Coronavirus

seven

I dont know what you guys think of Joe Rogan.  Whatever you think of him its irrelevant.  he had on a guy who described himself as a "infectious disease detective".  Michael Osterholm is his name.  I am not even halfway through and its totally scary.  He says its early days into this things and says a vaccine will NOT be quick in coming.

Fatality rates still not clear with this disease.  We have been totally UNprepared for something like this for years.  Also the fact that we dont make many types of drugs we need in this country and have outsourced it to China and India is a huge unforced error.  

He hinted that there are tings we can do to fight it and mitigate the disaster but I havent gotten to that part yet.......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ArchieBunker said:

I dont know what you guys think of Joe Rogan.

I like him but rarely listen to him mainly because I'm not in the habit.  Some criticize him because he's a softball interviewer and doesn't challenge his guests.  Think he views interviews as a conversation instead of an interrogation. Don't see what's wrong with that.  He's good at making his guests comfortable such as Charlie Rose did.  If guests are comfortable maybe they will open up.   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, seven said:

Pretty much how I feel too. Oh well, poor ladymen, no customers. That said, rimming Polla might not be the best thing to do right now.

Same here, I arrived back in the UK on Thursday 12th March after a great Month in Pattaya. I purposely kept away from reading all the news and on my return I must say it is now shocking to see how much this virus has taken control. 

• Like 2

Well, I have just received a message from a Spanish friend who at the moment is trapped in Shanghai.

The Shanghai Government has just released a timetable.

On 16th March residents travel will return to normal.

17th public transport will return to normal.

18th production will start to return to normal.

22nd Key places will return to normal.

25th Airports, trains and major roads will return to normal.

April 6th, Universty and public school;s return to normal.

April 20th Theartres and cinemas reopen.

April 20th Primary and Kindergartens will reopen.

These are dates from the Shanghai Government meeting. Not officially announced as yet.

I guess we will see.

He was going to return to Spain but cannot as yet.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2020 at 4:52 PM, Quietguy said:

I went to local LIDL supermarket yesterday and today, but turned back when I saw the checkout queues. 

I went to LIDL again today just before midday, thinking it would be quieter. I didn't even go in. The traffic approaching from both directions was backed up for hundreds of yards from one direction and over a mile from the other direction. The LIDL carpark only holds about 20 cars and cars were queuing to get in. Going home I saw an ambulance on blue flashing lights stuck in the traffic gridlock about half a mile back.

People are panicking big time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I went to LIDL again today just before midday, thinking it would be quieter. I didn't even go in. The traffic approaching from both directions was backed up for hundreds of yards 

People are panicking big time.

Or 

IMG_20200314_165341.jpg

as it known in Deutschland :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woodie said:

Well, I have just received a message from a Spanish friend who at the moment is trapped in Shanghai.

The Shanghai Government has just released a timetable.

On 16th March residents travel will return to normal.

17th public transport will return to normal.

18th production will start to return to normal.

22nd Key places will return to normal.

25th Airports, trains and major roads will return to normal.

April 6th, Universty and public school;s return to normal.

April 20th Theartres and cinemas reopen.

April 20th Primary and Kindergartens will reopen.

These are dates from the Shanghai Government meeting. Not officially announced as yet.

I guess we will see.

What I'm curious about is when did they lock everything down?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Irish Pubs closed until the end of the month, that's St Paddy's Day knackered :unsure:

And I know how much you guys love the Irish.

7 hours ago, Woodie said:

The way things are going in Spain he might be better off in China.

41 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Irish Pubs closed until the end of the month, that's St Paddy's Day knackered :unsure:

Things have been winding down here since Thursday.  There has been an outcry this weekend regarding packed pubs when all the messages from the health experts and medics is to maintain social spacing.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duke007 said:

IMG_20200315_144616.jpg

IMG_20200315_144633.jpg

and the problem with this is ???????????????????????????. you don't need a fuc=ing suit on vaction , i hated every time i walked a soi some ass indian try to sell me a suit or shake my hand . the girls don't like them as they want a group deal 10 guys for 20 min. sorry for the rant guys i am not a fan of this country you have no idea how many calls i get saying this is tech support your computer has a virus , i like them to get a virus 10 times over. oh and i am calling from the IRS you owe us lots of money . grrrrrrrrrrr  one time they called me with that one i said thats funny i work for the IRS my boss never said anything to me who is your boss they hang up lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bumblebee said:

Things have been winding down here since Thursday.  There has been an outcry this weekend regarding packed pubs when all the messages from the health experts and medics is to maintain social spacing.  

The Government have asked for the Pubs to close from Tonight until the 29th  March

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seven said:

Seriously? Bars still open here, but they are completely dead, rightly so.

Yea, many in the bars watching the races at Cheltenham and then there was almost a feeling of being on holiday for others who finished work on Friday with the Paddy’s day celebrations starting early.  But when photos began to appear in the media there was a general feeling of disgust that people were being so careless.  The government had to act and thus the bars are closing tonight for 2 weeks.

• Like 2