Coronavirus

seven

12 hours ago, strocube said:

"We Sent Them Samples Of A Goat, A Papaya & A Pheasant": Tanzanian President Catches WHO In Epic Lie

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/we-sent-them-samples-goat-papaya-pheasant-tanzanian-president-catches-who-epic-lie

Hopefully you are not posting this as fact, since the Tanzanian president has always been a shining example of transparency and accountability during his rule. If these are the sources for your news, I can see the basis for your conspiracy viewpoints.

• Like 2

Primeminister, congratulations on successfully spoffing your inbred genetics to create a future hedge fund manager. Hows your team of nannies coping with the sleepless nights?

Congrats on not dying of coronavirus, how was your stay at the Chequers? Seen as you've recently taking advantage of statutory holiday , sick pay and paternity leave in the space of about three weeks, do you have any plans of reconsider your slow but steady dismantle of the welfare state? Whats with this suddenly giving a shit about the NHS bullshit?

We have highest death toll in Europe and yet we saw it coming, we all did, the virus was amongst us even as  our dear leader was still bragging about the fact that he was still proudly shaking everybody's hands. Primeminister, when will you and your cabinet of dangerously inept sixth formers be resigning?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rxpharm said:

Hopefully you are not posting this as fact, since the Tanzanian president has always been a shining example of transparency and accountability during his rule. If these are the sources for your news, I can see the basis for your conspiracy viewpoints.

Make of it what you will. I know fuck all about the president of Tanzania, but in this instance, I’d trust him over Bill Gates, the WHO, Trump, or Fauci.

How credible was Dr. Neil Ferguson? 

10 hours ago, strocube said:

Make of it what you will. I know fuck all about the president of Tanzania, but in this instance, I’d trust him over Bill Gates, the WHO, Trump, or Fauci.

How credible was Dr. Neil Ferguson? 

The fact that you will believe yet another African strong man president without checking into his background, and ignoring the fact that WHO does not do direct COVID-19 testing and ignore the statements in the actual article raising the credibility of Tanzanian President John Magufuli says it all. You gladly accept things as fact that fit your conspiracy viewpoint. You have repeatedly bashed news organizations and politicians of all stripes - yet here you are believing this report as fact when it is most likely President John Magufuli is lying to promote his own agenda.

I think you may have a sense that the Covid virus can be destroyed. The bad news is that it cant and even if there is vaccine ( i doubt it) we will still have to endure this horror for years and years and years. Its going nowhere and there will be many more deaths as we cant stay at home for ever ...collateral damage there will be

The R count is the same in Scotland as it is in England. N Sturgeon is just being cynical ... 

Life has changed for ever and its more dangerous ...we have to get used to it .

Bryan Adams apologises after 'bat eating' coronavirus rant

Singer had ranted at ‘wet market animal selling, virus making’ people in China in Instagram post

He wrote: “Tonight was supposed to be the beginning of a tenancy of gigs at the royalalberthall, but thanks to some fucking bat eating, wet market animal selling, virus making greedy bastards, the whole world is now on hold, not to mention the thousands that have suffered or died from this virus.

“My message to them other than ‘thanks a fucking lot’ is go vegan.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/may/12/bryan-adams-apologises-coronavirus-instagram

Summer of 69 is a good song, imo. Go Vegan!

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 3:57 AM, rxpharm said:

The fact that you will believe yet another African strong man president without checking into his background, and ignoring the fact that WHO does not do direct COVID-19 testing and ignore the statements in the actual article raising the credibility of Tanzanian President John Magufuli says it all. You gladly accept things as fact that fit your conspiracy viewpoint. You have repeatedly bashed news organizations and politicians of all stripes - yet here you are believing this report as fact when it is most likely President John Magufuli is lying to promote his own agenda.

Lol! You continually misread me. That’s ok, I’m used to it. 

5A79ED0E-94FC-47D0-889A-E26BADDD7CA7.jpeg

ADD7DB7B-327A-48D4-950D-D6BC62EED96B.jpeg

Was Professor Panic's Flawed Computer Model Virtue-Signaling To His Radical Climate Activist Lover?

“An analysis of computer models used by Professor Neil Ferguson to predict that millions would die of COVID-19- models on which Western leaders had based the ongoing lockdowns - have been torn to shreds. Some have even gone so far as to suggest that his dire models may have something to do with his married lover being an environmental activist.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/pandemic-computer-model-used-professor-panic-was-deeply-flawed-and-he-was-banging-radical

Phew, I thought we'd never be back in Los. Now if us dirty farangs in the west only could lift  travel restrictions. Its safer in Thailand than Europe.

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand, the first country outside China to discover a case of the new coronavirus, reported no new daily cases for the first time in two months on Wednesday as the government considered easing more restrictions on businesses.

"We all can be relieved but not complacent," said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

"We need to continue with the main measures ... wash hands, practice social distancing and wear masks," he said.

Thailand detected its first coronavirus case, a tourist from China on Jan. 13. Since then it has recorded a total of 3,017 infections and 56 deaths.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-reports-no-coronavirus-cases-052828206.html

5 hours ago, seven said:

Phew, I thought we'd never be back in Los. Now if us dirty farangs in the west only could lift  travel restrictions. Its safer in Thailand than Europe.

