Coronavirus

seven

36 minutes ago, seven said:

Ok. This is pointless. I have my opinions, you have yours. Happy new year!!

Funny thing is we must have come to the same decision almost at the same time,  I stopped yesterday as I feel the same as you Seven

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

I had a covid 19 test this morning. Just got text result - I am negative. :biggrin:

That's great! 

I had a similar test result about a week ago.

Tomorrow? Who knows? The thing is off and running in my area now. It reminds me of that Space Invaders game. You nail heaps of the little fuckers but they keep on coming. How do you switch this one off forever?

:sad:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bubba said:

Tomorrow? Who knows?

True. The test only shows if you are infected at that moment. I do have to have another test in 3 days to confirm. But at least it shows I am not positive but asymptomatic, possibly spreading the virus unknowingly.

We have had a record number of new cases reported in UK today, over 53,000. It is likely there will be another full lockdown here soon. 

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 17.42.27.png

• Like 1

I had to have another Covid-19 Test today as 5 more Manchester City players/staff tested 'Positive' so their EPL game away at Everton last night was postponed 4 hours before Kick Off. :crazy:

I have had more Covid-19 Tests than I have had 'Hot Dinners' since the EPL season restarted in September, thankfully all have come back 'Negative' B)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Good luck with your oncoming tests, lads.

My sad opinion on this pandemic is that it is going to keep on keeping on. How long is a piece of string? Who knows, but he's on first base and impossible to get hold of (oops! Ending a sentence with a preposition? My bad!).

B)

3 minutes ago, bubba said:

Good luck with your oncoming tests, lads.

These tests are basically pointless, imo. Like you said, the minute you step out from clinic with a negative test, you can catch the bug. 

I agree with you. This is something we have to live with, like the flu,  but hopefully in a manageable way with vaccine, antibodies, vitamin D etc.

Remember, Donnie fought it off in a few days.

Once again, thank you Chy-na.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quinn said:

-Service venues closed, including bars, nightclubs, karaokes, massage parlors, etc

–Restaurants take away only. No dine in service.

-Malls, retail, etc closed except for supermarkets, drug stores, banks, hardware and construction stores, mobile phone shops and electronics. All non essential closed, like clothes, etc. Supermarkets may sell only essential items (food).

-All educational places closed, nurseries, child care centers, schools, learning centers, vocational schools, private tutors, etc.

-Leisure locations, like bowling, movie theaters, water parks, tourist attractions, etc. closed

-24 hour convenience stores must be closed from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM. There is NOT a total curfew in regards of one not being able to leave their home, however people are asked to stay in.

-Restaurants in hotels can stay open, however can only serve hotel guests.

-Public swimming pools closed (As for condos, it will depend on if your condo juristic division considers the pool public.)

-Amulet stores, religious artifact stores, temple stores closed

-Pool, snooker, etc. closed

-Gyms, fitness closed and similar establishments

–Internet and game cafes closed

-Close massage shop, spas, beauty clinics. (It did not specifically say hair salon/barber shop, waiting for more information on this)

-Public parks, exercise areas, playgrounds and any place where people gather closed. (The order did not specifically mention golf courses or fishing parks. However, it does say all other sport or places where people gather and is likely included.)

-No parties or gatherings at all, even at private residences. They did not specifically say what number of people is considered a gathering.

-Beaches were not specifically covered in the order. However, as the previous section on parks said any place where people may gather is closed it is likely they will be affected. We are waiting for confirmation on this.

The order is until further notice with no expiration date. There is not an alcohol sales ban. There is not a curfew or stay indoors order, although people are encouraged to stay at home.

I also had test today so waiting to see what is what - to be honest worried I am too old, diabetic and heart so we will see.

But in Pattaya a closure is sure to finish a number of bars that are only just hanging on.

The girls/LBs are going to suffer badly, unless they work for some one like Sweethearts who will support them for a month, many I am sure will return home if they can. Those who cannot for various reasons are going to struggle.

What a start to 2021

Happy New Year from lockdowned Wales

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Annat said:

I also had test today so waiting to see what is what - to be honest worried I am too old, diabetic and heart so we will see.

But in Pattaya a closure is sure to finish a number of bars that are only just hanging on.

The girls/LBs are going to suffer badly, unless they work for some one like Sweethearts who will support them for a month, many I am sure will return home if they can. Those who cannot for various reasons are going to struggle.

