Coronavirus

seven

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

What a fucking stupid thing to say.

Or how about his not so bright offspring: 

Congressman Rages at Don Jr. for Saying Democrats Want Coronavirus to Kill Millions

Don Jr. “should not be near me when he says that. There would be a serious altercation,” said Rep. John Garamendi

When Garamendi was told on MSNBC that Don Jr. said the Democrats are “seemingly” hoping the coronavirus “kills millions” of Americans to make the president look bad, the congressman responded with rage, saying, “He should not be near me when he says that. There would be a serious altercation.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/congressman-threatens-donald-trump-jr-democrats-coronavirus-959761/?fbclid=IwAR3_RrSQ-g_i71HDb2tPl4D1XsfW9BiLJ0ww5HqhaqGc5FQPFdKD-1v6eEE

• Like 1

Sweden ups risk of wide coronavirus outbreak in Sweden to 'moderate'

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden's Public Health Agency on Monday raised its assessment of the risk of a widespread outbreak of coronavirus in Sweden to "moderate" from "low", the head of the agency told a news conference.

The agency also said it now sees the risk of imported cases and of Swedish citizens being infected abroad as "very high", up from the previous assessment of "high".

"In particular the situation in Italy means that we now expect that Swedish citizens will be infected, and also come to Sweden with the infection," agency head Johan Carlson said.

Sweden has 14 confirmed cases of coronavirus but no fatalities.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-ups-risk-wide-coronavirus-122423109.html

• Like 2

18 hours ago, seven said:

Can this be true?

Thailand imposes compulsory self-quarantine for passengers from 11 countries and territories

https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-03-20-intl-hnk/h_869a6c4d3e1251084fe0fbf10994e758

Fake news posted on Fartbook and adopted as true by (fake news distributor) CNN.
Fucking hell, I believe the news from Russia Today and Al Jazzera more than the western media now.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Fake news posted on Fartbook and adopted as true by (fake news distributor) CNN.
Fucking hell, I believe the news from Russia Today and Al Jazzera more than the western media now.

lol :crazy::crazy: believe 1% of what the news tells you or any government and 99% of what you see . my suggestion is stocking up on can goods and weapons and ammunition . because it's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine. :dwarf: 

:biggrin: They just can't help themselves, can they. Hilarious. They're doing their best to destroy tourism once and for all.

"Thailand threw possibly tens of thousands of holiday plans into confusion after the health minister ordered any new arrivals from eight countries to undergo quarantine for the coronavirus, before swiftly reversing the decision.

Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul posted an announcement Tuesday saying travellers from affected countries would be subjected to a 14-day quarantine "without exceptions".

The countries were China, South Korea, Japan, Germany, France, Singapore, Italy and Iran. Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan were also included on the list.

The post was removed hours later, and his official Facebook page was taken down.

Anutin is no stranger to gaffes.

Last month he lashed out at "Western" tourists for not wearing face masks, suggesting they should be expelled for putting others at risk. He later apologised on his Facebook page."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thai-quarantine-flip-flop-throws-holidays-doubt-002808125.html

• Like 1

Bangkok airport screens passengers for signs of coronavirus

Passengers arriving at the airport in Bangkok, Thailand, today (March 4) are screened for signs of the coronavirus.

Staff at the Suvarnabhumi Airport have set up 'Thermoscan' points to detect any tourists arriving who have fevers or high temperatures.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bangkok-airport-screens-passengers-signs-150000537.html

• Like 1

8% of Iran's parliament has the coronavirus, and it released 54,000 prisoners as the country descends into chaos

At least 77 people have died in Iran from the virus so far, according to the official death toll, though the number could be much higher because of the government's apparent efforts to hide the extent of the outbreak. Iran has over 2,300 confirmed cases. 

A BBC News report, which cited hospital sources, on Friday said the death toll from coronavirus in Iran was actually 210.

https://news.yahoo.com/8-irans-parliament-coronavirus-released-215907559.html

ed7d756f276e8e9569e6d300766701fb.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seven said:

Bangkok airport screens passengers for signs of coronavirus

Passengers arriving at the airport in Bangkok, Thailand, today (March 4) are screened for signs of the coronavirus.

