Coronavirus

seven

1 hour ago, BigTel said:

Thank's Lance .  I like and agree with your analogy with the Berlin Wall hence I am not planning on a trip until atleast November 2021  but if things should change I am also making sures I will have my finances in place , just in case.  :biggrin:     :drinks:

Wise man; it is what it is and all of us are speculating about reopening. 

Hungry people revolt, if history is any guide. The junta knows this, but continues to pander -for now- to the "keep us safe" majority.

33 minutes ago, BigTel said:

Yeah some times Thailand is covid transmission free for extended periods- until it isn't. Thailand did better that the USA, number wise, but even the USA's covid numbers are improving. 

Thailand is a sovereign nation, it can close the borders indefinitely and give Nokor some competition on who is the strictest Hermit State. The Self Sufficiency economic model will serve them well :biggrin:

On 9/8/2020 at 2:03 PM, blind boy grunt said:

I read a piece yesterday how devastating the consequences of lockdowns will be in the future. Poverty, unemployment, other diseases, mental issues etc. The covid casualties will be peanuts compared to whats coming unless we do something now, i e open up societies.

exactly Seven. It won't be long before the 'hiding in the room' mob start Lynching anyone who happens to sneeze or give a slight cough.

The UK & US had all these in abundance before the virus. 

• Like 2

Looking at the pictures in "Adam Judds" report here really do hit home the devastating effects of this pandemic, the reality from the pics are to me far more effective than if I were simply reading about what is happening to business there.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/09/13/special-report-lifeaftertourism-in-pattaya-a-journey-in-pictures-of-the-effect-no-foreign-tourism-has-had-on-pattaya/

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

you won't be coming back to the same place that you once knew. Perhaps a lesser, smaller version if we are lucky.

Yes BBgrunt,  the picture I put in below from Adam Judds shots brought up a memory far back when I was first in Pattaya in 1981 on my way through to Australia from Wales. It kind of reminded me of the sand type dirt track which walking street went into once you walked past the iconic tree that is outside what used to be the Saloon Bar Pizza next door these days is the Linda Bar. I have wonderful memories of all my trips to Pattaya and have observed it's growth over all those years and looking at the pic below it's like it's reverting back to those long gone years once again.

IMG20200913171959.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BigTel said:

es BBgrunt,  the picture I put in below from Adam Judds shots brought up a memory far back when I was first in Pattaya in 1981 on my way through to Australia from Wales. It kind of reminded me of the sand type dirt track which walking street went into once you walked past the iconic tree that is outside what used to be the Saloon Bar Pizza next door these days is the Linda Bar. I have wonderful memories of all my trips to Pattaya and have observed it's growth over all those years and looking at the pic below it's like it's reverting back to those long gone years once again.

sure, you beat me by 3 years. Walking St. '84 i remember being in a small beer bar complex somewhere along walking street, having a drink when a girl came walking down the street alone. All the Bar staff ran to the front saying 'Ladyboy coming!' i didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

All the Bar staff ran to the front saying 'Ladyboy coming!' i didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

The days of innocence :biggrin:  I reckon we will have some great conversations when we eventually get to meet up :drinks:.

9 hours ago, David3615 said:

I would ike to know what are the restricyion when you enter Thailand or when you want go out  as of today ?  

Anybody can update me 

Thanks 

Basically no foreign tourists are allowed into Thailand at present.

Only limited categories of people (listed below) are allowed to enter. https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel/can-you-enter-thailand-now-during-the-covid-19-crisis.php

I don't think there are restrictions on leaving but you would get a temperature check at airport and prevented from flying if it indicates you might be covid positive.

Screenshot 2020-09-14 at 17.43.45 - Edited.pnghh

4 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Basically no foreign tourists are allowed into Thailand at present.

Only limited categories of people (listed below) are allowed to enter. https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel/can-you-enter-thailand-now-during-the-covid-19-crisis.php

I don't think there are restrictions on leaving but you would get a temperature check at airport and prevented from flying if it indicates you might be covid positive.

Screenshot 2020-09-14 at 17.43.45 - Edited.pnghh

Thansk you; let me know when you will have a mor positive feedback

br

On 9/14/2020 at 9:56 AM, BigTel said:

Looking at the pictures in "Adam Judds" report here

Below Guys is Adam Judds part 2 of His report on the effects of the pandemic relating to Pattaya.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/09/15/special-report-lifeaftertourism-a-photo-journey-through-what-pattaya-thailand-looks-like-with-no-foreign-tourists-part-two/

• Like 2

Sweden spared European surge as coronavirus infections stay low

While many European countries are seeing new cases surge to levels not seen since the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic, Sweden – whose light-touch approach has made it an international outlier – has one of the continent’s lowest infection rates.

The government said on Tuesday it was lifting its ban on visits to care homes for the first time in months from October.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/15/sweden-records-its-fewest-daily-covid-19-cases-since-march

Can't help feeling grateful and proud of my home country. 

• Like 2