Coronavirus

seven

18 minutes ago, Sustra4 said:

Spreading a virus in Europe .. reduce it to bankruptcy ... Here is the move of China ... years have been trying .... you haven't understood it yet.?.they want to buy us...this is a war...we are in war... everything was planned....they are sending us masks for money... they're helping us for money...and one day they're reducing us to slavery....

14 minutes ago, Sustra4 said:

Death to communists.,...you will realize it in the next future...Trump understood it long time ago... politically correct= nonsense...well done UK to exit Europe...the heritage of ancient Romans could not end into communists..

Huh? You ok? 

Just now, Sustra4 said:

Well..at least my gf told me that test and cure for coronavirus is free for Thai people

:biggrin: Excellent. I fully trust the Thais to be on top of this situation. I'm curious though, the cure isn't available yet in the rest of the world, how come Thailand have it already with only 55 confirmed cases?

IMG_2494.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, seven said:

:biggrin: Excellent. I fully trust the Thais to be on top of this situation. I'm curious though, the cure isn't available yet in the rest of the world, how come Thailand have it already with only 55 confirmed cases?

Apparently COVID-19 isn't feasible over 25 degrees C, are these 55 cases Thai citizens and if so have they just come back from abroad? 

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

Apparently COVID-19 isn't feasible over 25 degrees C

A lot of sources don't agree with that. There has been community spread in the Philippines. I don't see a lot of good data on Australia but apparently Tom Hanks caught it there and it's summer. But I have no idea who is spreading it to whom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke007 said:

Apparently COVID-19 isn't feasible over 25 degrees C, are these 55 cases Thai citizens and if so have they just come back from abroad? 

I've read that too and warmer weather will help. I have no idea about the thai cases, but two were immigration officers at Swampy.

My point is rather that with 11 million chinese visitors a year , I suspect the numbers to be higher.  

22 minutes ago, xyzzy said:

I don't see a lot of good data on Australia

Good point. Nothing from Oz or Africa. Very few from South America.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, seven said:
1 hour ago, xyzzy said:

I don't see a lot of good data on Australia

Good point. Nothing from Oz or Africa. Very few from South America.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert

In Australia

As at 06:30 hrs on 14 March 2020, there were 197 confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19), including 3 deaths, in Australia.

• 1 in the Australian Capital Territory
  • 91 in New South Wales
  • 0 in the Northern Territory*
  • 35 in Queensland#
  • 16 in South Australia#
  • 4 in Tasmania
  • 36 in Victoria*#
  • 14 in Western Australia#

*Note that under National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System reporting requirements, cases are reported based on their Australian jurisdiction of residence rather than where they were detected. For example, a case reported previously in the NT in a NSW resident is counted in the national figures as a NSW case.

# Includes Diamond Princess repatriation cases: Qld (3), SA (1), Vic (4), WA (2, including 1 death).

Further details:

• 15 of the initially reported cases in Australia all had a direct or indirect travel history to Wuhan, China
  • 10 cases, including 1 death, are associated with the Diamond Princess cruise ship repatriation flight from Japan
  • 18 cases are reported to have had a direct or indirect travel link to Iran
  • 92 cases are reported to have had a direct or indirect travel link to other countries and regions.
  • 32 cases, including 2 deaths, do not have a reported history of overseas travel
    • 8 of these cases are associated with an aged care facility in NSW. 2 residents of this facility have sadly died
    • 2 cases are either directly or indirectly associated with attendance at a workshop
    • 22 cases are close contacts of known cases, with further details pending
  • The likely place of exposure for a further 30 newly reported cases is under investigation

Of the 197 Australian cases reported, 27 of these cases are reported to have recovered.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/covid-19-testing/

As of March 9, 2020

We are aggregating sparse data from various sources. Where a source is official, the entry is clearly marked. Even official sources don't always report daily. Some report weekly but, in order to provide a set of comparable data, estimates are provided based on the latest available data. Estimated values are clearly marked.

Country
Tests Performed Tests per Million People
Population

Bahrain
OFFICIAL
South Korea
OFFICIAL
Hong Kong
Estimated
Italy
OFFICIAL
Switzerland
Estimated
Mar. 3: 4,000 source
Austria
OFFICIAL
UK
OFFICIAL
Belgium
Estimated
Mar 9: 3,541 OFFICIAL source
Australia
Estimated
Mar. 8: 8,278 OFFICIAL PARTIAL source source
Israel
Estimated
Mar. 8: 1,771 source
France
Estimated
Mar. 5: 6,610 OFFICIAL source
Finland
OFFICIAL Mar. 10
Malaysia
OFFICIAL Mar. 10
Japan
OFFICIAL Mar. 10
Netherlands
Estimated
Mar. 2: 200 source
USA
OFFICIAL Mar. 10
Vietnam
OFFICIAL Mar. 10
Turkey
Estimated
As of Mar 3: 940 OFFICIAL source

UK up an over a 1000 now

if it had not been for the virus I would have been on a plane back on Monday

Now the cardiac nurse has instructed me not attend any meetings, not to go cricket nets, or to the umpiring lecture on Sunday and not to give any talks. So I am now house bound except for going to the shops

Thank God for my small business and the interenet

Think in UK more and more things will close down, just like my daughters holiday to Spain was cancelled and 5 Jet2 flights to Spain turned round and went nack to UK.

I had a horrible feeling this was going to be bad, and was told I was wrong and everything is ok no worse than flu - well for once and unfortunatley looks I am right#

So will not be back until September at earliest.

Things must be tough in Pattaya my friend Tong works in a haridressing Saloon near Action Street, when I ws over in January she was working 10 to 2am most days really busy, was back at room by 1600 two days ago no customers and is on the 2100 back to Burrinan tomorrow night. She is going home to open her small hairdressing saloon in the village and to help on the family's very small farm. She cannot earn get enough money to pay rent on her room. A friend of hers who runs a bar does not know how much longer they can stay open 'No customers'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annat said:

'No customers'

My teerak works at what was a very busy shop but today she just had two massages.  It also seems quite easy to cross 2nd Road.   I have a different problem than most foreign members as I think if I leave Thailand that I might not be allowed to return due to travel restrictions.

In reality no one knows what will happen in summer and beyond. But it seems there is a decent chance the virus will be back next winter in the northern hemisphere.

I sort of wish I had stayed in Thailand given what is going on here ATM. However I have no trust the Thais actually know what is going on. They don't seem to have many deaths if they are actually reporting them/know what caused them. I came home a bit early because I was worried about possibly not being able to get back in the US. Now I'm not so happy to be here. And the prospect of a water less Songkran sounds pretty good (if that is still being planned). 

I have a trip booked in January 2021. I'm hoping there will be some kind of medical break though before then although I know that is a short amount of time for a medical solution. On the hopeful side there has been a lot of research done on previous viruses that might help speed up things. I haven't missed a winter trip to Thailand in 14 years. So here is hoping.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xyzzy said:

I sort of wish I had stayed in Thailand given what is going on here ATM. However I have no trust the Thais actually know what is going on. They don't seem to have many deaths if they are actually reporting them/know what caused them. I came home a bit early because I was worried about possibly not being able to get back in the US. Now I'm not so happy to be here. And the prospect of a water less Songkran sounds pretty good (if that is still being planned).

Pretty much how I feel too. Oh well, poor ladymen, no customers. That said, rimming Polla might not be the best thing to do right now.