Coronavirus

seven

what about Retail workers - Wall-mart - Fred Meyers - Safeway - Target no masks or gloves but have people sneezing or coughing on them kids with runny noses wiping there faces on product around the store , and these workers go home and it spreads , retail workers should have masks and gloves to deal with the public ,and kids should not be allowed in the stores until this is over. I worked retail for 15 years and have seen way more then i needed to. young kids that work in the stores have to clean the rest rooms not fully trained or protected and most times they don't clean it correctly . this  are american retail stores ,.

• Like 1

Up to 70% of the population is likely to be infected with the coronavirus that is currently spreading around the world, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said, adding that since there was currently no cure the focus had to be on slowing its spread.

“When the virus is out there, the population has no immunity and no therapy exists, then 60 to 70% of the population will be infected,” she told a news conference in Berlin. “The process has to be focused on not overburdening the health system by slowing the virus’s spread.

“It’s about winning time.”

• Like 1

17 hours ago, seven said:

Hmmm. Thailand 53 cases. Really?

Thai immigration officers at Bangkok airport diagnosed with COVID-19

Two immigration officers at Bangkok's main airport have coronavirus and may have handled the passports of visitors to Thailand, a health official said Wednesday. One of the officers was among a team leading health screenings of Thai returnees from South Korea -- which has reported the second most COVID-19 infections in Asia after China.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thai-immigration-officers-bangkok-airport-diagnosed-covid-19-070534941.html

So this makes it 55 cases? :biggrin:

I don't even want to think about how many there really are after seeing all the chinese tourists over the Xmas and New Year and a good part of january.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tour-buses-idle-thai-economy-takes-gut-punch-092448276--finance.html

Tour buses idle as Thai economy takes gut punch from virus

Ranks of tourist buses idle under a burning sun while once-bustling theme parks lie empty -- from above, striking images reveal the hollowing out of Thai tourism due to the effect of the new coronavirus.

Chinese tourists -- 10 million of whom were expected to visit this year -- have abandoned Thailand

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, seven said:

Thai immigration officers at Bangkok airport diagnosed with COVID-19

Two immigration officers at Bangkok's main airport have coronavirus and may have handled the passports of visitors to Thailand, a health official said Wednesday. One of the officers was among a team leading health screenings of Thai returnees from South Korea -- which has reported the second most COVID-19 infections in Asia after China.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thai-immigration-officers-bangkok-airport-diagnosed-covid-19-070534941.html

So this makes it 55 cases? :biggrin:

I don't even want to think about how many there really are after seeing all the chinese tourists over the Xmas and New Year and a good part of january.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tour-buses-idle-thai-economy-takes-gut-punch-092448276--finance.html

Tour buses idle as Thai economy takes gut punch from virus

Ranks of tourist buses idle under a burning sun while once-bustling theme parks lie empty -- from above, striking images reveal the hollowing out of Thai tourism due to the effect of the new coronavirus.

Chinese tourists -- 10 million of whom were expected to visit this year -- have abandoned Thailand

I think same same...I tested this morning...result=negative...I had little bit of cough....I presume infection is among us 10 times more than said..... I'm very pessimistic..just the beginning

And how Thai people can pay for a hospital testing when they don't have money for food

Regards from the red zone ( Rome is actually orange )

• Like 2

The Golden State Warriors (US pro basketball) will have no fans at their home games for at least the next two weeks (jinx I owe you a Coke). Just a California ban not a national ban. So far pro sports and many college sport have been playing as usual. That will probably come to a halt soon. 

CLOVID-19.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

All bars and restaurants closed in Italy!

Exceptions are grocery stores and pharmacies.

I confirm. To go out you need an auto certification that you are going to work or home. Before entering grocery shop you need to wear gloves.

Police could stop you anytime.

Regarding the fan ban in Thailand..well done. I'm in the middle of it and people is really scared. Do not understimate this virus.

But we have free hospitals...and they are full to the top..what would happen in Thailand?

16 minutes ago, Sustra4 said:

I'm in the middle of it and people is really scared. Do not understimate this virus.

Europe is panicking alright. We had our first casualty today. A very old person with an underlying condition.

Its a very eerie atmosphere here in Europe right now. Like Armageddon. Hardly any people at all outside (Stockholm).

Scary stuff.

The situation here is nowhere close to Italy. I went shopping tonight at a huge supermarket, no customers except for me and a few Chinese wearing facemasks.

28 minutes ago, Sustra4 said:

But we have free hospitals...and they are full to the top..what would happen in Thailand?

So do we, but we can't handle a full-blown outbreak. The hospitals and ICU units would be full within hours. We've stopped tracking it, no point now, but  concentrate to care for the already ill.

2 hours ago, Cherjam said:

I have decided to postpone my June trip, my health is too important to me, I have respiratory problems and cant risk it. 

I have (today) just cut my June trip from 28 nights to 22 nights in Pattaya just in case I get too bored :biggrin:

7 hours ago, xyzzy said:

The Golden State Warriors (US pro basketball) will have no fans at their home games for at least the next two weeks

Things changing fast here tonight. The NBA (pro basketball) is suspending their season after tonight. One of the players tested positive for the virus.

Hopefully this thing will be like seasonal flu and die down in the summer. But no one knows yet. But it will probably be back next fall (US CDC).

Tom Hanks and his Mrs have been diagnosed with the corona virus.

hanks.jpg.84e8f38eb1094fd1a2a8c80aead39c6c.jpg

Yesterday I went through the cancellation process with Emirates for my flight to the UK in April.

Besides the hassle of returning into Thailand with their new mandatory smartphone app upon re-entry, being introduced today (12th March), I have no intention of exposing my 88 and 89 year old parents to my own self which has been exposed to numerous international travellers during my journey.

Better to be safe than sorry.

No Songkran celebrations this year, either.  That in itself will probably save more lives in Thailand than the corona virus might take.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dixon cox said:

Tom Hanks and his Mrs have been diagnosed with the corona virus.

hanks.jpg.84e8f38eb1094fd1a2a8c80aead39c6c.jpg

Yesterday I went through the cancellation process with Emirates for my flight to the UK in April.

Besides the hassle of returning into Thailand with their new mandatory smartphone app upon re-entry, being introduced today (12th March), I have no intention of exposing my 88 and 89 year old parents to my own self which has been exposed to numerous international travellers during my journey.

Better to be safe than sorry.

No Songkran celebrations this year, either.  That in itself will probably save more lives in Thailand than the corona virus might take.

I hear mate 

My dad's 90th birthday is on the 23rd may but I won't fly home in case I even give him a dose of plane flew that every one seems to  get 

2 hours ago, dixon cox said:

their new mandatory smartphone app upon re-entry, being introduced today (12th March)

Here is a link to the AOT android app in the Play Store (good name for a bar IMO).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AOT&hl=en_US

I believe it is an already existing app perhaps with an area that deals with coronavirus.  I suppose things will be clearer in a few days.

Or perhaps one just needs to fill out a T8 form

https://www.thaiairways.com/static/common/pdf/news_announcement/T8.pdf

Ireland said today it was closing schools, colleges and public offices due to worries over the coronavirus pandemic.

Speaking in Washington D.C., Ireland’s Prime Minister Leo Varadkar announced the new tough measures to stop the spread of coronavirus.

Varadkar said from 6pm today, all schools, childcare facilities, colleges and public offices would be shut.

He said outdoor gatherings of more than 500 people and indoor gatherings of more than 100 people should be cancelled.