Coronavirus

seven

This in The Bangkok Post this afternoon.

Thailand recorded 33 new corona virus cases on Monday, bringing the total tally to 147, a health official said.

Shortly before the new tally was announced, the government said it plans to temporarily close venues that attract crowds of more than 50 people and postpone the traditional Songkran New Year holiday, as part of efforts to prevent a widespread outbreak of the new corona virus.

• Like 2

We had a couple of BKK girls in last night who told us that all BKK bars were closed and Pattaya would be today. Read the news this morning to learn it was just a few clubs.

There's an announcement coming soon following meetings and decisions made today. Latest news feeds state that the virus is still second phase here.

• Like 2

In case you wonder why all the bogrolls are sold out:

Not everyone can afford to self isolate for fourteen days. Its fine if you are some middle-class twat in the media who can happily lock themselves away in the  comfort of their own loft apartment for two weeks, passing the time by wanking to Mumford and sons. Hence all the bog rolls gone.:biggrin:

• Like 2

I noticed that Trump said earlier that he thought that this thing should have washed through by August but i noticed 20 mins ago a report stating that a  lockdown  for some may last for 18 months due to a vaccine is required for the  final exit strategy ( to save massive death rates)

Just been talking to my guy in China.

I was asking about lockdown times etc. He said it started in late January at the time of the Spring festival, which was supposed to go until Jan 30th. It was then extended to Feb 9. He was then visiting his place of work every 2-3 days to make sure everything was ok. On the 2nd March they resumed normal work hours preparing the place for opening.

They are now going about their normal lives, apart from wearing masks and washing hands a lot.

His closing statement was that it appears to be coming to an end.

Only telling you what he said. Don't shoot the messenger!.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tomcat said:

I noticed that Trump said earlier that he thought that this thing should have washed through by August but i noticed 20 mins ago a report stating that a  lockdown  for some may last for 18 months due to a vaccine is required for the  final exit strategy ( to save massive death rates)

I'm not an epidemiologist, but as a layman it makes sense to me that the final exit strategy is a vaccine which is most likely at least a year away. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 6:26 AM, Cherjam said:

what else are you meant do, in Scotland we just get on with life, ffs we are no a bunch of fearties like the cecils, but we know not to take risks like book flights to Thailand at a time of crisis, a nation in denial

I think I understood what she said?. Something about catching something in the Loch I think.

• Like 1