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand, the first country outside China to discover a case of the new coronavirus, reported no new daily cases for the first time in two months on Wednesday as the government considered easing more restrictions on businesses.

Pattaya is really safe.  No new cases in 4 weeks albeit with limited testing.   This might be the safest time all year to order in from Thai Friendly as it is doubtful that Pattaya can keep new cases at zero once the economy opens up and people return to Pattaya from other provinces.

I was reading on Bloomberg, that Bumrungrad is taking a big financial hit as two thirds of their revenue if from foreigners.   They might try to reinvent themselves as a high end quarantine center. 

According to the article their most foreign patients are from Burma, UAE, and Kuwait.   I guess Burma doesn't have any good hospitals and the generals go to Bangkok instead.  I would think that the UAE and Kuwait would have good high end hospitals but I am guessing very expensive so better to fly to Bangkok. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Pattaya is really safe.  No new cases in 4 weeks albeit with limited testing.   This might be the safest time all year to order in from Thai Friendly as it is doubtful that Pattaya can keep new cases at zero once the economy opens up and people return to Pattaya from other provinces.

I was reading on Bloomberg, that Bumrungrad is taking a big financial hit as two thirds of their revenue if from foreigners.   They might try to reinvent themselves as a high end quarantine center. 

According to the article their most foreign patients are from Burma, UAE, and Kuwait.   I guess Burma doesn't have any good hospitals and the generals go to Bangkok instead.  I would think that the UAE and Kuwait would have good high end hospitals but I am guessing very expensive so better to fly to Bangkok. 

It wouldn't just be Bumrungrad taking the hit - the Bangkok Hospital Group (Bangkok Hospital, BNH Hospital (formely Bangkok Nursing Home Hospital), Samtivej, Phyathai, and Paolo Memorial hospitals) are also having financial hits as they also cater to medical tourism.

For UAE and Kuwaiti citizens (as well as all the Arabian Gulf Country citizens), medical care is free. The issue then is not the cost, but quality of care and other benefits. Most of the doctors in the major private hospitals (Burumgrad and Bangkok Hospital Group) are board certified, meaning they have taken their specialization certification in western countries. That is not the case for most Arabian Gulf doctors. In addition these hospitals also cater to the family - special Arabic food, interpreters, shopping trips, prayer rooms, etc.  However, there will likely be a decrease of medical tourism from the Arabian Gulf as long as the price of oil is this low. The governments will either stop paying for their citizens going on medical tourism or severely reduce the amount of reimbursement.

• Like 4

I'm not holding my breath on return. LoS is famous for tightening regs.  At this point I think you need an OK certificate (even tho you can get infected minutes upon leaving a Dr. office) and some very expensive health insurance proofs at least. With any luck their business groups will prevail upon them to make it possible for people other than the wealthy to begin to enter.  Then there's the getting IN part...wonder what cost will be when it does start again.

1 hour ago, JustSumGai said:

I'm not holding my breath on return. LoS is famous for tightening regs.  At this point I think you need an OK certificate (even tho you can get infected minutes upon leaving a Dr. office) and some very expensive health insurance proofs at least. With any luck their business groups will prevail upon them to make it possible for people other than the wealthy to begin to enter.  Then there's the getting IN part...wonder what cost will be when it does start again.

Geez JSG. I might as well jump off the bridge now. So bloody depressing reading your post.:sad0116:

You may be sort of right though.

11 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Geez JSG. I might as well jump off the bridge now. So bloody depressing reading your post.:sad0116:

I have a great idea for us forum Guy's we could pool resources & buy a couple of bunkers here https://www.terravivos.com/secure/vivosxpoint.htm   import our ladies and hold up until the Corona Virus departs   :biggrin:   :drinks:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

Those are temporary measures and will be replaced with less strict ones. Thailand's GDP from tourism is estimated to be between 9-17.7% - (likely an under estimate), so there is no way they would continue the strict measures for a long period of time and give up that kind of economic boost.

1 hour ago, BigTel said:

Flying into the height of madness: No checks on illegal BA holidaymakers leaving and none coming back as THOUSANDS arrive every day - no wonder we're the sick man of Europe!

There is a list of countries from which travellers are not admitted to Thailand.  Almost every country is on the list .

China and South Korea was just removed from the list.    However, international flights into Thailand are banned until the end of the month except for repatriated Thais who must quarantine, cargo, and some very limited exceptions which will not affect the general public.

Today was another day of no new cases reported in Thailand.  Most new cases are repatriated Thais.  There will be pressure from business interests to reopen the borders.  

The military tends to be socially conservative and I suspect that they will clamp down on prostitution in the name of social distancing.

Much of the economy is reopening tomorrow.  They had floated the idea of foot massage being permitted but that will probably have to wait until June 1st.  The beaches are still closed probably until June 1st.  Starting tomorrow, the curfew starts at 11PM instead of 10PM as workers in reopened businesses have to get home.   

When you enter a 7/11 an employee takes your temperature (you don't have to bring your own KY) and there is a sanitiser.   One 7/11 employee was daydreaming and sprayed sanitiser into a lady's eyes instead of taking her temperature.

Some sexy dancers have now taken jobs to shimmy up trees and cut durian.

durian2.jpeg

• Like 3