Coronavirus

seven

19 hours ago, xyzzy said:

My simple question is why weren't the Emergency Rooms and ICU beds not overwhelmed by at least the elderly and immune compromised if 50% had the virus. This was after all supposedly before anyone even knew much about the virus.  

So I feel the same way about Sweden. If Sweden is developing herd immunity why is the the medical system not overwhelmed. If two million of Sweden's 10 million people had contracted the virus, even over several months, the hospitals would be overrun. 

If you ask a nurse or a doc here they'll tell you here in Stockholm its pretty bad. The elderly cant  or couldn't be moved to hospitals as that would be the last trip they'd make. They're too weak.  Some hospitals were full. Its taking a toll on workers in the long run. 12-14 hour shifts and recently they were told they can forget summer holiday.

Problem is and was, the  homecare companies and their staff.  Its a free market these days, before it was the state health care, they employ very poorly educated people in just healthcare, low paid, some hardly speaks any swedish.  Swedes don't want these type of jobs as the privileged  middle class are too precious for cleaning jobs , drive taxis, long shift at hospitals. You get the drift, its capitalism in its most ugliest shape. Money is more important than lives.

They the staff  had no clue this stuff was going on as they don't follow the news or media. No protective gear and adequate training. I'm being kind in my description of these private owned companies who hire as little staff as possible to make big money from the tax financed health care system.  They are parasites, I hope they ...........of  ........with lots of agony,  and get....... up the ass right before. Twice.

What was the question again?  Herd immunity.  Yes, thats what we need before the vaccine is out. You can't lock up the virus, it would take months or even years, and no society will survive that.

Sorry for the rant. 

Happy workers day. May 1.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seven said:

Motherfuckers.

I saw that , it's at the weekend markets in bkk . I have been there many times so no more for me , it was a few years ago and I must say I didn't see Any of what was on the news only a few pets for sale like those silly fluffy  lap dogs .

21 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

I saw that , it's at the weekend markets in bkk . I have been there many times so no more for me , it was a few years ago and I must say I didn't see Any of what was on the news only a few pets for sale like those silly fluffy  lap dogs .

I think the point was that apart from fluffy lap dogs there were live animals like fish and chickens being sold for food alongside wild animals like lizards, frogs and parrots which could transmit infectious diseases which could then be passed on to humans.

On 4/30/2020 at 5:33 PM, seven said:

If you ask a nurse or a doc here they'll tell you here in Stockholm its pretty bad. The elderly cant  or couldn't be moved to hospitals as that would be the last trip they'd make. They're too weak.  Some hospitals were full. Its taking a toll on workers in the long run. 12-14 hour shifts and recently they were told they can forget summer holiday.

In the US we have completely screwed up nursing homes . Along with meat producing factories and prisons. Some states are still not reporting the number of cases specific in these type of places. In Ohio one prison with over 2000 inmates had an infection rate of around 70% plus 168 correctional facility workers. One US federal prison reported no inmate cases as they had performed no tests. :( But four of the workers there tested positive.

The county I live in, less than 1/2 million population, has reported around 350 cases and about 20 deaths. The next county over, and less populated by maybe 15%, has reported about 1800 cases and about 100 deaths. They have a meat producing plant that employs 6000 people. They closed the plant for a cleaning but apparently Trump says it's full speed ahead to meat producing plants.

My state did what was suppose to be a Phase One opening this week. You could pick up non essential items curb side from stores that were previously closed. No restaurant dine in or barbershops yet. I went out today and many stores were open that I didn't expect and the grocery stores were at nearly as full as a usually weekday. About 20% not wearing masks. The have been very slow for the last two weeks. It is 79F/26C today so the weather doesn't help cabin fever. If summer doesn't slow the spread of the virus I predict states like mine will start will suffer by the end of May (I'm not a doctor I just play one on the internet).     

On 4/30/2020 at 5:33 PM, seven said:

What was the question again?  Herd immunity.  Yes, thats what we need before the vaccine is out. You can't lock up the virus, it would take months or even years, and no society will survive that.