Staff at the Suvarnabhumi Airport have set up 'Thermoscan' points to detect any tourists arriving who have fevers or high temperatures.

What's more concerning for me is that passengers departing are also being screened. I almost booked my flights for next Jan/Feb yesterday. The price for direct flights with BA and Thai Airways are at £530-535. Usually around £6-800 at this time. 

But I've read that departing passengers are also being checked and taken away for further checks if they have high temperatures. I'll leave my flight booking for now, the prices might fall more. And I hope that the coronavirus scare might have died down by next year. 

But I think low season in los is going to be really bad this year.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2020 at 8:16 PM, alaskanbear said:

lol :crazy::crazy: believe 1% of what the news tells you or any government and 99% of what you see . my suggestion is stocking up on can goods and weapons and ammunition . because it's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine. :dwarf: 

You must be a Yank.
In Europe they have stripped the ordinary population of all firerams and ammonition.
The terrorists and criminals still have them of course. They don't care of the laws.
I go make a bow.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Duncan said:

You must be a Yank.
In Europe they have stripped the ordinary population of all firerams and ammonition.
The terrorists and criminals still have them of course. They don't care of the laws.
I go make a bow.

YES I AM....

The name is real Alaskan Bear , i have a shot gun next to my bed a 45 under my pillow , my wife who is a gamer sits in the living room has a 380 next to her and a katana , oh and i have a machete strapped to my desk , i love Alaska .  oh and a 7mm mag rifle for hunting .  

BANGKOK (Reuters) - The Thai government on Thursday announces new compulsory quarantine measure for arrivals from four countries and two territories in a bid to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

The move came as the Thai postal service began disinfecting all packages received from overseas, although the World Health Organization has said it is safe to receive post from badly affected countries such as China.

The quarantine announcement, published in the official Royal Gazette on Thursday, classified South Korea, China, Macao, Hong Kong, Italy and Iran as “dangerous communicable disease areas”.

This means that all arrivals from these places, including those that transit through them, will have to provide the authorities with their address and travel plan and be self-quarantined for 14 days.

“Thais and foreigners who came from these places will have to go through self-quarantine for 14 days at home or in a hotel room, where they have to report themselves to the authorities every day or officials will come to check on them,” health ministry spokesman Rungrueng Kitphati told Reuters.

Those that breached the quarantined will face 20,000 baht ($630) fine, Rungrueng said.

Arrivals who display coronavirus symptoms will be send directly to government hospitals.

The order will be effective from Friday.

• Like 1

This coronavirus is driving fast as a formula 1 car hitting everything and everyone... situation in northern Italy is very serious..in Rome nobody in the streets....hotels,bars and restaurants empty ( and this is good to avoid more spreading ) I bought a bycicle avoiding the bus or metro...unlikely working on hospitality, I am at risk..will probably loose my job soon..I wash my hands so much that I have the skin consumed...no sex or Interactions with people....but there is always a good glass of red wine to get me comfortable with the idea that when everything will be over ( if it will )..I'll fly to Thailand again....take care as I do...wear mask and sunglasses..and wash your hands..before and after

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sustra4 said:

I wash my hands so much that I have the skin consumed.

sustra,

while I appreciate the situation in northern Italy being probably the worst in the world right now, at least in a civilised enlightened society where we believe in information and transparency,  you do realise that a Corona infection could be like a cold or the flu? Catching the Coronavirus does not mean you will die in pneumonia. It could kill you sure, but so can crossing 2nd rd in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Italy will expand the lockdown of the Lombardy region to the entire country, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said Monday as Italy’s case count surged, making it the country with the most COVID-19 cases outside of China. 

People throughout the country of 60 million should not travel other than for work and emergencies, Conte said. He added that all public gatherings will be banned and sporting events suspended. The decision was made to protect the most vulnerable people in the country, he said, and the measures will take effect Tuesday and last until April 3.