Coronavirus

seven

13 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

and also for inventing chopsticks...

Couldn't agree more. The most stupid eating utensils ever made. Some people go nuts over them.

Made of bamboo because thats what they had. Try cutting a piece of steak with them!!!.

You can only use them as a shovel which leads to the bowl up to the mouth thing. Yuk!.

freedumb, you crack me UP ! so true. While I'm not entirely sure Rainman is to blame, his kind sure are...for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.  First thing that SHOULD have been done is a lock down with massive mobilization of testing centers and labs and contact tracing. Now, let's get real, this is WAY easier in a country with say....70 million people. Sheer size alone, plus domestic mobility would have made spread a BIG problem.  Oh and building MANY new hospitals in key locations, to handle ONLY virus cases. Ramp up supplies production. (IF it got controlled, supplies could always be stashed in the new virus hospitals).  Seeing a map of transmissions earlier on wa s sobering. Mardi Gras should have been SHUT DOWN. That alone accounted for humongous spread in the south east up to Atlanta (big air hub, omg) and down thru Florida.  Pig's post about the CDC assessment that it's WAY beyond controlling at this point is dead on. It's also possible that cases are ten times what is reported, as the CDC also says. 

It's one thing to pander to a bunch of idiots telling them we can make America great again, bring back jobs (his shutting the barn door after the horses have fled crap burns me), bring back coal, control illegal immigration (wTF? 30 yrs after it's way beyond controlling?) but it's another thing ENTIRELY to spout this "it's just a flu, we've got it under control, it's going away" BULLSHIT.  While morons spouting shit might make for funny vid clips, I think a majority of people don't believe any of the "experts" much anymore. I mean they STILL seem to know virtually NOTHING about this virus.  I have yet to see ONE agency say anything positive about immunity.  It seems there is a record low confidence in goverment (if such a thing is possible) AND the scientific community (who just will NOT say ANYTHING without waffling and qualifying).   As near as I can tell this thing will be in the USA for years, until some vaccine or vaccineS are trotted out. Herd immunity IF it works would require something like 70% infection and survival and even NYC only has 20%. The only bright spot seems to be that death rate keeps getting a bit lower even as the virus spreads at record rates.  I am resigned to never leaving the land of FreeDumb again. Or if I DO i'll be using a Zimmerframe.

:( it isn't true though. An evaluating commission was decided long ago, which every country probably will have post covid-19.

Failure? We've had 5000 deaths, how many have you had? The right wing here thinks its a failure yes. Majority think not.

I guess any news is good news, fake or real. We also have  polar bears on the streets and blonde women walking around nude offering sex to anyone. 

WTF :shok:

A Bangkok hospital director has proposed flying in Covid-19 patients from abroad for treatment at his hospital.

Dr Rienthong Nanna, director of Mongkutwattana Hospital, is considering medical flights to bring international Covid-19 cases to the hospital in an attempt to stimulate the economy.Each flight would carry 60 passengers and be adapted with disease prevention measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus outside the cabin, he said in a Facebook post.

Under the proposal, Mongkutwattana Hospital will act as a state quarantine facility, caring for foreign patients until they are identified as “Covid-19 free” and able to start their visit as tourists in Thailand.The proposal has been supported by several clinics that treat international patients.

Accommodation providers who want to collaborate with the hospital to prepare medical flights and state quarantine have been invited to contact the director of Mongkutwattana Hospital’s office.However, the Public Health Ministry has not yet announced whether Thailand will accept Covid-19 patients from overseas.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390740

4 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

A Bangkok hospital director has proposed flying in Covid-19 patients from abroad for treatment at his hospital.

Dr Rienthong Nanna, director of Mongkutwattana Hospital, is considering medical flights to bring international Covid-19 cases to the hospital in an attempt to stimulate the economy.Each flight would carry 60 passengers and be adapted with disease prevention measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus outside the cabin, he said in a Facebook post.

Under the proposal, Mongkutwattana Hospital will act as a state quarantine facility, caring for foreign patients until they are identified as “Covid-19 free” and able to start their visit as tourists in Thailand.The proposal has been supported by several clinics that treat international patients.

Accommodation providers who want to collaborate with the hospital to prepare medical flights and state quarantine have been invited to contact the director of Mongkutwattana Hospital’s office.However, the Public Health Ministry has not yet announced whether Thailand will accept Covid-19 patients from overseas.

