Coronavirus

seven

22 hours ago, Sylvester said:

You do realize that the Washington Examiner is a political digital tabloid? It is hardly a reliable source of factual news. Its target audience are politically conservatives who gobble up conspiracy theories 

Well, unfortunately these sources aren't, but quite the opposite. Very depressing read:

Here's How China Is Rewriting the History of the Coronavirus Pandemic to Make Itself the Hero

The Chinese government has waged a months-long disinformation campaign to portray itself as the country that defeated the virus, when it attempted to hide it for months.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8843dz/heres-how-china-is-rewriting-the-history-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-to-make-itself-the-hero

1585589632630-china-doctors.jpeg

Wuhan Residents Dismiss Official Coronavirus Death Toll: ‘The Incinerators Have Been Working Around the Clock’

Wuhan residents are increasingly skeptical of the Chinese Communist Party’s reported coronavirus death count of approximately 2,500 deaths in the city to date, with most people believing the actual number is at least 40,000.

“Maybe the authorities are gradually releasing the real figures, intentionally or unintentionally, so that people will gradually come to accept the reality,” a Wuhan resident, who gave only his surname Mao, told Radio Free Asia.

A city source added that, based on the aggregation of funeral and cremation numbers, authorities likely know the real number and are keeping it under wraps.

“Every funeral home reports data on cremations directly to the authorities twice daily,” the source said. “This means that each funeral home only knows how many cremations it has conducted, but not the situation at the other funeral homes.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-residents-dismiss-official-coronavirus-164859600.html

040c298ae67e28e92ae21400f48c0d70.jpg

Wuhan's death toll could be astronomically higher than the Chinese government has reported, some residents say

Almost a week has passed since a case of the novel coronavirus has been reported in Wuhan, China, where the viral outbreak began late last year before sweeping the world. Coronavirus cases are flattening off across China, Reuters reported on Monday.

But some Wuhan residents believe that government officials have not accurately counted the number of deaths from the coronavirus. The majority of China's cases were reported in Wuhan, with more than 67,000 people contracting the virus in the province of Hubei.

According to the Mail on Sunday, the British government is furious with China, accusing it of underreporting its number of cases. The newspaper, which cited unnamed sources, said scientists told UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson that China could have downplayed its number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus "by a factor of 15 to 40 times."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhans-death-toll-could-astronomically-204533948.html

16200856889d0df098eff5617be09748.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seven said:

Well, unfortunately these sources aren't, but quite the opposite. Very depressing read:

Here's How China Is Rewriting the History of the Coronavirus Pandemic to Make Itself the Hero

The Chinese government has waged a months-long disinformation campaign to portray itself as the country that defeated the virus, when it attempted to hide it for months.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8843dz/heres-how-china-is-rewriting-the-history-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-to-make-itself-the-hero

1585589632630-china-doctors.jpeg

I don’t believe anything from the Chinese government. I’m sure the situation in China is worse than what they claim. 

• Like 2

Wuhan's Crematoriums Are Filling Thousands of Urns With Coronavirus Remains Each Day

Wuhan residents are waiting for hours in line to pick up the remains of their loved ones.

The Chinese government insists that the death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan is 2,535. But last week, 5,000 urns were delivered to a single Wuhan crematorium in just two days. 

The crematorium is one of seven in Wuhan.

Now, as restrictions on residents’ movements are eased in Wuhan, thousands of people are making the grim journey to funeral homes across the city to pick up their loved ones’ remains.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/88435z/wuhans-crematoriums-are-filling-thousands-of-urns-with-coronavirus-remains-each-day

1585569451469-AP_20090262157088.jpeg

• Like 1

I agree that China and Iran's CV 19 infection and death rates are almost certainly deliberately understated.

But that is probably the case elsewhere too. Italy and France have admitted that their reported death rates do not include people who died in their homes or in nursing homes. Only those who died in hospitals.

1 minute ago, Quietguy said:

I agree that China and Iran's CV 19 infection and death rates are almost certainly deliberately understated.

But that is probably the case elsewhere too. Italy and France have admitted that their reported death rates do not include people who died in their homes or in nursing homes. Only those who died in hospitals.

Huge difference, no?

• Like 1

Tencent the Chinese Tech Company did some research and on Feb 6 stated that 26,000 had C19 in Wuhan . The Chinese Govt stated the figure was 300 and Tencent had to edit the figure quickly

The truth is out there somewhere

• Like 1

The Daily Telegraph Editorial states that if the wet markets are not banned with all haste the next mutation could really wipe us all out ...

China will become a pariah state or perhaps now is already in this Hall of Fame... 

• Like 1

I am no fan of the Chinese government. It’s essentially totalitarian. Right-wing Trumpsters and other misguided nationalist meatheads are gleefully seizing this opportunity to consume and regurgitate the misguided and misinformed reactionary nonsense coming from the US and continental alt-right media machine/industry.. This is unfortunate but hardly surprising, coming from those who seek their news and information from sources which confirm their biases and prejudices.

Speaking of China, I have done some international teaching in the not too distant past and I am still a member of several international teaching job sites. I have received several dozen emails over the past few weeks from schools in China desperate to fill vacancies In China. Thanks but no thanks.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

where did my new hairstyle come from? !!!

and...don't talk to me about that gel alcohol hand stuff. i saw some going free in 7-11 a  few days ago, i.e a free dab on the counter. So heeding QGs dire warnings about the end of the human race if you don't use the stuff... i gave it a go. Not realising that it was 70% alcohol. i'm allergic to alcohol, can't even use an alcohol based deodorant. ... So at the moment my hands look as though they have been dipped in boiling water.

thanks QG!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

i guess her famous shorts would be a bit useless though....

Having them wrapped around your face might just be the only way out of the Village of the Damned.  No danger of asphyxiation as the slits in those shorts  gives you plenty of breathing room provided she's not in the said shorts.   

• Like 1

P Is For Pandemic (And Populist Rage)

(More like Plandemic)

Also, “A violent psychopath tells you there is an "invisible enemy" that's going to kill you and your family and the only way to fight it is to give that psychopath absolute control over your life. And you do it without question. That's why violent psychopaths will always rise to power, à la the "War on Terror", "War on Drugs", the new "War on Pandemics", because you know we have to be on "War Footing"! and it is always...the War On Us.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/p-pandemic-and-populist-rage

• Like 2