Coronavirus

seven

no .. not now.... still time though for things to improve....i think its called Pavlovian optimism:sorry:

The issue is i have a stop over in Hong Kong so im not sure about transit through there either

Anyway .. should the Thais open up i will the there .. be sure of that

Even if i have to build one of these

0000238274.jpg

:sorry: your probably right ... i think the vaccine will have to come in reality... anyway i booked a flight 6 months ago for xmas... maybe a small chance

i think long stayers can go from October with strict rules..STV program.... 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/18277/government-to-allow-extended-stays-for-tourists-starting-in-october/

Went to one of the two IKEAs in my city today. Huge place. Packed. Not a face mask in sight on employees or shoppers.  At the entrance there was an employee informing us that only 800 people were allowed in at the same time, I'd say it was a lot more than that, speakers inside pledged us to keep 2 meters distance to others, use common sense and be considerate while shopping. 

I hate shopping with a passion but I went with a buddy and were in and out in less than 1 hour. We had checked the website and knew what we wanted. No pombem.

I have no idea what kind of paper The Sun is.

How ice cool scientist saved Sweden from coronavirus WITHOUT lockdown – and now he’s a national hero

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12710684/anders-tegnell-scientist-sweden-coronavirus-without-lockdown-national-hero/

As Sweden’s death count spiralled last spring at one of the highest global rates, this once faceless scientist was accused of creating a “pariah state”.

Yet when I met Tegnell, 64, in the capital Stockholm he was being lauded as if he was the fifth member of Abba.

T-shirts proclaiming — in the style of the Carlsberg adverts — “Tegnell, probably the best state epidemiologist in the world” are best-sellers.

For it appears his decision not to lock down may have paid off.

On Tuesday, while Britain and other European countries were seeing uplifts in cases, he announced that Sweden had its lowest number of new cases since March.

In the dark days of April, Covid deaths in a single day peaked at 115. Now, some days, that figure is zero.

And while Britain’s economy shrank by 20 per cent in the first three months of lockdown, Sweden’s reduced by only nine.

Gatherings of more than 50 were banned but Swedish schools for under-16s, restaurants, bars, gyms and hairdressers all stayed open. Tegnell said shutting borders was “ridiculous” and that there is “very little evidence” masks are effective.

So what is life like in Lockdown-free Land?

On the airport shuttle I rummage for a face covering but the unmasked guard says I needn’t bother. A poll found just six per cent of Swedes wear them.

Then, on one rush-hour Metro platform I see just one passenger in a mask.

Molly Robinson, 26, originally from Saltburn-by-the-Sea, North Yorks, says: “Wearing a mask is your choice.”

Later, at a restaurant, I am shown to a socially distanced table by an unmasked, unvisored waitress. There is no direction arrow, no sanitiser station.

In pubs, joy of joys, you can sit at the bar and order a beer, as long as you remain socially distanced.

The restaurant manager at Nya Car- negiebryggeriet brew- ery pub, David Manly, 38, says: “We feel like we’re living in a different world to other countries. We’re incredibly grateful.”

At the Headzone salon, hairdresser Fay Botsi, 23, says: “We don’t want to wear masks or visors. We keep our distance and use disinfectant.”

Sporting one of the Tegnell T-shirts, student Isabell Håkansson, 26, says: “I’m happy everything is open and we’re not locked down.”

Junior doctor Sebastian Rushworth, 37, tells me he hasn’t seen a Covid patient on his emergency ward in two months.

And the country is well prepared. At the start of the pandemic it had 526 available intensive care beds, and within weeks that number had doubled.

Dr Rushworth, who works at a hospital in the capital’s northern suburbs, believes the reason for Sweden’s resilience is it has built up herd immunity.

“There’s no other reasonable explanation,” he adds. Sweden’s government has largely allowed non-elected bureaucrat Tegnell to lead its pandemic response.

But for all the success, there have been concerns, notably its care home crisis.

Until mid-May, half of Sweden’s deaths were in care homes, a situation Tegnell says has now been rectified.

Tegnell’s most vocal critics are the right-wing Sweden Democrats party, who described the care home deaths as a “massacre”.

For many of his countrymen, Tegnell is a cult hero.

So what’s it like, I ask him, being as famous internationally as Abba?

“I try not to think about it too much,” he says modestly. “I realise it’s going to pass very quickly.”

Sweden’s short summer is over and city dwellers are returning from their holiday cabins to their jobs and schools.

There may be more Covid spikes. Just don’t expect a lockdown U-turn from iceman Tegnell.

NINTCHDBPICT000608863726.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000608868028.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000608857191.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The two hotels in the video seem fairly priced considering you get 3 meals a day.   If I needed to quarantine, I think I would choose one of these two hotels as you can see what you are getting.  Although the rooms are small. they seem nice enough.    

Yes Pdoggg that's what I was thinking when I was watching the videos, I would pick the first hotel He listed as my preferred choice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigTel said:

I like the way this Guy doing these blogs is right to the facts and not wasting time.

Yes, and thanks for posting. This partly why I don't watch these long vlogs as they spend 30 mins explaining a detail none other than themselves are interested in. I still wont do quarantine, though 7 days quarantine was suggested I read somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if the finally ditch the quarantine end of this year or early next year, but  high season is still fuct as most already booked their trips elsewhere. Too many uncertainties for holidaymakers.

1 000 000 casualties worldwide reported today.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, seven said:

I still wont do quarantine

Here's a interview that tells exactly what the experience is like from someone who only recently went through it,  you then realize that it's the cost involved even if you managed to get a economy ticket on a flight it is still well over what I would be willing to spend . I have set the video to play from when the interview is taking place at the 34.39 minute mark. It's worth a listen to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BigTel said:

I have set the video to play from when the interview is taking place at the 34.39 minute mark. It's worth a listen to.

After the the interview you can see the Delirious girls in the background.  Interesting to hear first hand from a guy who went through a quarantine.  

22 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Interesting to hear first hand from a guy who went through a quarantine.  

Yes Pdoggg, far better then any rules and regs that we are reading about, this gets right to it as it really is,  one thing I really liked is the professional approach coming from the Thailand end as apposed to the shambolic approach coming from the UK .

• Like 1

still, I can't imagine this will do much for the economy, a trickle of higher end arrivals.   Really they should have lower priced venues as well, AND an option to have street food or food court food.  Can't swim? ain't that water got "bleach" in it? geez.  What he paid to get in would be my usual total cost for about 3 months.  Be better if they fit ya with a monitoring anklet and set it to the house you stay at.  Much rather do my 15 days in Udon with the gf and her cooking.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BigTel said:

Here's a interview that tells exactly what the experience is like from someone who only recently went through it,  you then realize that it's the cost involved even if you managed to get a economy ticket on a flight it is still well over what I would be willing to spend . I have set the video to play from when the interview is taking place at the 34.39 minute mark. It's worth a listen to.

Where is this place called Patire?.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woodie said:

Yes, but the guy lives and works there. Not too hard!!!. (well maybe it is!).

If you like the pronunciation He gets on Pattaya,Woodie. You are going to Love this where not once but twice He insists on calling the Lovely Japanese Restaurant that Soi Yamoto is named after a "Chinese Restaurant"  :biggrin:

• Like 2