Coronavirus

seven

5 hours ago, strocube said:

“Now in the good old days, I would walk or ride home from school, dump my bag in the house then off to play with the other kids in the street. We would go for miles without our parents worrying about what we were up to. Go home for dinner, then back out again. We were as fit as Mally bulls and not one fatty amongst us. Things are not like they were and never will be. Just a fact of life I guess.” Me too! Same, same. I remember groups if us kids going for miles on our bikes, drinking out of garden hoses, exploring, playing, and just being kids. I was a free range kid and I feel sorry for kids who don’t get to experience that. 
Glad you liked the piece. To be clear, I did not write it. That was Charles Eisenstein.  Yes, it’s long, but I thought, well worth the read. Besides, wtf else you got going on? 
Cheers 

Yep, those days are gone.

I did read the link at the top and realized you were not the writer

8 hours ago, Woodie said:

I was watching a Trump preaching going on the other day when he was stuttering through talking about people ordering food and having it delivered etc.. 

I take it this is the same Trump who reportedly eats three MacDonalds' cheeseburgers every night while watching tv (Fox News?) in bed.

This is what I call a Hero :drinks:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8183627/Italian-nurse-pictured-asleep-desk-coronavirus-shift-reveals-Covid-19.html

An Italian nurse who was pictured slumped over her desk during a long shift has revealed she tested positive for coronavirus shortly after the snap was taken, but said she 'can't wait to get back' to work.

Elena Pagliarini, 43, became a symbol of the Italian health workers' efforts when a picture of her asleep still in her gloves, masks, scrubs and headgear at a Cremona hospital was heavily shared three weeks ago. 

Five days after the photograph was taken the nurse tested positive for coronavirus.

She has now recovered and is eager to get back to work, telling Italian news site Cremonasipuò.it: 'I can't wait to get back.' 

26763164-8183627-image-m-34_1585904014596.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

strocube, I wonder how do you know the conspiracy news you accept as true is true? What is it that makes you believe it 100%, other than the fact that it makes you feel good that some one else believes the same thing as you do?

I know the news I read from CBC, MSN, CNN, Fox (for comparison purposes only), is slanted so I also look at Al Jazeera, NPR, Russia Today,  etc. to try and get a balanced view as the truth may be somewhere in between.

The pandemic conspiracy article you posted - do you think the affected countries other than Korea had enough preparation and test kits could have enacted the same stategy Korea did, but willing did not, to order social distancing and isolation to "seize" control? Do you think that the shortages that countries have like the US and Italy are reporting for protective masks, ventilators are faked like the "moon landings"? The body bags and refrigerator trucks some New York hospitals are using are staged by a Hollywood production company?

I am curious as what makes you think those are all fake, and what you find as "news" is true.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rxpharm said:

strocube, I wonder how do you know the conspiracy news you accept as true is true? What is it that makes you believe it 100%, other than the fact that it makes you feel good that some one else believes the same thing as you do?

I know the news I read from CBC, MSN, CNN, Fox (for comparison purposes only), is slanted so I also look at Al Jazeera, NPR, Russia Today,  etc. to try and get a balanced view as the truth may be somewhere in between.

The pandemic conspiracy article you posted - do you think the affected countries other than Korea had enough preparation and test kits could have enacted the same stategy Korea did, but willing did not, to order social distancing and isolation to "seize" control? Do you think that the shortages that countries have like the US and Italy are reporting for protective masks, ventilators are faked like the "moon landings"? The body bags and refrigerator trucks some New York hospitals are using are staged by a Hollywood production company?

I am curious as what makes you think those are all fake, and what you find as "news" is true.

Wow, where to even begin with this?  First of all, I do not BELIEVE anything. How has anything I’ve said or posted suggest to you that I “believe” anything 100%? To your other question/accusation, I could not possibly care less what anyone believes. I have gotten used to being “tinfoil hat guy.” I am not bothered by what people believe, nor what they might think of me. I have my suspicions and opinions about things, but that is not the same as belief. Belief is the death of reason. I will admit right here that I really have no idea exactly wtf is going on with this Covid-19 hysteria. And let me add, neither do you, nor any of us. What I do know for a fact is that the MSM are liars. The examples of this are everywhere so I will not include any links or site sources. Since they are liars, I am immediately highly suspicious of ANYTHING they say. Simple. 
Also, I am suspicious of authority and rebellious by nature. Been this way since I was born. By way of example, when I was 11 I told God to fuck off and do his worst. I was not buying the Catholic bullshit, fear and guilt that I was raised with. 
Not sure which article you’re referring to; I’ve posted a few. If you site which article, then I can respond to that directly. 

I post these pieces with the idea of offering an alternative to the MSM narrative. If you find them offensive, then ignore them. Up to you. If you find they resonate with your own experiences and observations, then great. You might use them to try and construct a model of reality for yourself that is in alignment with your own reason and intuition. This is what I try to do instead of swallowing MSM narratives unquestioningly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, strocube said:

Also, I am suspicious of authority and rebellious by nature. Been this way since I was born. By way of example, when I was 11 I told God to fuck off 

I feel the same... the Govts will take advantage .. , if they try to carry this lockdown for a year , as some suggest , there will be civil unrest on massive scale

• Upvote 1

Thailand suspends incoming passenger flights to fight coronavirus

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will temporarily ban all passenger flights from landing in the country to curb the outbreak of the new coronavirus, the country's aviation agency said on Friday.