Sorry for the rant.

I have no problem with rants as I do them probably way too often. But I still have the same problem with herd immunity. All the people with herd immunity will have to have been infected. The latest population numbers I saw put Sweden's 2020 population around 10 million. How many will it take for herd immunity? If half the population were infected over a six/nine month period there would be a huge load on the medical system. You can't have infection without a certain number of people getting very sick. I therefore just don't believe in herd immunity unless one is willing to live with the resulting disaster. 

• Like 2

some worrying reports in todays new that the Covid virus has been found be in Semen from guys infected .... lets see how this pans out as it was a small study . should be in the news by monday. We thought HIV was bad enough. It appears that couples have aquired it through sex. So there may be guidlines not to have sex for a month if you have had it. anyway lets see what the boffins say and clarified what this is about

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 7:45 PM, strocube said:

Never said it wasn’t real; just that it’s being way overblown. The flu is real . . . It also looks to me that there are various nefarious agendas behind the global lockdown. 
Sweden did not wreck their economy and put their people through hell for the fucking flu. Millions did not die. This puts the lie to the entire FEAR NARRATIVE. 

I know guys in Sweden who had it. They said they thought they were going to die.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8302255/Travellers-quarantined-TWO-WEEKS-face-1-000-fines-break-rules.html

As much as I dislike Piers Morgan I have to agree with him on His Tweet.

All arrivals to Britain finally 'face quarantine' for TWO WEEKS and face £1,000 fines if they break rules under Boris' lock down exit plan

Piers Morgan tweeted: 'So we're doing this now, three months after the @WHO declared COVID-19 a global health emergency.. after we've let 100s of 1000s fly in from corona-ravaged countries with no checks... & after 55k+ people have already died in the UK? What a sick joke.'

• Like 3

Authoritarianism in the Age of Pseudoscience
https://off-guardian.org/2020/05/06/authoritarianism-in-the-age-of-pseudoscience/

“We need look no further than the current coronavirus issue to understand how vested interests are set to profit by spinning the crisis a certain way and how questionable science is again being used to pursue policies that are essentially ‘unscientific’ – governments, the police and the corporate media have become the arbiters of ‘truth’.”

Doctor lockdown, that assclown, Neil Ferguson, has resigned in disgrace. This is the EVIL PRICK upon whose computer model the global lockdown was based. Not only that, his model was total shit. 
Hypocrisy and incompetence much?  

Computer Model That Locked Down The World Turns Out To Be Shitcode

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/computer-model-locked-down-world-turns-out-be-shtcode

Neil Ferguson: UK coronavirus adviser resigns after breaking lockdown rules

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/05/uk-coronavirus-adviser-prof-neil-ferguson-resigns-after-breaking-lockdown-rules

13 hours ago, The-Sith said:

I know guys in Sweden who had it. They said they thought they were going to die.

Yes, and sadly more people have died in Sweden than England. But the thing is, contrary to the various models that have since been walked back or refuted by the facts, millions have not died. 
Life is risk, innit. 

19 hours ago, Tomcat said:

the Covid virus has been found be in Semen from guys infected

Thats it then? Why couldn't we like pussy? We have to go back eating fish tacos.

15 hours ago, The-Sith said:

Yup. All who have covid here dies. No one recovers. We're dropping like flies. We should've locked everything down.

3 hours ago, strocube said:

Neil Ferguson

A true hypocrite. He ordered lockdown, but had a bootycall himself.

2 hours ago, strocube said:

Yes, and sadly more people have died in Sweden than England.

3220 have died from confirmed cases of covid. I think the seasonal flu takes around 2000 each year.

