Coronavirus

seven

52 minutes ago, Tomcat said:

Hey , better go to specsavers , i never even claimed this was a fact. These are guys are from Oxford Uni and probably left wing loonies and not Trump supporters

You keep posting this crap and i will respond ad infinitum

Sorry as I read what you originally posted I took you to be more serious about the report than you apparently were. 

4 minutes ago, seven said:

We've had that clapping for awhile now at 8 o'clock. I didn't know what it was at first but thought it was a crazy person on the balcony.

:blink:

Don't forget the fireworks :wink:

I could hear both both as I was also one 'applauding' on my doorstep at 8pm in respect of the NHS and those that work for them (myself and my Father owe our lives to them). 

Most of us British folk are very proud of our Nation so 

God Save the NHS and our Queen :love0029:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Most of us British folk are very proud of our Nation so 

Yeah, here too. I actually clapped a little.  People in healthcare are the heroes. Now if only elderly people and millennials could give a fuck and start to behave and think about someone other than themselves. They're behaving like selfish assholes here.

4 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Save the NHS

Agreed.

Sweden and Denmark, the neighbours at opposite ends of the coronavirus fight

Only an 8-kilometre bridge separates neighbours Sweden and Denmark, but while the streets of the Danish capital Copenhagen lie deserted, life in Swedish city Malmo rumbles on as the countries adopt starkly different approaches in fighting the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-denmark-neighbours-opposite-ends-141401676.html

• Like 3

Interesting to see the different approaches there Seven.  In Ireland now all non essential businesses are closed more or less along with all schools, colleges etc.  Restaurants can only sell takeaways if they have a licence for such.   Non family gatherings are limited to 4 people, but we can still go out whenever we wish.  But towns and cities are dead, people are staying at home for the most part and observing social distancing of 2 metres/ 6 feet. Although I live in a town there is plenty of countryside right beside us, so easy enough to get out and away from people in a few mins.  Yesterday the other half and I spend a few relaxing hours in the sun at this spot, a nice short break from the madness that surrounds us all at the moment.

6660DD89-33E7-4431-85DF-6C6231F2E67B.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

The UK police have now begun pulling up people and motorists to ask them why they are out. Emergency laws brought in today mean that people who are ignoring advice about going out can be fined, with increasing fines for further violations.

I haven't been out for a week now. I don't each much, I've still got enough food to keep me going for a few days.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Interesting to see the different approaches there

Reading that piece gives a slightly wrong picture of how things are here. Streets aren't "full of people" its actually very quiet.

There are some inconsiderate muppets around sure, but I'd say most take this very serious. I don't know what is the best approach

but the chief epidemiologist quoted is a very wise man who I fully trust. The complete opposite of Trump or Boris, if you will.

Intelligent, low key, factual, unbiased civil servant doing his job for all of the citizens best. I'm truly happy we have him.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

The UK police have now begun pulling up people and motorists to ask them why they are out. Emergency laws brought in today mean that people who are ignoring advice about going out can be fined, with increasing fines for further violations.

I haven't been out for a week now. I don't each much, I've still got enough food to keep me going for a few days.  

I was going to out later today to get the family car washed and the tyre pressures checked, looks like it will be staying put instead now :biggrin:

• Like 1

Just know how you feel

Told my friend Tong I will Tin Tong in 3 months time

even though i have got work to do, Netflix, Amazon, TV and Kindle

oh for a beautiful long haired thai boy/girl in a short skirt and heels

oh yes still have my dreams

22 minutes ago, duke007 said:

1585314945782.jpg