Delirious Bar

Today´s Whisky Update:

Laphroaig 10Y - Singlemalt Scotch Whisky

Laphroaig 10 is one of my favourite Singlemalt Scotch Whisky´s. I love its peaty character :-)

It´s a full-bodied, smoky gem, with a residual sweetness and a hint of salt amid the seaweedy, peaty characters before a long warming finish.

Really smoky and iodine rich. This has to be one of Scotland's most characterful drams.

Laphroaig are known for their medicinal malts, and the classic 10 year old is no exception.

On the palate you get seaweed-led, with a hint of vanilla ice cream and more than a whiff of notes from the first aid box.

The oak is big, and muscles its way into the fore as you hold this whisky over your tongue. Spices develop (cardamom/black pepper/chilli).

IMG_2472.JPG

Yesterday my friend Peterbilt visited me to pick up his suitcase (i brought it over from Thailand) and he gave me a very nice present :-)

A Laphroaig 10Y Edition with chocolate Whisky truffels and Laphroaig tasting glasses.

Thank you very much for the present and i hope we see us next month for a whisky tasting and barbeque :-)

IMG_20200713_180158.jpg

• Like 1

Today´s Whiskey Update:

Russell´s Reserve Single Barrel - Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve Single Barrel is a non-chillfiltered expression from this famous brand.

A big, bold and warming whiskey that explodes on the palate.

It matures in heavy "alligator" char new American oak barrels and is hand-selected by Master Distillers Jimmy and Eddie Russell.

Each honey barrel is then bottled at a hearty 110 proof without chill-filtration in order to preserve maximum flavor.

On the palate, this is a flavorful, multilayered whiskey, with an initial hit of alcohol burn and a strong cinnamon and oak note giving way to vanilla, almond, toasted coconut, and mint before the cinnamon and baking spice notes return.

The finish is long and enjoyable, with a distinct apple pie note followed by oak, baking spices and chocolate.

IMG_2487.JPG

After a couple of Russell´s Reserve you can enjoy this couple :-P

41fb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 1:12 AM, petesie said:

I just missed him as he'd conned the lads out of their money & done a runner; this was the back end of 2007 I didn't show up till the early La Bumbar days of 2008.

Halycon days, great lads and fine lassies. B)

I concur.... 2008 was a fantastic year and the start my wander down the yellow brick road.. 555

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you type Delirious Bar into Google Maps the correct location comes up but it is listed as Soi 19 instead of Soi 25 which could confuse some Bolt drivers since Bolt depends on Google Maps.   To avoid confusion, if going to/from Delirious, I suggest that you type in Assienda which is just across the soi and labeled correctly as Soi 25.

50 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

If you type Delirious Bar into Google Maps the correct location comes up but it is listed as Soi 19 instead of Soi 25 which could confuse some Bolt drivers since Bolt depends on Google Maps.   To avoid confusion, if going to/from Delirious, I suggest that you type in Assienda which is just across the soi and labeled correctly as Soi 25.

Thanks Pdogg, i changed something and maybe it should work now or the next days.

locationmaps.thumb.png.466fa6d70bc92d1a2b2992b7f3f31ed1.png

• 2 weeks later...