Coronavirus

seven

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Ireland said today it was closing schools, colleges and public offices due to worries over the coronavirus pandemic.

We are closed for the next two weeks, but it might well carry on for the next two months or more with the speed with which circumstances are changing. 

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

One of the guys in the pic with Trump and Pence taken recently at Mar-A-Lago has tested positive for coronavirus.

I hope a news reporter asks Trump if he has been tested yet, and how many test kits are available to the White House and Congress. 

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Major league baseball just suspended all operations

MLB moved the start of the season (originally March 26) back two weeks and canceled spring training. But that might not help much.

The PGA golf tour, the last sport still going?, is playing with no fans in attendance. But when one of them tests positive that will likely end also?

1 hour ago, stoolpusher said:

And the Formula 1 is cancelled FFS , I was going to watch that  over the weekend 

Apart from any other pressures, maybe Lewis Hamilton's comments carried some weight.

Bad luck SP. You'll just have to watch the traffic in soi pothole instead.

• Like 1

Meanwhile in Florida, about 25 confirmed cases reported thus far. Preparing for the apparent worst to come, I went to the market to stock up on food and other essentials. At 10 am the market was packed. The anxiety and urgency was palpable. People where I live are beginning to panic.  The market was out of powdered milk, toilet paper, hand sanitizer and many other items. Market workers were scrambling to restock the shelves. I filled two shopping carts and spent $350, mostly on meat and non-perishables like rice, beans and assorted canned goods. Probably an overreaction, but better to be safe than sorry, as they say. I’ll be going back tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvester said:

I went to the market to stock up on food and other essentials.

Oh, you're one of those. Thank you. :biggrin:

I went to another supermarket last night with a friend and we were lost for words. People were manic, tunnelvision, zero compassion for the next one, fighting over the last cartoons of milk, shoving shit they probably didn't need into their shopping carts. We bought ciggies and left. Fucking hoarders. 

• Like 1

The market was out of toilet paper

17 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Bringing home a bum gun a few years ago and now long installed in my bathroom is looking like a wise move with every passing day.  It might be worth buying one online with all that’s happening chaps.  

What is it with people stocking up with huge amounts of toilet paper? They can't really use that much can they?

I've got a bum gun fitted too bb, brought back from patts 7 or 8 years ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

What is it with people stocking up with huge amounts of toilet paper? They can't really use that much can they?

I've got a bum gun fitted too bb, brought back from patts 7 or 8 years ago.

One story I hear is that younger people are being told toilet roll is the best for cleaning smartphones and that’s then circulating on social media.  It’s a bloody frenzy out there in the supermarkets, our local one was out of pasta, eggs, sausages, snacks and biscuits besides toilet rolls, yet plenty of kitchen rolls, bread, pizzas and Indian, Chinese and  Thai meals.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Oh, you're one of those!

Fucking smokers! :biggrin:

Haha, good one, QG.

30 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

What is it with people stocking up with huge amounts of toilet paper?

Yeah, exactly my friends comment last night. Why? I think we have to turn to Freud for this. It's about the fear of excrements, anal ring piece shuts down when in fear, " so scared I shit myself" etc. Its all very anal :)

• Like 2

Yeah, I don’t get the toilet paper thing. I went to the market only for food items.

I went to a Walmart store, Target and then a different Walmart store yesterday. The second Walmart store I went to had a few four packs of generic Walmart TP. The generic TP is actually much better than I envisioned for a generic. There were about seven four packs and I bought one and left the rest for others (I was out). The rest disappeared in minutes. I also have a Thai style bum gun but don't always use it here. I'll mostly spare you the story about a previous setup I had that sprung a leak in my home bathroom that doesn't have a floor drain like the bathrooms in Thailand (I didn't see a swimming emoji here). So my new setup is something that isn't always hooked up but I can do so easily.  It's all a bit crazy but when the US finally gets a decent amount of testing, and real results, hoarding will probably get worse.

Some one told me in an emergency (or pseudo emergency) the first things that get sold out are TP, bottled water and batteries.

• Like 1

Spreading a virus in Europe .. reduce it to bankruptcy ... Here is the move of China ... years have been trying .... you haven't understood it yet.?.they want to buy us...this is a war...we are in war... everything was planned....they are sending us masks for money... they're helping us for money...and one day they're reducing us to slavery....