• Like 1

This Virus has  along way to run yet ... probably years...anyway excess deaths are all that matter really so best wait until Xmas and lets see how it pans  out... a truer picture will emerge im sure

When the Autumn comes and more people are indoors this plague will return

• Upvote 1

" under the skin " surveillance may define this epidemic . by this time next year or maybe the year after we will all have to download an APP of some kind that does more than track and trace. When the history books are written this may figure as part of the new world order for better or worse . I bet the tech guys are as busy on this as the boffins are studying the virus... we will have to see. If the Vaccine makes a no show then tech will be the only way out

Sweden admits failure to protect elderly in care homes

Sweden, whose softer virus approach has garnered international attention, admits it has failed to adequately protect the elderly, with around half of COVID-19 deaths occurring among nursing home residents.

Stockholm (AFP) - Bjorn Branngard's mother died in a Stockholm nursing home where five of the eight people in her section and more than a third of residents have so far succumbed to the new coronavirus.

"They didn't have time to take care of my mother," he told AFP.

Her coronavirus test came back negative two days after her death, but Branngard, who claims she died of neglect, says the nursing home staff lacked protective gear and were spreading the virus around the home.

Sweden, whose softer approach to the coronavirus has garnered international attention, admits it has failed to adequately protect the elderly, with around half of COVID-19 deaths occurring among nursing home residents.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-admits-failure-protect-elderly-care-homes-024202762.html

Coronavirus takes a toll in Sweden's immigrant community

The coronavirus has taken a disproportionate toll among Sweden's immigrants. Many in these communities are more likely to live in crowded households and are unable to work remotely. There also are concerns the message has not reached everyone in immigrant neighborhoods.

STOCKHOLM (AP) — The flight from Italy was one of the last arrivals that day at the Stockholm airport. A Swedish couple in their 50s walked up and loaded their skis into Razzak Khalaf's taxi.

It was early March and concerns over the coronavirus were already present, but the couple, both coughing for the entire 45-minute journey, assured Khalaf they were healthy and just suffering from a change in the weather. Four days later, the Iraqi immigrant got seriously ill with COVID-19.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-takes-toll-swedens-immigrant-062428162.html

d0f34bf63d1d231423e37f3721200bbba89881e9.jpg

In greater Stockholm, the epicentre of Sweden's virus spread, 55 percent of nursing homes, where unions say some 40 percent of staff are unskilled workers on short-term contracts, have confirmed COVID-19 cases, local authorities say

c5ed685a37ee382c0f82bca3ff877cf9.jpegA young couple walks along a bridge in Rinkeby-Kista borough in Stockholm, Sweden, Tuesday, April 28, 2020. The coronavirus has taken a disproportionate toll among Sweden's immigrants. Many in these communities are more likely to live in crowded households and are unable to work remotely. There also are concerns the message has not reached everyone in immigrant neighborhoods.

8787674bf7289e0b6e2437a4b34fc7ef.jpegHairdresser Hasan Derek, 36, from Syria, cuts the hair of a customer who was originally from Kurdistan, in his hair salon in Akalla, Rinkeby-Kista borough, Stockholm, Sweden, Tuesday, April 28, 2020. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seven said:

admits it has failed to adequately protect the elderly, with around half of COVID-19 deaths occurring among nursing home residents.

That has been a big issue here also.  A significant percentage of deaths have occurred in nursing homes in comparison to the population in general.  The Chief Medical Officer has been running the show and the politicians have kept out of it except when making decisions and announcements based on his advice.  This has now resulted in an R number of about 0.5, so all going to plan it will continue the decline of the spread.   We are still in lockdown till 18 May when phase 1 of a 5 step plan to return to the new normal begins.  Each stage will kick in after a period of 3 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bumblebee said:

That has been a big issue here also.  A significant percentage of deaths have occurred in nursing homes in comparison to the population in general.  The Chief Medical Officer has been running the show and the politicians have kept out of it except when making decisions and announcements based on his advice.  This has now resulted in an R number of about 0.5, so all going to plan it will continue the decline of the spread.   We are still in lockdown till 18 May when phase 1 of a 5 step plan to return to the new normal begins.  Each stage will kick in after a period of 3 weeks.

Where are you bumblebee?