Coronavirus

seven

11 hours ago, Quietguy said:

As bbg mentioned Sweden in another thread I had a look at their current new Covid cases, which continue to rise.

Yes QG. We are truly in deep shit now. Theres no denying that. I don't believe we could've handled it in any better way though. The lockdown strategy has proven equally bad, if not even more so. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Not true, QG. Sorry to burst your bubble.  The political opposition ( conservatives) like to think so, but the governments and peoples, me included, support of him is still solid. I hate to think about how bad the rightwing with support of the neo nazi party ( think Trump and Boris) would have screwed things up.

• Like 1

There will be a new lockdown in Wales from 28 December too, and Scottish Government is also considering another lockdown after Xmas.

I expect England is likely to impose a new lockdown too after Boxing Day or in the New Year as cases are rising steeply. Might put paid to my Cuba trip in the New Year. :sad:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/18/2020 at 8:27 AM, Quietguy said:

I expect England is likely to impose a new lockdown too after Boxing day or the New Year as cases are rising steeply. Might put paid to my Cuba trip in the New Year. :sad:

I am due to fly out to Lanzarote on January 19th, I'm not banking on it :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

uncertain whether I can travel

Doesn't look too good, does it. I wouldn't travel if I were you right now. 

Its now recommended  to wear facemask on public transportation here. Bars close 8 pm and restaurants can hold max 4 persons. They might as well pack it in for now.

People here couldn't handle the freedom/guidelines.  Malls and bars have been packed over the last weeks. Healthcare is struggling.

Talked to a ladyman in Buriram earlier today and she said "fucking covid come here now because of Myanmar assholes". 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Still I should get a refund if travel ban continues into New Year. 

No poblem for me as Jet2 will give me a full refund from the Lanzarote Holiday Package B)

I had a Flight cancellation from BA a couple of days ago going to Bodrum (Turkey) , think is more to do with BA cutting down on Flight Routes more than anything and I shall be getting a 'full refund' from them :good:

I had a Flight booked with Pegasus on the return Flight but I have now cancelled that, as I had booked a 'Business Flex' fare with them I will also receive a 'full refund' from them bar £11, no complaints from me there. :biggrin:

IMG_20201219_183739.jpg

All you can eat shrimps, anyone? The sooner we stop eating animals the better.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thousands-line-tests-amid-thailand-101258114.html

SAMUT SAKHON, Thailand (AP) — Thousands of people lined up for coronavirus tests in a province near Bangkok on Sunday, as Thai authorities scrambled to contain an outbreak of the virus that has infected nearly 700 people.

Nearby, razor wire and police guards blocked access to the Klang Koong, or Central Shrimp, seafood market — one of Thailand's largest — and its associated housing, the epicenter of the new cluster.

b1818148fd2b350bd6cd2faadb3c7377.jpg

58c9efc0b5d66a740e042d492358da7a.jpg

3416e3476a1daae41bbb1a9cac569292.jpg

On 12/19/2020 at 6:57 PM, Quietguy said:

UK Government scientific advisers are saying increased measures are necessary as there is a new strain of the virus which is 70% more transmissable.

Despite a couple of setbacks this Pandemic hasn't affected me too much, in fact quite the opposite B)

15 minutes ago, Annat said:

the government says it is the fault of foreign workers

Of course they do. Before it was us dirty whiteys. As for handling a pandemic, unfortunately given their history of efficiency and logic thinking 

I'd say they will fuck up royally. Their intellect is like  12-year olds.

Hopefully it wont  happen though. I was in Patts this time last year and as you know the place was packed with chinese, but nothing really happened.

I have no idea how, but seems like thais are somewhat immune.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/19/2020 at 6:21 PM, seven said:

Doesn't look too good, does it. I wouldn't travel if I were you right now. 

I just got an email from travel company, apparently they think holiday is still on.

Current 'Tier 4' restrictions (no foreign travel, or any travel outside my region) is due to be reviewed on 30 December. Our Government's Health Minister said yesterday that restrictions might be in place for another 3-4 months so I doubt that I will be able to go. I'll have to wait until 30th to find out for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Current 'Tier 4' restrictions (no foreign travel, or any travel outside my region) is due to be reviewed on 31 December.

Norway and Denmark have banned all incoming flights from the UK. Brits are still welcome here, but just closed the border to Denmark.