Coronavirus

seven

I think that whether or not there will be a “second wave” depends entirely on how the EVIL PRICKS who unleashed the ridiculous lockdowns in the first place decide on how they want to move forward. If THEY want a “second wave”, for whatever reason, and think they can get away with it, they will simply start up the hysteria again. They will flip a switch, if you like. 

For now, the propaganda machine has moved on to BLM and the global civil unrest. Helluva show, innit. 

275AE277-9F92-4530-8B68-6EEFD5218B92.jpeg

On 6/7/2020 at 6:48 AM, Ashoka said:

Basically think of it in terms of the contraceptive pill.. its only 97% effective.. not 100% but it does help prevent the spread. Similarly the mask and gloves do help but are they 100%? No.

6 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

:sign0184:     yeah yeah yeah....... but am i safe to go for a dodgy massage now? in between waves perhaps?

If you are going to go for a dodgy massage, I doubt you will ever be safer than now.  Zero new cases except for repatriated Thais (now in quarantine) in the last two weeks in all of Thailand.  IMO the massage is probably safer than riding your bike to get there.  My guess is that you are probably less likely to get a STD now than in the past or in the future.  Thailand will be less safe once the border reopens. 

Everything in life carries an element of risk.   So to me it's mimimizing risk to the level where one feels comfortable.  I would think that sucking off a ladyman would be safer than kissing her or riding on the BTS.  Katty Bar is safer than Marine Disco.  

I'm by no means a throw caution to wind type of guy. I press elevator buttons with my elbow if not wearing a sandwich shop glove.  But I think there is a miniscule chance of my getting corona in Pattaya if I just avoid the very riskiest behavior.   The riskiest behavior I permit is letting the Thai monitor touch my phone to help me when using the Line app to check in and out of venues but I have that pretty much figured out now. 

Btw, are there any special areas in Jomtien other than Soi 6 that is known for dodgy massage?

IF those "evil pricks" had not done lockdowns/stay at home it would have spread MUCH MORE and overwhelmed systems (inadequate to say the least) like hospitals.  It bought time. And HOPEFULLY they won't just use up all the supplies, decide we really don't NEED a pandemic response department in U.S. gov (like the one Obama put in place and Rainman promptly cancelled/dismantled soon after he got in). There should be warehouses full of respirators, masks, face shields, etc. no? Does anyone really believe this won't happen again? The only way to stop it is to END FLYING. SLOW the world down to pre "everyone can fly" times. That ain't gonna happen. So they need to GEAR UP, which they should as it'll be yet another money maker, corruption machine :)

44 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Zero new cases except for repatriated Thais (now in quarantine) in the last two weeks in all of Thailand.

yeah, well, that's where *I* will use the evil pricks desciption...That's IF (big if) you believe the guys in charge and what they tell us. I mean would they lie to keep the tourist and other money coming in? Oh my, never :)  Then too you have gross incompetence, general ignorance and this...(seen in a NY Times opinion piece, think it describes more than a few nowadays)

It has exposed how much of Western society – but American society in particular – is permeated with influential people who have deluded themselves into thinking that their ability to manipulate words, images, and sounds gives them the ability to control reality itself.

The original piece opinion guy got this from can be seen here. He's got some good points alright. Very good I think.

https://aelkus.github.io/glitch/2020/03/13/narrative

In short it's what I've already said, the worst lies you believe are the ones you tell yourself.

btw Pigdog, ain't hitting the buttons with your knuckle a bit more handy ? :)

With all this lovely 'me' time I've lost track of what's happening outside in that filthy virus-ridden real world.  The important things get washed aside by copy/pasted sensationalistic news and tedious youtube videos.

What are the current curfew times in Thailand?  :Monkey:

I don't like to rush anywhere.

• Like 1

Sorry for the doom and gloom:

ER doctor: The coronavirus is lurking no matter how much we wish things were normal

https://www.yahoo.com/news/er-doctor-coronavirus-lurking-no-160102539.html

The patients came in one after another: leg swelling, abdominal pain, migraines, mini-strokes, sexually transmitted infections, seizures, confused nursing home patients, a collapsed lung, even a woman asking for a pregnancy test. All the while, I kept waiting for the breathless and blue COVID-19 patients — where were they, and when would they come?

Every time a few hours passed and I slipped into being the emergency physician I used to be, this virus reared up, slapped me around and reminded me not to be complacent. It hid in dark and unexpected corners, in patients whose medical presentations would have not had me first think COVID-19. It seems to affect everything. As a result, every sense of my security in medicine has been lost. In a two-day shift, I was tricked more than once. 

I should have known better. Whether people want to believe it or not, the virus is still out there, lurking. I never suspected it in the woman with good old-fashioned chest pain and vomiting until I saw her X-ray with the classic COVID-19 findings of fluffy infiltrates throughout her lungs. Or the woman with a seemingly ordinary blood clot in her leg; but alas, her blood was abnormally clotting thanks to COVID-19.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JustSumGai said:

we're DOOMED ! Now let me into Thailand so I can go out having wild sex with kinky ladyboys, DAMMIT! :)

:biggrin: Yup. Fuct. Nah, we'll be ok. Its a matter of calculating the risks. As Piggdogg said, living life is not without risks. Getting on an airplane, riding a motorbike, visa run in a minivan at 160 km/h for 10 hours,  rimming a ladyman. 

