Coronavirus

seven

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Dukey, I'm talking about Witherspoon's on Buakhao in the pic BB jsut posted. I think you posted about Wetherspoons earlier.

Yeah sorry PD, didnt notice the different spelling :laugh:, been out for a few bevvies before with a mate in an aptly named boozer :rolleye0012:

IMG_20200319_140148.jpg

IMG_20200319_140217.jpg

• Like 1

All restaurants (except for takeout and delivery), bars, theaters and gyms are closed in my state. Fortunately I have an aerobic exercise machine in my living room. It helps with the calories from all the booze and frozen pizzas I have stuffed in my fridge. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, xyzzy said:

All restaurants (except for takeout and delivery), bars, theaters and gyms are closed in my state. Fortunately I have an aerobic exercise machine in my living room. It helps with the calories from all the booze and frozen pizzas I have stuffed in my fridge. 

Well at least you can still have a cock fight if you can find a willing ladyboy in your neck of the woods.

By virtue of Article 35 of the Communicable Disease Act B.E. 2015, all service establishments under the law shall be closed in all Chonburi province facilities. Including shops, establishments for health Health massage activities, spas and beauty-related activities, movie theaters, theaters, locations for cock-fighting And boxing everywhere Temporarily refrain from organizing activities with large numbers of people at high risk for the spread of the Covid 19 virus. From 18-31 March 2020, as has been reported.

• Like 2

Good morning my confined friends , I do hope you all are getting by ok.! Yesterday I had to go out for a couple of items at my local grocery store Fred Meyers and this is what I found at 8am store opened at 7am. The freight grew fully stocked the shelves before opening and the parking lot was mostly empty . So this happened at opening and just before I arrived . Mind you as I reported only 6 have been reported here in Alaska. 

thumbnail (1).jfif thumbnail (2).jfif thumbnail (3).jfif thumbnail (4).jfif

10 minutes ago, alaskanbear said:

not sure why my photos came out like this ..

I see they are jfif files which I had not heard of till a few minutes ago.  From reading this it looks like they may not open.

You're here because you have a file that has a file extension ending in .jfif. Files with the file extension .jfif can only be launched by certain applications. It's possible that .jfif files are data files rather than documents or media, which means they're not meant to be viewed at all.

https://www.reviversoft.com/file-extensions/jfif

27 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

I see they are jfif files which I had not heard of till a few minutes ago.  From reading this it looks like they may not open.

You're here because you have a file that has a file extension ending in .jfif. Files with the file extension .jfif can only be launched by certain applications. It's possible that .jfif files are data files rather than documents or media, which means they're not meant to be viewed at all.

https://www.reviversoft.com/file-extensions/jfif

it was made by my iphone not sure why i never had this before .  sorry guys

Ok, I go first;

Looking at the photos from TJs thread, is the mongering still going on in Pattaya as if nothing happened?

Are the mongers that stupid or simply don't give a shit about anything or anyone but themselves?

I suspect both.

Maybe they wore facemasks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, seven said:

Ok, I go first;

Looking at the photos from TJs thread, is the mongering still going on in Pattaya as if nothing happened?

Are the mongers that stupid or simply don't give a shit about anything or anyone but themselves?

I suspect both.

Maybe they wore facemasks.

IF they are anything like the punks that disregarded distancing in the us and went nuts on spring break in florida i say both as well.

I wounder how many of these kids are now spreading Covid 19 everywhere ?

Well am now now on my second week of lock down

My daughter has just recovered from the virus, caught from her BF on his return from skiing in Austria.

She says worst 8 days she has had for long time, raging temperatures, so hot making her sick, tired and the cough so bad her muscles hurt. She did not go to the Doctors nor reported it, so there are 2 more to UK totals. She is 39 and he is old being 50. I gather it leaves people very much knackered and slowing down.

I cannot help thinking about the comments on here in January laughing it off and I am having my holiday come what may - well amazing what a few weeks will do.

Now to one or two of you who, still are making the point about us oldies, going shopping 3 times a day instead of one etc., well if you were over 65, you would like most of the people I know, be very scared. Trying very hard not to go shopping at all. I have cancelled all appointments, even the doctors have cancelled my blood tests for next week.

My cardiac nurse, told me no pubs, no meetings and no sport. But you can go shopping wear gloves and avoid other people. After taking off the gloves, wash your hands very well.

Now of course a lot of us old useless people would not have to go to the shops so often, if many of the young people were not buying so much in one go. Crazy had to go to three stores to get some eggs. Tesco no bread, no eggs, no milk, no wipes, no hand sanitizers, no toilet rolls, shortage of veg and meat. The co-op the same, got everything I wanted from a local convenience store, hope they do real well.

The press have a lot of responsibility, they created the panic buying by showing empty sheves in London, while where I live no problems, two days later the whole country has empty shelves.

Also, someone had a pop at Boris, I am not a conservative, he got elected to Get Brexit Done, he did not expect two huge floods and the virus. I think he comes across as a Leader and gives an impression he is in control. Wonder what would have happened if May was still in charge or even worse Mr Corbyn.

So I wish everyone to be safe, keep well, remember to help us old useless old ones.

May be one day we can have a beer in a bar with lots of beautiful girly/boys around - well even us old ones can dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I've stayed in Tuesday-Thursday but had to go out to shop today. I went to LIDL first, shelves still largely empty though LIDL are limiting shoppers to a maximum of 2 of any item.

There was still large queues so I didn't bother to try to buy anything. Went to Marks & Spencers next. There was a lot of food available but again long queues so again I didn't bother.

Next was Waitrose, some stuff like pasta and bread sold out but I got last pack of 4 bread rolls and half a dozen eggs, and some double cream for my morning coffee.

I'll stay indoors over the weekend and probably try to buy some stuff on Monday. It will be sunny then according to weather forecast.

The London Evening Standard is saying that pubs, restaurants, cinemas and leisure centres are to be told to close. About time. I have to disagree with you Annat.  I think Boris comes across as useless,  he is lagging behind the actions being taken by other countries' leaders across Europe and most of the world already. Doctors and scientists are saying the Government here is not taking adequate action to contain the situation.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

The London Evening Standard is saying that pubs, restaurants, cinemas and leisure centres are to be told to close. About time.

Boris has just told pubs, nightclubs, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, gyms and leisure centres to close from tonight.

• Like 1

Well he might have been slow to close schools, pubs, restaurants and so on, but I'll give him credit for doing it now.

Also the promise to pay 80% of wages to workers who might be laid off is welcome though we'll have to see how that works out.

The UK Government does seem to be taking Covid-19 more seriously now. Yesterday Boris was saying we'd be through it all in twelve weeks.

• Like 1