The ban on incoming flights will come into effect on Saturday morning and run until the end of Monday, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand said in an order published late on Friday.

Anyone arriving on a flight that took off before the order came into effect will need to be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival in Thailand, the order said.

It came just hours after a commotion at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport when more than 100 Thai nationals arrived on different flights on Friday, a Thai immigration officer told Reuters.

"A public health officer allowed them to quarantine themselves at home. There was a commotion because they said they weren't aware they had to be put in a state quarantine," the officer said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-suspends-incoming-passenger-flights-184639352.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomcat said:

I feel the same... the Govts will take advantage .. , if they try to carry this lockdown for a year , as some suggest , there will be civil unrest on massive scale

I really can’t see this nonsense going for a year. That might be pushing the herd too hard. Cracks are already starting to show. 
Guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

We are hard bastards in Stockport :wink:, don't know her unfortunately but I wouldn't mind having a brew with the tough old bird , respect :good:

Huzzah for the granny and her marmalade samichez!  Props to the bin workers (garbage men/persons/entities/whatever) as we call them. 

On 3/29/2020 at 12:27 AM, seven said:

don't even want to to think about what India has coming.

One video, which has gone viral, showed a mob throwing stones at two female doctors wearing personal protective equipment in the central city of Indore.

The doctors had gone to a densely-populated area to check on a woman suspected of having Covid-19 when they came under attack.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52151141

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52147260

6 minutes ago, xyzzy said:

Finally the truth. Well you do believe in posting a link to a very long article and then posting the whole damn thing.

Should I just post the link then and not the entire article? Easier to do it that way, actually. 

3 minutes ago, strocube said:

Should I just post the link then and not the entire article? Easier to do it that way, actually. 

I personally usually post a link and then maybe the first paragraph if it's interesting enough. Sometimes just a link and headline. But up to you. Do we have a conspiracy theory thread here?

1 hour ago, strocube said:

Thanks. Think I’ll go with just the link and a headline or a catchy quote from now on. 
Yes, rxpharm started a conspiracy thread. 

strocube, you'll like this one: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/coronavirus-signal-capitalism-200330092216678.html

Will coronavirus signal the end of capitalism?

We can only hope

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, seven said:

strocube, you'll like this one: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/coronavirus-signal-capitalism-200330092216678.html

Will coronavirus signal the end of capitalism?

We can only hope

Thanks, man. Excellent piece.

“If the great plague of the 14th century triggered a post-feudal imagination, it is possible - and desirable - that this one triggers a post-capitalist imagination. And fast.”  Let’s hope so. The thing that worries me is that the very same nefarious pricks running the capitalist shitshow will be running the “post capitalist” shitshow. I am more of an anarchist in my heart of hearts. I am a bit ambivalent about communism. I think the right is correct in their critique of government and the left is correct in their critique of business and capitalism. This tends to leave one in a bit of an ambivalent position. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, strocube said:

I am more of an anarchist in my heart of hearts.

Same here. If we don't do away with the current system now, it will be hell to pay.

In the 14th century, once the mass death phase of the plague was over, that is exactly what the feudal elites tried to do: to reimpose their old privileges and traditions and economic logic - on a population that had just lived through the most traumatic event imaginable.

_____

If we follow the orthodox economic playbook now, just as after 2008, once the crisis is over, political elites will call for more austerity - healthcare cuts, wage cuts and tax rises for ordinary people to reduce government spending and erode the debt pile.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, seven said:

Same here. If we don't do away with the current system now, it will be hell to pay.

In the 14th century, once the mass death phase of the plague was over, that is exactly what the feudal elites tried to do: to reimpose their old privileges and traditions and economic logic - on a population that had just lived through the most traumatic event imaginable.

_____

If we follow the orthodox economic playbook now, just as after 2008, once the crisis is over, political elites will call for more austerity - healthcare cuts, wage cuts and tax rises for ordinary people to reduce government spending and erode the debt pile.

I totally agree, the current system is rotten to the core and needs to go, like yesterday. The thing is, there are groups of very powerful and psychopathic people lined up to make sure that they stay in positions of power. This does not bode well for the rest of us. 
It seems that things are up for grabs and we won’t know how this current situation will play out for a while yet. I sincerely hope we come out of the the other side of this thing with a far more equatable, humane, sustainable, and just system than the one that is currently in its death throes. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, strocube said:

The thing is, there are groups of very powerful and psychopathic people lined up to make sure that they stay in positions of power. This does not bode well for the rest of us. 
It seems that things are up for grabs and we won’t know how this current situation will play out for a while yet.

Exactly. I'm not very hopeful though. The elite and rich have too much to lose, and will do anything to keep the masses down, lifelong IOUs seems to be what they'll feed the people.  And theres no one ready to challenge this and take the fight, instead we have celebrities full of themselves singing Imagine together. Some protest, huh.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, seven said:

One video, which has gone viral, showed a mob throwing stones at two female doctors wearing personal protective equipment in the central city of Indore.

The doctors had gone to a densely-populated area to check on a woman suspected of having Covid-19 when they came under attack.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52151141

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52147260

after seeing this , let india die pull all good health workers out . I am sorry guys if this is mean but if they act like this , the good health workers need to move on.