Not long ago at a golf course here a guy took a ball ,drive from tee, right on his forehead. He died instantly. What are the odds.

If you're not willing to take any chances in life you might as well stay home and never leave the house.

We need to be aware of things, keep up and maybe watch the news every now and then. ( I'm happy to provide news to dixon in this thread).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

or you could eat junk food all your life, sit watching a big screen in off hours, have a stressful job, lose a legs to diabetes because you've become morbidly obese, spend too many days after that on visits to hospital and doctors, then croak with a heart attack. (number 1 way to go, cancer 2 I believe).  Life, sterilized for your protection? good luck with that. (remember those paper banners on toilet seats?).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

we're DOOMED ! Now let me into Thailand so I can go out having wild sex with kinky ladyboys, DAMMIT! :)

okay...if we are doomed...i'm off for a dodgy massage then....

I stopped reading the news weeks ago.

stop it DC...i don't believe you!.... :love0029:  how can anyone possibly live without a daily Covid news update?

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2020 at 10:42 PM, blind boy grunt said:

I stopped reading the news weeks ago.

stop it DC...i don't believe you!.... :love0029:  how can anyone possibly live without a daily Covid news update?

Well if you really need an update, its that NY and the places that did a hard 3 month shutdown are emerging with little or no cases. However the ones that shut down only for a month are having cases increase.

• Like 1

The newest rumour is on the 15th that restaurants will be permitted to serve booze but pubs, beer bars, and other nightlife venues will remain closed.  

On 6/9/2020 at 9:42 AM, blind boy grunt said:

While traditional massage is open, soapies will not reopen on the 15th.  There is no mention of the status of dodgy massage.

Announcement comes tomorrow, on Friday the 12th.  BBG, perhaps you should be at the press conference to ask about dodgy.   Could be a new career.   The main reporter for The Pattaya News was a Soi 6 bar manager for 5 years and does an excellent job IMO.   I hear the Pattaya Daily Mail has an opening!

Soapies well out of my price range PD !

Soi 6 pattaya? I may well know him depending on when he was there.

Reason i ask if you meant soi 6 Pattaya is that there used to be one Bar [the Bristol Bar] on soi 6 Jomtien too. I definitely know the guy that owned that, locals may recall the  Sunday night jam sessions that were held for charity outside the bar... until immigration closed it down because although unpaid musicians playing for charity ...no-one had a work permit. Thank god no-one played Bridge!... strangely enough it's a dodgy massage joint now...

don't for god's sake talk about the Pattaya Mail having a vacancy.... QG will be straight in there!

8 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

but pubs, beer bars, and other nightlife venues will remain closed.

Do you know why as Pattaya has no ongoing cases of covid-19 and international flights still closed. I mean since there is

no virus in Patts and no farangs can visit, why keep business closed?

8 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

QG will be straight in there!

Even with assumed pandemic still going on?

1 hour ago, seven said:
10 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

but pubs, beer bars, and other nightlife venues will remain closed.

Do you know why as Pattaya has no ongoing cases of covid-19 and international flights still closed. I mean since there is

no virus in Patts and no farangs can visit, why keep business closed?

Could it be this Covid situation has given the regime the chance of a lifetime to actually close down what they see as detrimental to the image they wish to portray of Pattaya as more of a Holiday resort without the Sex elemnet .  The problem being that they are destroying it now from within.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you plan on bus travel it may be helpful just to read this article.  :drinks:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/06/11/bus-operator-confirms-ban-on-foreign-travelers-in-pandemic/

BANGKOK — A major operator of intercity bus services on Thursday said foreigners are banned from its services due to the coronavirus emergency law.

Although bus routes operated by The Transport Co. have resumed most of their services to provinces across the country as of today, foreign travelers are not allowed to board their buses because they do not possess Thai national ID cards, a customer service agent said.

“They don’t hold Thai ID cards, so they can’t board our buses,” she said when reached for comments. “We need them for identification purposes.”

Asked whether passports can be used instead, the agent said no.

“It’s the company policy, sorry for any inconvenience,” she said.

7 minutes ago, BigTel said:

If you plan on bus travel it may be helpful just to read this article.  :drinks:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/06/11/bus-operator-confirms-ban-on-foreign-travelers-in-pandemic/

BANGKOK — A major operator of intercity bus services on Thursday said foreigners are banned from its services due to the coronavirus emergency law.

Although bus routes operated by The Transport Co. have resumed most of their services to provinces across the country as of today, foreign travelers are not allowed to board their buses because they do not possess Thai national ID cards, a customer service agent said.

“They don’t hold Thai ID cards, so they can’t board our buses,” she said when reached for comments. “We need them for identification purposes.”

Asked whether passports can be used instead, the agent said no.

“It’s the company policy, sorry for any inconvenience,” she said.

Yes, I heard this on the news tonight. I've always gone by bus from Phitsanulok to Bangkok and / or Pattaya over the last 10 years; no problems. Now my plan to go down (when things start up again) will need some reviewing. I heard it was ok to go by train to Bangkok; and flying? I'll look into both in due course, but bus has always been convenient. Aah well, one more bump in the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigTel said:

Could it be this Covid situation has given the regime the chance of a lifetime to actually close down what they see as detrimental to the image they wish to portray of Pattaya as more of a Holiday resort without the Sex elemnet .  The problem being that they are destroying it now from within.

Could very well be. I can't see any other good reason for them to keep business closed if no virus is around.

• Like 1