What a start to 2021

Happy New Year from lockdowned Wales

A Test, wish I was that lucky :biggrin:

I had a Covid-19 test on Weds 23rd (tested Negative) for a Man City game that was played on Boxing Day, low and behold a few of their players have tested 'Positive' over the Xmas period which lead to their game v Everton being postponed on the 28th, so I had to go back to get another Test on Tues (29th) which also has come back 'Negative', I find out today that they want me to go again tomorrow (Thurs) for which I will now have to use British Rail (no choice as the family car is being used for my Mums appointment at the Quacks ) even though we go into Tier 4 at midnight tonight, then if that isn't bad enough I have to go back on Saturday for another Test , it's all fun and games :crazy:

But seriously , hope all goes well for you Annat, and take care :good:

• Like 2

Bit of a shambles over here, seems like the Government here decide now it's a good idea to mix and match the vaccines .

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/01/health/coronavirus-vaccines-britain.html

Amid a sputtering vaccine rollout and fears of a new and potentially more transmissible variant of the coronavirus, Britain has quietly updated its vaccination playbook to allow for a mix-and-match vaccine regimen. If a second dose of the vaccine a patient originally received isn’t available, or if the manufacturer of the first shot isn’t known, another vaccine may be substituted, health officials said.

The new guidance contradicts guidelines in the United States, where the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has noted that the authorized Covid-19 vaccines “are not interchangeable,” and that “the safety and efficacy of a mixed-product series have not been evaluated. Both doses of the series should be completed with the same product.”

• Like 1

Vietnam reports first case of new coronavirus variant in woman returning from Britain

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vietnam-reports-first-case-coronavirus-052521654.html

Vietnam has detected its first imported case of the new coronavirus variant that is spreading rapidly around Britain, the health ministry said on Saturday.

The variant was detected in a 44-year-old woman returning to Vietnam from Britain, who was quarantined upon arrival and was confirmed positive for the virus on Dec 24, the ministry said in a statement.

"Researchers ran gene-sequencing on the patient's sample and found the strain is a variant known as 'VOC 202012/01'", it said.

The variant includes a genetic mutation that, in theory, could result in the virus spreading more easily between people.

0a564bf0642264d2fb1e387aa32cfaa1.jpg

Feared post-Christmas coronavirus surge appears to begin in L.A. County as cases top 800,000

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feared-post-christmas-coronavirus-surge-171737329.html

The dreaded post-Christmas spike in coronavirus cases appears to be materializing in Los Angeles County, with a new rise in cases as hospitals are already in crisis from the Thanksgiving surge.

The county reported 19,063 cases on New Year's Day, its third-highest single-day total, and 16,603 on Saturday, its fifth-highest total, according to an independent Times tally of local health jurisdictions. That means that over the last three days, an average of more than 16,000 new cases a day have been reported in the county — one of the highest such tallies on record.

Saturday's tally pushed the county's cumulative number of cases past 800,000. In a sign of how rapidly the coronavirus is spreading, more than 400,000 of those infections were reported since Dec. 1.

"This is the fastest acceleration of new cases than at any other time during the pandemic," the L.A. County Department of Public Health said.

18b0f1e087fdac4d00ba32ca9c200a72.jpg

15 minutes ago, seven said:

Feared post-Christmas coronavirus surge appears to begin in L.A. County as cases top 800,000

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feared-post-christmas-coronavirus-surge-171737329.html

The dreaded post-Christmas spike in coronavirus cases appears to be materializing in Los Angeles County, with a new rise in cases as hospitals are already in crisis from the Thanksgiving surge.

The county reported 19,063 cases on New Year's Day, its third-highest single-day total, and 16,603 on Saturday, its fifth-highest total, according to an independent Times tally of local health jurisdictions. That means that over the last three days, an average of more than 16,000 new cases a day have been reported in the county — one of the highest such tallies on record.

Saturday's tally pushed the county's cumulative number of cases past 800,000. In a sign of how rapidly the coronavirus is spreading, more than 400,000 of those infections were reported since Dec. 1.

"This is the fastest acceleration of new cases than at any other time during the pandemic," the L.A. County Department of Public Health said.

18b0f1e087fdac4d00ba32ca9c200a72.jpg

This was a double whammy...... Thanksgiving.... which then networked effected into Christmas.

Its totally out of control in LA and just about every other place here.