So How Did You Ring In The New Year

Pdoggg

On 1/1/2020 at 12:50 AM, bumblebee said:

Spent the minute with my eyes shielded in case a stray firework hit me on my balcony. HNY guys.

23 hours ago, ciobha said:

I remember last year, although not packed there was a reasonable crowd, and the Italian next door was pretty packed with them letting off fireworks for almost an hour after countdown.

23 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Wasn’t that a right pain, having to shelter inside La Bamba every few minutes to avoid the racket.  Fucked up a nice chilled night out front.

One soi over on Soi Post Office where Lita Bar is located a farang was killed by his own fireworks. RIP 

A British tourist has been pronounced dead after a firework exploded last evening on Soi 13/2 in Central Pattaya.

Captain Nakarat Nonsrilard of the Pattaya City Police was notified of the incident at 12:30AM on Soi 13/2 near Second Road and the Miami gogo.

Police, emergency responders and The Pattaya News rushed to the scene.

The British man, 51, had sustained serious face injuries and was found at the scene in critical condition. He was named by Pattaya Police as Mr. Gary McLaren.

Despite the best efforts of medical staff he was later pronounced dead at the scene.

A large firework was found on the ground nearby and taken as evidence.

A 24 year old witness, Ms. Wassana Nguantai, told The Pattaya News reporters that Mr. McLaren had tried to light the firework two times but failed. It is believed the firework was faulty and exploded on the ground while Mr. McLaren was attempting to light it a third time.

Pattaya Police are continuing their investigation and contacting the British Embassy and relatives of Mr. McLaren. Officially, fireworks are against the law to be lit without a proper license and trained personnel but were widely available on New Year’s Eve, being sold by various street vendors across the city.

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

The British man, 51, had sustained serious face injuries and was found at the scene in critical condition. He was named by Pattaya Police as Mr. Gary McLaren.

RIP He had a Thai fiancee.

https//www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7842273/British-man-50-killed-trying-to-light-firework-Thailand-New-Years-Eve.html

Screenshot 2020-01-01 at 19.34.42.png

Screenshot 2020-01-01 at 20.01.42.png

• Like 1

Sad news indeed, and unfortunately was the case of the experience I had last night when seeing the A6 Road cordened off by Police ( in my previous Post on page 1). 

It turns out a male motorcyclist was hit by a 36 year old female car driver (who was under the influence of drugs) and died later today of his injuries :(

Sylvester, when I got to Mobile in 81 there were no fewer than 3 General Lee's runnin the road. One with the Dixie horn.  The first place Bozo appeared was a football stadium in Mobile.  I got out but now I'm in Gumpville, plenty of shrimp and oysters here tho :)

Last year I spent new years day enjoying the quiet LOW traffic in Bangkok.

Very sad about the guy and the fireworks.  They TELL you not to try and relight them, but do we listen?

Celebrations are nice, but as with everything in life, can be fatal.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 2:41 AM, Quietguy said:

Screenshot 2020-01-01 at 20.01.42.png

I believe the photo with the cake was taken at Chik-N-Coop Bar where some LBR members would occasionally watch American football.

Mike Cooperman, a US-born Air Force veteran who owns the Chik-N-Coop Bar in Pattaya, wrote: "I will always remember how happy you were that night. RIP Gary, a good friend and brother.

"Jasmine please accept our deepest condolences and to his family. If you need anything please let us know."

In a statement on New Year's Day, the bar wrote: "As most of you know we lost a dear friend last night, I heart felt condolences go out to his fiancee Jasmine and his family and friends, we will raise a toast to you tonight Gary."

This year was the first year in a long time I was actually awake at midnight. Was at familys house.  Didnt go out but they did for a short while.  I stayed in and looked after the dog!!!  Years gone by I would work NY Eve and NY day as we got a bit extra for working the holidays.  The last few years I couldnt be arsed.

Hope 2020 is a good one for everyone concerned.  Good health to everyone....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

I stayed in and looked after the dog!!! 

There is one ladyboy who on her Line or Messenger account had the words, "Fuck me like a dog".

Is "looked after" an euphemism?   Thank god Edith, Gloria, and Mike went out as we can have some "alone time" Lassie!   :yahoo:

Happy New Year Arch!  :drinks:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Meathead said:

There is one ladyboy who on her Line or Messenger account had the words, "Fuck me like a dog".

Is "looked after" an euphemism?   Thank god Edith, Gloria, and Mike went out as we can have some "alone time" Lassie!   :yahoo:

Happy New Year Arch!  :drinks:

WOOF!!!!  Good too see you make an appearance you Meathead you. Probably taking a break from Bernies campaign or your "work" on the commune!!!

• Like 2