Coronavirus

seven

On 5/27/2020 at 9:41 AM, Quietguy said:

Sweden has highest number of covid deaths per million of population.

Sweden's daily tally of new COVID-19 cases falls to lowest since May

I'm sure you and the U.S. will get there eventually, QG. Stay positive, avoid new contacts and wash your hands.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/swedens-daily-tally-covid-19-144454730.html

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden's daily tally of new COVID-19 cases fell to its lowest since late May on Tuesday, a sharp reversal from June when expanded testing fuelled record numbers in a country that drew global attention for its rejection of a lockdown.

Cases in the Nordic country have declined sharply over the past few days and on Tuesday only 283 new cases were recorded.

That contrasts with a torrid month of June when daily numbers ran as high as 1,800, eclipsing rates across much of Europe, even as deaths and hospitalisations continued to decline from peaks in April.

Sweden was slow to ramp up testing for any but the seriously ill and healthcare workers, but weekly numbers for tests have more than doubled since late may, putting the country in the same bracket as extensively testing nations such as Germany.

Health Agency Director General Johan Carlson said the slow expansion of testing had left the country with a "testing debt" that produced a surge in cases when thousands with mostly mild symptoms rushed to get the tests suddenly available to them.

"In all likelihood, this was a mountain that we needed to dig away at," he told a news conference.

771de00554da0d19f9aecf20732505e8.jpg

"Running the World Since 1776"

But one of the few super developed countries in which health care is a privilege instead of a right. Maybe it's better for the average citizen if one's country doesn't run the world. 

It's a real shame that mask wearing has turned into a political issue and an absolute disgrace that Trump doesn't wear a mask.

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

IMG_20200709_164302.jpg

IMG_20200709_164043.jpg

There's a prevalence of the attitude:

but it only happens to older people.. things are fine

but there's no one I know who has it.. things are fine

but there's football on tv.. things are fine

I don't need to worry about it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

There's a prevalence of the attitude:

but it only happens to older people.. things are fine

but there's no one I know who has it.. things are fine

but there's football on tv.. things are fine

I don't need to worry about it.

Thailand hasn't had a reported domestic case in over 5 weeks.  Should we be worried about it?

6 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Thailand hasn't had a reported domestic case in over 5 weeks.  Should we be worried about it?

Do you really trust a government that shuts down any news that is damaging to it?

• Like 2

Just now, Pdoggg said:

Good point. But if people were dying in hospitals wouldn't word leak out?

Except Thailand has 2 distinct demographics.. young thai's and elderly retiring farangs.

Would elderly farangs that pass away really cause news headlines out of the ordinary? Seems to me the only headlines farangs get in Thailand anyways are when they jump out of buildings.

2 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

I'm talking about the Thai demographic. What I'm thinking is that lots of people work in hospitals all over the country. Doctors, nurses, orderlies.  If people were dying of COVID wouldn't word leak out among the population?   

Locally sure. That said are a lot of thai's now wearing masks? That'll surely get the number of infections down.

• Like 2

That guy hasn't exactly been careful. Being crammed up in an airplane cabin with 300 people is one of the last places I would want to be in now.

1 hour ago, Ashoka said:

That'll surely get the number of infections down.

Are you serious? I think you live in Trumpland and the mask wearing has been completely politicised there, but do you

really believe facemasks prevent  spreading of the virus?

14 minutes ago, seven said:

That guy hasn't exactly been careful. Being crammed up in an airplane cabin with 300 people is one of the last places I would want to be in now.

Are you serious? I think you live in Trumpland and the mask wearing has been completely politicised there, but do you

really believe facemasks prevent  spreading of the virus?

Well since you were specific I suggest reading this report where a person was COVID-19 positive on a 15 hour flight from Guangzhou to Toronto, wore a mask the entire flight and no one else got covid from him.

https://www.cmaj.ca/content/192/15/E410

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

Well since you were specific I suggest reading this report where a person was COVID-19 positive on a 15 hour flight from Guangzhou to Toronto, wore a mask the entire flight and no one else got covid from him.

https://www.cmaj.ca/content/192/15/E410

So thats a yes?

The  MAGA-guy in red shirt in the clip you posted was fired from his job today , btw.

Here you go , rxpharm. Brand spanking new report on how to stop future pandemics.

Among many things:

"The report explores the role of animals, and in particular non-domestic animals, in emerging infectious human diseases. This is essential for our global efforts to improve our response preparedness because the frequency of spillover of pathogenic organisms jumping from animals to humans has been increasing considerably, due to the growing magnitude of our unsustainable natural resource use in today’s world." ( Page 9).

https://www.unenvironment.org/news-and-stories/press-release/unite-human-animal-and-environmental-health-prevent-next-pandemic-un

https://www.unenvironment.org/resources/report/preventing-future-zoonotic-disease-outbreaks-protecting-environment-animals-and

ZP.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

10 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Maybe he'll return to Costco with an AK47 to assert his 2nd amendment rights?  :dwarf:

OMG that's not even funny.. there are so many crazy people out there. I and my ladyboy met one.. and she still has a broken nose from that.. thankfully not a gunshot wound.