Harry

Just Joined.

Hi there,

Harry here and just joined. Not new to the scene and have been active on a few forums.

Will have a peruse of the topics and find my feet and then have some input.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the welcome Archie. 

I am more aware of the scene in Pattaya than Bangkok. I like travel and have had some interaction with LBs in other areas of Thailand like Udon Thani, Burriram, Surin, Khon Khan and Chang Mai. I have had numerous trips to Pattaya and enjoy the scene there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

other areas of Thailand like Udon Thani, Burriram, Surin, Khon Kaen

Welcome aboard Harry!    :drinks:

I'm especially interested in the ladyboy scene up in Issan.

I have lived in Thailand for just over three years . I now live up in Khon Khan after living in Phuket for a year and Pattaya for a year.

There is a scene for LBs up here from Chang Mai, to here in Khon Khan and in most places in Issan but nowhere near the scene like in Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket.

Small scene in Khon Khan, Udon Thani and other places but I would say that Chang Mai had the best scene overall.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Harry said:

I have lived in Thailand for just over three years . I now live up in Khon Khan after living in Phuket for a year and Pattaya for a year.

There is a scene for LBs up here from Chang Mai, to here in Khon Khan and in most places in Issan but nowhere near the scene like in Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket.

Small scene in Khon Khan, Udon Thani and other places but I would say that Chang Mai had the best scene overall.

Small places doesn't mean bad places. In these areas, you sometimes find just one ladyboy but you find a gem that you won't find in Pattaya or Bangkok. 

• Like 2

If you are in to the mongering scene then obviously the big smokers are the places to be . I have my life partner so me moving to Tha Bo ( Nhong Khai) is easy, I do suppose its where and what you want to be doing down the track . 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, P&G said:

Small places doesn't mean bad places. In these areas, you sometimes find just one ladyboy but you find a gem that you won't find in Pattaya or Bangkok. 

I did not say that small places mean bad places. I said the LB scenes in the places I mentioned are smaller than Phuket, Bangkok and Pattaya.

A completely different meaning.

• Like 2

A small burst about the Khon Khan scene and bar scene. The main small bar area is between the Kosa Hotel and the Pullman Hotel. Not many bars there and there are less now as some have closed and replaced by a coffee shop and a hairdresser place.

The main bar was My Bar but it is a shell of it's former self. Once the post popular farang bars in KK but not now. Mainly just a drinking bar for a few expats and they have a couple girls on staff that go. No LBs on staff and rarely will you see one in there unless with someone or with friends for a drink. There as a couple of bars on the other side of the road with one or two having the token LB on staff. Eric Bar has two at the moment, the place next to it on the left as you look into Eric Bar has a couple now and then mainly on weekends.

You will find LBs at the thai orientated places that have bands playing, much like a large covered beer garden areas that will be willing to go if you put in the work for them and you are inclined to frequent these places. If you do frequent them, you will not be troubled if you do so. There are quite a few LBs in Khon Khan, a fair few work in normal jobs at the Central Shopping Centre and around town and you can find a few on the likes of TF and such. Overall the scene from a bar point of view between Khon Khan and Udon Than, then Udon Thani would be the better option in that area.

I will be in Udon Thani in a week or so for a golfing weekend so I will give a small update and view on the bar scene there. 

• Like 5

On 1/6/2020 at 3:30 AM, Harry said:

I did not say that small places mean bad places. I said the LB scenes in the places I mentioned are smaller than Phuket, Bangkok and Pattaya.

A completely different meaning.

I did not say you said it either. 

Another small burst on Udon Thani scene and bar scene. The main bar scene is virtually a soi near Central Plaza often referred to as Soi Farang. There is a few small bars along the soi but the two main areas is Nutty Park and the Tin Cowshed as it is referred to.

The Cowshed is next door to the Pannarai Hotel and would be the main bar area. It is made up of a number of bars and has a few LBs working in the complex at different bars. As you enter the complex, towards the end on the right there are two bars which seem to have most of the LBs but there are some scattered within the other bars. The complex usually goes to 1.00am or 2.00am at the latest, depending how busy it is.

When you leave the Cowshed, turn right and go to the end of the soi then turn left and Nutty Park is then just up on the left. Nutty Park is very dead with some of the bars closed up altogether and only a few open. Most bars are gg bars but on occasions you can come across a LB in one of them. After 10pm at night you will come across FL LBs who gather at the top of the Soi Farang before you turn left to go to Nutty Park.

As with Khon Khan,  you will find LBs at the thai orientated places that have bands playing and there is a fair few working  in normal jobs at the Central Shopping Centre and around town. You will also find a few on the likes of TF and such. Overall the scene from a bar point of view between Khon Khan and Udon Thani, then Udon Thani would be the better option in that area.

In Soi Farang a few new hotels have opened lately and there is a few more being built in the area. It seems to be that they expect more tourists to start visiting the area in the near future.  

• Like 2