Just when you think you've heard it all...

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

That hospital where they'll quarantine the patients better have as good a quarantine to hold the patients, medical staff inside as Julius Caesar did when he invaded Gaul.

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

This is a reflection that Thailand really has no effective plan for recovering from the drastically reduced tourism numbers in the near to intermediate future. There are no significant countries wanting to participate in their "travel bubble scheme", and no foreign airlines interested in reestablishing regular flights without a coherent international tourist plan.

They should have gone with a scheme similar to Iceland, test on arrival free for the first 2 weeks, positives have to quarantine for 2 weeks in a government approved location at their own cost, negatives can go on to enter and visit. After 2 weeks tourists have to pay for the test. This would have given them numbers that could start the rebuilding of their tourist industry.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, rxpharm said:

They should have gone with a scheme similar to Iceland, test on arrival free for the first 2 weeks, positives have to quarantine for 2 weeks in a government approved location at their own cost, negatives can go on to enter and visit. After 2 weeks tourists have to pay for the test. This would have given them numbers that could start the rebuilding of their tourist industry.

I reckon there is no right or wrong answer in the tradeoff between the tourism industry and public health.  If they adopt the Icelandic scheme I sure hope they would start cautiously with just a few relatively safe countries.

IMO, Thailand has been overly cautious with beach closures, curfews, and booze bans.   But a plane load with just one positive sends 200 possible spreaders out into the general population.    

Another alternative is to target people who spend 3 months or more in Thailand and have a mandatory quarantine with hotels at various price points.   Perhaps permit limited pool use or a walk/jog.  Make sure the wifi works!  While a deal breaker for many, some would welcome the opportunity.

Right now, I feel quite fortunate that I can be out and about and have little fear of contracting this plague because according to government stats it has been eradicated in Thailand for the time being. 

• Like 1

Virus bling:biggrin: Wonder when the rich chinese and thais will follow.

Indian man wears gold face mask to ward off coronavirus

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indian-man-wears-gold-face-mask-ward-off-134617710.html

An Indian man said he paid about $4,000 for a bespoke gold face mask to protect him from the coronavirus raging in the country.

The precious metal covering weighs 60 grams (two ounces) and took craftsmen eight days to make, said businessman Shankar Kurhade, from the western city of Pune.

674c934e2e50c033e41d28b4aee3fd38b9099cf3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, seven said:

Virus bling:biggrin: Wonder when the rich chinese and thais will follow.

Indian man wears gold face mask to ward off coronavirus

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indian-man-wears-gold-face-mask-ward-off-134617710.html

An Indian man said he paid about $4,000 for a bespoke gold face mask to protect him from the coronavirus raging in the country.

The precious metal covering weighs 60 grams (two ounces) and took craftsmen eight days to make, said businessman Shankar Kurhade, from the western city of Pune.

Well at least his family will have something of value to sell to cover his funeral costs if he dies from Covid 19.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

Anyone have a clue as to when Yanks may be let back in to Thailand

we seem to be banned from most countries, great job our leaders are doing in the states!  

Long Time no see bud. Glad you're doing well - relatively.

Still in the Shithole of A or overseas?

• Like 1

States,  went to Mexico in February before the virus hit!

Ready to travel again, super bored here in New Hampster, but we literally can't go anywhere

As soon as travel restrictions are lifted I will hit the road for a month or 3, likely in Asia

Cheers Ashoka!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

States,  went to Mexico in February before the virus hit!

Ready to travel again, super bored here in New Hampster, but we literally can't go anywhere

As soon as travel restrictions are lifted I will hit the road for a month or 3, likely in Asia

Cheers Ashoka!

BTW I'm pretty sure pd can help you get your original account back. He helped me get mine back and I didn't post since more or less 8-10 years.

• Like 1

Not in the states, we are lead by a buffoon

I'd say no professional sports until 2021,  probably the same for travel -  depends on what the individual counties do;  once Europe or a few countries outside the US allow visitors again,  the rest will. We have to show people aren't dying here though, or more and more getting sick, before this happens. 

Lockdown has sucked!  Bored and can't even go to Boston, nothing is open. Even looked into a long weekend in Montreal, only 3.5 hours away,  but we can't even cross the border!

No Wall needed, no one wants to come here.

• Like 3