Coronavirus

seven

12 hours ago, seven said:

I had Corona in december , its rough but you recover.

I think I have it now. Have not been tested but have many of the symptoms. Sore throat, cough, some body aches and pains, only mild fever right now and diarrhoea. No respiratory issues so far.

Will just be quarantining at home for now as the symptoms so far are manageable. If things get worse will go to the hospital of course.

Luckily a mate of mine went out and did some shopping for me which will keep me going for the time being.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ozzie said:

I think I have it now. Have not been tested but have many of the symptoms. Sore throat, cough, some body aches and pains, only mild fever right now and diarrhoea. No respiratory issues so far.

Will just be quarantining at home for now as the symptoms so far are manageable. If things get worse will go to the hospital of course.

Luckily a mate of mine went out and did some shopping for me which will keep me going for the time being.

Fosters? :biggrin:

Seriously, get well soon buddy :good:

21 minutes ago, ozzie said:

Thanks mate.

I wouldn't drink Fosters if I was well :drinks:

This Fosters thing is unreal. Seems everyone overseas thinks Aussies drink Fosters. I dont know of anyone that does!!!!. The most plugged beer in history, with the lowest sales.

8 minutes ago, Woodie said:

This Fosters thing is unreal. Seems everyone overseas thinks Aussies drink Fosters. I dont know of anyone that does!!!!. The most plugged beer in history, with the lowest sales.

@duke007 and I are old mates so I am pretty sure he was just taking the piss. But yeah when I lived in the US it was amazing how many people though we all drank Fosters.

• Like 1

the oil can size was a draw at first, but one can and I passed on it thereafter.  Kinda like the buzz over Coors before it became nationally available.  I never wondered if it was really a popular beer in Oz.  I mean at one time Bud was king here and it sucks :)

94.5% of respondents to a recent opinion poll fear the prospect of the second wave of COVID-19 infections and they want a complete ban on foreign arrivals in Thailand, according to a Suan Dusit Poll.

Wow!   Somchai Q Public wants to keep out infected falang.   Can't say I blame him.  I suspect those of you who want to come back to the LOS will be forced to quarantine, perhaps in an expensive state run facility.  I think that for the guy who spends 5 months or more here that quarantining isn't a bad option.  Once you're out, you're in a country while perhaps not Covid free, has certainly flattened the curve to a point that nobody is dying.  Obviously this is a non-starter for a guy on a two or three week holiday.

The CCSA will meet mid-week to consider a sixth phase of lockdown restriction easing, by allowing the entry of foreign migrant workers, from Thailand’s neighboring countries, to ease the labour shortage and enable economic rehabilitation, said CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin on Sunday.

Given massive unemployment, there is no labor shortage.   You would have to pay Thai workers more than Burmese or Cambodians though.  

8 hours ago, Woodie said:

8 hours ago, ozzie said:

@duke007 and I are old mates so I am pretty sure he was just taking the piss. But yeah when I lived in the US it was amazing how many people though we all drank Fosters.

Fosters runs ads in UK showing two Australian stereotype guys:

However:  

(Apologies to Seven for thread derailment!).

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 08.16.42 - Edited.png

I'd be ok with quarantine if they overhaul that husk of a hi rise that got up to the windows and fittings stage and stopped in the crisis of 97, it's on the river. Nice view I am sure.  Please ensure I have free wifi, food delivery services and perhaps a small 7/11 staffed with cute ladyboys who deliver :D

Really, this is getting to the ABSURD point.  What? they're gonna stay shut off from the world until Covid disappears? Good luck with that. Same for all countries I suppose.  What they should be doing is cutting war toys spending and ramping UP hospital/quarantine building.  I mean what IF this thing don't "go away" like the seasonal flu (but obviously this ain't seasonal) ?   

Is the planet fighting back? Gonna be interesting to see population growth/death numbers over time huh. 

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/world-rankings-total-deaths

appears 1.3 million people (world wide) die from vehicles.  Ya gonna sell your car? 

life is fatal folks. 

waiting for perspective to happen...

8 hours ago, Woodie said:

Effective advertising in the USA.   Most Yanks think it's the beer that most Aussies prefer.   The tagline, "Fosters, Australian For Beer" is powerful brainwashing.

3 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

the oil can size was a draw at first

Some guys think the length and girth is a draw but I think most guys prefer cold beer and the oil can size means warm or wasted beer.  The only other Aussie brand well known in the States is Jacob's Creek wine.

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

I think that for the guy who spends 5 months or more here that quarantining isn't a bad option. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-spreading-control-hong-kong-172841429.html

Hong Kong had been initially successful in tackling the disease, with close to zero local transmission by late June.

But infections have shot up over the last two weeks and doctors fear the new outbreak is spreading in what is a densely-packed territory of more than seven million people.

I think for all the effort put in to contain this Covid 19 it still seems it is able to rear it's ugly head and get a foot hold . :character00292:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

94.5% of respondents to a recent opinion poll fear the prospect of the second wave of COVID-19 infections and they want a complete ban on foreign arrivals in Thailand, according to a Suan Dusit Poll.

Ya a natural reaction, people are scared. But Thailand get's a significant percentage of it's GDP from exports and tourism, so eventually economics will also be a consideration. I've seen polls where a high percentage of Thais are in favor of keeping foreigners out- but there will always be a significant minority that depend on tourism for income. 

That could prove problematic for the junta

4 minutes ago, lance2546 said:

exports and tourism

Economics will certainly play a role.   Perhaps Thailand will loosen up and let in foreign businessmen who would be buying exports.  Would seem to be a much smaller group than the tourists.

Even if the political calculus makes Thailand willing to accept more Covid deaths in the economic/public health tradeoff,  I do wonder if opening up would eventually lead to a second wave that would force a lockdown and closure of all businesses making open borders counterproductive from an economic standpoint.. 

I suspect a Shinawatra government would tilt towards economic concerns while the junta would tilt towards public safety.

Just now, Pdoggg said:

I suspect a Shinawatra government would tilt towards economic concerns while the junta would tilt towards public safety.

Agreed. 

The economic pain thresh hold is a debate each country must decide. If history is any guide, this pandemic will take a couple of years to play out.

I'm heading to Mexico :biggrin:

Our man.

Here he explains why you can't compare apple and oranges.  For example comparing Norway and Finland to Sweden can't be done as the population structure and size is very different.  Should Sweden be compared to any country it should be UK, Belgium or Netherlands. In the swedish version of this interview held the same day at the daily pressmeet he mentioned the big elephant in the room. He's a scientist with no agenda, just tells it as it is.

Christiane Amanpour who I have a lot of respect for mentions this at 3:30 and that she'll "get back to that in a minute", which she unfortunately doesn't  do for the whole 8 min interview. So much for honest journalists. Its too much of a delicate and infected subject.

He also predicts the the future. The virus will not go away and immunity/ antibodies will not be achieved worldwide.:sad0143:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2020/07/24/sweden-anders-tegnell-coronavirus-response-amanpour-sot-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/around-the-world/

• Like 1