Coronavirus

seven

48 minutes ago, BigTel said:

Yesterday's Bangkok Post.                                                https://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/1937704/thailand-to-turn-away-from-mass-tourism-target-the-wealthy

The government's tourism-revival strategy is to target big spenders seeking privacy and social distancing in the Covid-19 era, rather than try to attract a large number of visitors, according to Tourism Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn.

The pandemic provides an opportunity to reset the sector, which had become reliant on Chinese groups and backpackers, he said in an interview with Bloomberg News.

Once the country’s borders are reopened and so-called travel bubbles are agreed upon, marketing efforts will be geared toward wealthier individuals who want holidays with minimal risks.

Does that mean we wont encounter hippies in Thailand anymore

18 minutes ago, stoolpusher said:

Maybe you should get off your ass and go to Chiang Mai they are like ants there or notice the people around you , I have seen many in Pattaya 

mmmm...  i guess an explanation of what you think a hippy is may help?  the only ones i have ever seen are at least 70 nowadays, old guy with a pony tail perhaps?. they are just old guys with shit for brains and pony tails.

so, what's a hippy then Nosher? did they ever exist? maybe in Haight Ashbury for about 5 years. Other than that just a newspaper fashion, not a tribe.

Is Hippy a specific Oz term for something else? Backpacker or suchlike?

I agree with BBG, what you see now is the poser kiddies who make up their own definitions of everything and go forth pretending.  I mean really, hippies were also twits, most notably the flower children.  Chanting give peace a chance and thinking it would do ANYTHING was stupid.  Like Lennon''s bed-in for peace. 

Likely a lot of us won't see them in LOS because we won't be getting INTO LOS.  IF this scheme works for them, regulations will change to support it.  Personally if I had gobs of money, I'd spend time in Japan or Italy WAY before Thailand.  One can only hope this idea FLOPS GRANDLY as many do, and things go back to somewhat usual.  In either way, I'm prepared. Last few trips I kind of list things I'll miss and that list has gotten shorter, as the junta eradicates them.

14 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

Maybe you should get off your ass and go to Chiang Mai they are like ants there or notice the people around you , I have seen many in Pattaya 

No, what you are seeing is your reflection in the shop windows. Have you not noticed that these hippies all look the same??.

I have no fear of catching corona virus these days as there has not been a single reported domestic case anywhere in Thailand for 26 days and much longer in Pattaya.    I think that I have a greater chance of being run over by a baht bus then dying of Covid-19.

If/when Thailand reopens for tourism then I guess I'll have to hunker down like many of you are now doing in the States or Europe.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I have no fear of catching corona virus these days as there has not been a single reported domestic case anywhere in Thailand for 26 days and much longer in Pattaya.    I think that I have a greater chance of being run over by a baht bus then dying of Covid-19.

If/when Thailand reopens for tourism then I guess I'll have to hunker down like many of you are now doing in the States or Europe.  

A lot can be said about your post Pdogg. I have been sheltering in place in California with my family, and now our case count is going up again.  I have a very strange feeling an American passport will be an impediment to travel anywhere in the near future.   

• Like 1

unless you have the big bux, then you may be whisked away in a gov approved limo to a 5 star quarantine location, I don't think a mere test even before AND after flights will be enough for some of these paranoid types.  The Phuket island idea would work in THEORY I suppose, but not every country has an nearby island with an airport and good hospital facilities.  So yeah, agree with you.  SOME desperate or somewhat sensible place may see this whole thing as an opportunity I suppose.  Fancy an visit to an exotic spot in say Ruwanda? maybe Nicaragua?  Wonder if Hawaii will become the new getaway for Americans, Dominican Republic?

On 6/21/2020 at 2:05 PM, Pdoggg said:

there has not been a single reported domestic case anywhere in Thailand for 26 days

However 23 Burmese who recently returned home from Thailand tested positive after crossing the border.  This would be evidence that Thailand is not Covid free.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

However 23 Burmese who recently returned home from Thailand tested positive after crossing the border.  This would be evidence that Thailand is not Covid free.

Greenland is COVID free. New Zealand is/was but tried to screw it up recently. The rest of the world not so much. But of course you can always count on the Thai government to be right... :blink:

• Like 2

Fucking scum lowlife sub humans. These peasants are guilty of the worst crisis of humanity and they're too fucking dumb to realise it.

I actually hope they get wiped-out by it. They deserve it. The damage they've done to the world is unforgivable. Fuck you, China.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-annual-dog-meat-fair-064809038.html

China's annual dog-meat fair opens; activists hope for last time

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China's notorious dog-meat festival has opened in defiance of a government campaign to improve animal welfare and reduce risks to health highlighted by the novel coronavirus outbreak.

The annual 10-day festival in the southwestern city of Yulin usually attracts thousands of visitors, many of whom buy dogs for the pot that are on display in cramped cages.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seven said:

Fucking scum lowlife sub humans. These peasants are guilty of the worst crisis of humanity and they're too fucking dumb to realise it.

I actually hope they get wiped-out by it. They deserve it. The damage they've done to the world is unforgivable. Fuck you, China.

Spot on my friend .   :drinks:

• Like 2

There are a few areas in Thailand where dog meat is as common as chicken,  its just another asian dish .

I am a dog lover and there is no way I could eat mans best friend .

I'm with you on the hole China thing , in general I have never met a nice one , they seem so arrogant 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, seven said:

I actually hope they get wiped-out by it. They deserve it. The damage they've done to the world is unforgivable. Fuck you, China

I wouldn't say fuck China. There are many Chinese who fight to stop this barbaric practice.
Better say fuck dog, cat and bat eaters no matter what nationality they may have.
Believe it or not, there is a active dogeater scene still going on in Swizerland.

• Like 3