Can a farm boy be HiSo?

bumblebee

We hear it in the bars and on social media from time to time where a ladyboy will boast that she is HiSo.    Now the majority of the ladyboys guys encounter come from poor, rural backgrounds as we all know.  So can they work themselves up to high society, or is it all in their minds because they have made some cash for ass, and that HiSo is something you are born into and can’t be bought.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bumblebee said:

is it all in their minds because they have made some cash for ass, and that HiSo is something you are born into and can’t be bought.

Correctomundo. Same in Europe really. We have the nouveau riche. The russians would be the perfect example. Too much too soon.

Centuries of communism  only to become capitalists overnight, and believing they can buy class. They're sense of class and fashion is a joke.

Buy as much gold and diamonds you can , and hang them on your lady.:bad:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps they see it as being HiSo among their own social grouping if they leave the village for the big bad world and make some cash, regardless of how.  My other half uses the word to describe herself on occasions but it tends to be in comparison to others who stayed behind to toil the land.  I said to her one day do you really think you are HiSo and she gave me a timed smile in reply.  She can’t be the exception with this mind set as we all know the locals love a bit of one upmanship on the next person.

• Like 3

I think different people use HiSo differently.  Think the original meaning of High Society was referring to the type of people attending debutante balls and charity galas.  But I don't think people who are actually HiSo refer to themselves that way.  Seems that nowadays it's used perjoratively referring to posers who may have money but no class.  A good example of this is Trump with his gaudy gold drapery and eating well done steaks with ketchup. 

I don't think you would find the Duchess of Wherever in High Society on Fields in Angeles City. Rather you'll find sex tourists and prostitutes who probably are lots more fun than Newport blue bloods.    

hiso.jpg

• Like 1