Coronavirus

seven

1 hour ago, alaskanbear said:

Those are only the ones that're confirmed, so most likely they got it a week or 10 days ago. The actual # will be much much higher.

Remember people can not show symptoms for up to 14 days or worse not have symptoms but be a carrier.

Sweden under fire for 'relaxed' coronavirus approach – here's the science behind it

A growing number of Swedish doctors and scientists are raising alarm over the Swedish government’s approach to COVID-19. Unlike its Nordic neighbours, Sweden has adopted a relatively relaxed strategy, seemingly assuming that overreaction is more harmful than under-reaction.

People now are taking sides, with some arguing that publicly criticising the authorities only serves to undermine public trust at a time when this is so badly needed. Others are convinced that Sweden is hurtling toward a disaster of biblical proportions and that the direction of travel must change. The truth is that of all these opinions, none is derived from direct experience of a global pandemic. No one knows for sure what lies ahead.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-under-fire-relaxed-coronavirus-134027070.html

• Like 1

:character00274:  We are all DOOMED I say DOOMED , grab your wife , girlfriend or both and run for the hills B) .

It's the plague. 

Sorry guys but let's do a reality check,  how many people die in world every day from all sorts of things and NO one ever mentions that and yet a new strain of basically the  common cold turns up and the world goes into melt down ...its not Ebola FFS .

Sure  yak yak me if you like, its  just my opinion .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, stoolpusher said:

do a reality check

I agree.

I just read this on THE FORUM this disease either kills you, or damages you for life. Even those with mild symptoms have lung damage.

Its either a wind up or written by some very ignorant/religious person. Typical fear mongering. There are many who have recovered  without damages for life.  

To write shit like this is part of the problem. Ignorance.

Excellent article:

China’s Lies, and Ours

This is a tale of two governments. Both were faced with a potential disaster — a new and deadly epidemic. Both made choices that the world will judge.

China. Relentless propaganda lauding Premier Xi’s great leadership in fighting the coronavirus may succeed with many Chinese. Will the world remember the criminal dishonesty that arguably unleashed this pestilence?

USA. By consistently downplaying and denying the seriousness of the threat, President Trump cost the American people precious time. By encouraging a false sense of security, he prevented the federal, state, and local governments from gearing up for the worst emergency we have faced in 100 years. Will the world remember the dishonesty that permitted this pestilence to hit us so very hard?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-lies-ours-103027795.html

14 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

:character00274:  We are all DOOMED I say DOOMED , grab your wife , girlfriend or both and run for the hills B) .

It's the plague. 

Sorry guys but let's do a reality check,  how many people die in world every day from all sorts of things and NO one ever mentions that and yet a new strain of basically the  common cold turns up and the world goes into melt down ...its not Ebola FFS .

Sure  yak yak me if you like, its  just my opinion .

How dare you question the dominant FEAR NARRATIVE!? You, sir are a thought criminal and clearly in need of quarantine, stat!
I agree, man. I think we’re being scammed and royally fucked with. I am not saying there is no virus, or that the virus is a complete fabrication. But I am saying, I think think this thing is being blown out of proportion to deliberately ratchet up the hysteria. Fear keeps people compliant and unquestioning. This serves various elite agendas. Mostly it distracts from the giant money grab going on in the form of “bail outs.” This thing is also a convenient pretext for total police state clampdown on the people. You think them authoritarian pig bastards are gonna wanna give up their new powers after this thing has subsided? 

• Like 2

Here's a serious story from India, about how just one person can affect thousands of others by not self-isolating

• A coronavirus "super-spreader" who refused to self-isolate prompted the quarantine of about tens of thousands, officials said.
  • The "super-spreader" did not self-quarantine after traveling to Italy and Germany, and attended a large Sikh festival in India in mid-March.
  • The man died shortly after the festival, and was posthumously diagnosed with the novel coronavirus.
  • His diagnosis prompted officials to lock down 20 neighboring villages in northern India in a bid to contain the spread.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

A coronavirus "super-spreader" who refused to self-isolate after traveling prompted the quarantine of about 40,000 people in India, officials said.

Residents from 20 villages in northern India have been quarantined after coming in contact with a 70-year-old man at a Sikh festival of Hola Mohalla, which attracts about 10,000 per day of the six-day festival in mid-March, BBC reported.

The man refused to self-quarantine after traveling back to India from Italy and Germany, according to the BBC report. He died shortly after the festival and was posthumously diagnosed with the coronavirus. 

BBC reported that a week after his death, 19 of his relatives tested positive for the coronavirus, which causes a respiratory disease known as COVID-19.

"So far, we have been able to trace 550 people who came into direct contact with him and the number is growing. We have sealed 15 villages around the area he stayed," an official told BBC. Another five adjoining villages were later put on lockdown as well. 

The coronavirus has infected more than half a million people worldwide, and the global death toll has surpassed 27,000. In India alone, the country has nearly 900 cases and 20 deaths, but with one of the lowest testing rates in the world, experts believe the figures could be much higher, BBC reported.

India imposed a nationwide lockdown for 21 days earlier this week, impacting 1.3 billion people.

"There will be a total ban on venturing out of your homes," India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in a televised address, though residents are still able to buy essentials like medicine and food.

Yes, it's all a grand conspiracy and overblown, over hyped! (NOT!)

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

There are reports that massage girl in Pattaya was infected by a Swede.

Yep, them dirty foreigners. Ban em! Only allow chinese and indians to enter Thailand in the future.

42 minutes ago, rxpharm said:

Here's a serious story from India, about how just

Just read about this. Scary.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, seven said:

Yep, them dirty foreigners. Ban em!

You know I can honestly see international travel having more precautionary guidelines in the future like.. requiring 7 day stay in isolation hotel before boarding flights and after arriving from flights becoming the norm. And hotels will make a killing on it so capitalists will be all for it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

You know I can honestly see international travel having more precautionary guidelines in the future like.. requiring 7 day stay in isolation hotel before boarding flights and after arriving from flights becoming the norm. And hotels will make a killing on it so capitalists will be all for it.

Fuck that for a game of Soldiers , I will head to Blackpool or Skegness instead B)

1 hour ago, Ashoka said:

Sure, capitalism is evil and they'll find a way to capitalise on covid-19 no doubt, but not like this I hope. I read a piece on how the financial game will might be completely changed after all this and it wasn't all bad.

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

Fuck that for a game of Soldiers , I will head to Blackpool or Skegness instead B)

9 minutes ago, seven said:

Sure, capitalism is evil and they'll find a way to capitalise on covid-19 no doubt, but not like this I hope. I read a piece on how the financial game will might be completely changed after all this and it wasn't all bad.

I hope I'm wrong. I truly do.

But I'm very skeptical about the capitalists who look for mass profits out of every situation and they tend to have the politicians in their pocket to make laws that favor them.

Here's an excellent video from Asian Boss interviewing Korea's top infectious disease doctor, Dr. Kim from Korea University Goru Hospital.

I highly recommend watching this and very interesting differences regarding advice about mask use vs: Western countries - I think he is probably correct.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1