as I had a doctors appointment. Very uncomfortable. I don't know how you people manage wearing those all the time. They don't even help, its just for show.

Also, hate to tell you the latest. The vaccines will most likely not stop the pandemic. It will help for sure, but not stop it. So to think you can board a plane to Thailand with a vaccine passport and no restrictions arriving this year is wishful thinking. All according to our health department and authorities , but I know you Englanders have a different view.

6 hours ago, seven said:

Nope. "Third wave" is here alright.  In one week new cases doubled in Stockholm. Younger persons transmitters. Still under control. ICU units vacant, people aren't getting as sick.

Today I wore a facemask for the very first time as I had a doctors appointment. Very uncomfortable. I don't know how you people manage wearing those all the time. They don't even help, its just for show.

Also, hate to tell you the latest. The vaccines will most likely not stop the pandemic. It will help for sure, but not stop it. So to think you can board a plane to Thailand with a vaccine passport and no restrictions arriving this year is wishful thinking. All according to our health department and authorities , but I know you Englanders have a different view.

Seven, I have stayed out of this debate re covid for some time, but I think this latest posting of yours sums up your's and a lot of other peoples attitude to the virus.

Your second paragraph is probably a good example.

My Danish doctor friend could not understand Swedens approach to covid and always thought it would backfire. I think it proved to be the case?.

There seems to be only a few countries in the world that have what could be classed as a successful approach to the virus, ie. New Zealand, Australia,Taiwan etc. The common theme there is that they are islands, but they also have strict controls on people coming in. The exception to that theme is the UK. God knows what has happened there. That at the moment is where the few cases are appearing. Returning travellers etc. Even though they are in lockdown it is sometimes hard to control those people.

With the vaccine being given in a lot of countries, the infection rate appears to be dropping rapidly. We can only hope that this continues. In Australia we have been promised it will be soon, but coming from the mouths of politicians, who knows?.

How long before we can travel is anyones guess. I must admit I am becoming less hopeful that it will be this year. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Woodie,  I really don't want to debate countries strategies in this thread anymore. 

I believe in our way and wouldn't have changed anything. Believe if you want, we're not as bad off as many suggest, such as your doctor friend.   

I agree with you, I don't think Thailand will let any of us in this year w/o their imposed restrictions, sadly. 

Vaccines wont be enough, we have to wait till this virus fades away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my first Pfizer shot last week, second one in 3 weeks.  Pandemic life still sucks, but I can tell I feel at least a little bit less stressed about things now - like dying while drugged and slabbed out on a hospital bed and on a ventilator!

I'm a Baby Boomer!  We rule!  Just like the vid says!

https://slate.com/culture/2021/03/snl-baby-boomers-got-the-vax-coronavirus-vaccine.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1